JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spot-on. Macallan 12 is def the better buy.
I still prefer a nice drab of Laphroig or Ardbeg, but Macallan is damn good!
Not to mention, Neil Peart (the GOAT of all drummers) swore by Macallan.
Ginger Baker!
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was pretty darn good! Was the 18 year worth 400% the cost of entry compared to the 12 year? Absolutely not.

Obviously nothing is apples to apples here as they don't ever taste the same, but if it was my money on the line, I would pick up a bottle of Yellow Spot or Yamazaki 12-year by Suntory instead of replacing the Macallan 18 with another bottle of it. That being said, I already picked up those two bottles and have no desire to get another Macallan 18 due to it's cost not really bringing 400% more "value" to my pallet.

Anyway, back to stalking. Who's going to send me some whisky? Prefer no spit in it, i'm not a cop.
For a Bottle of The Macallan 18, I'll tolerate a mild sexual assault. I've been holding on to a bottle for 9 years now when it was purchased for just $160, now it is indeed $400. Yes it is open and I sip now and again, but know I'll never buy a bottle of scotch at such a high price.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Spot-on. Macallan 12 is def the better buy.
I still prefer a nice drab of Laphroig or Ardbeg, but Macallan is damn good!
Not to mention, Neil Peart (the GOAT of all drummers) swore by Macallan.
Just for those wondering, the Macallan 18 was replaced with a bottle of Macallan 12 double-wood. Wow, it's a very interesting offering from Macallan. Easily their most unusual offering. Typical double-woods tend to be sweeter and less peaty such as the Balvenie doublewood 12 (a staple offering in the double-wood family).

But no, it's the most peaty offering i've ever had from Macallan yet also sweet and complex. Full disclosure: I'm not really into peaty offerings but this is not overboard.

Worth the cost of entry ($60)? Yes

Compares to my go-to balvenie doublewood 12? I actually like the Macallan more, it's more complex and makes the Balvenie seem..... bland. Maybe my bottle of Balvenie is a dud, it does seem especially bland (purchased at the same time as the Macallan 12 double-wood.

Silver&Black_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Sherief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC (2010), '21 Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice @Rick Astley , appreciate the recommendation. The Balvenie DoubleWood was just ok imo.....I def expected more smoke/peat.
I have yet to try the Macallan double cask, but now it's on my list to pick up a bottle.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nice @Rick Astley , appreciate the recommendation. The Balvenie DoubleWood was just ok imo.....I def expected more smoke/peat.
I have yet to try the Macallan double cask, but now it's on my list to pick up a bottle.
Doublewoods are generally not very smoky with the sherry casking and all.

I have fond memories of the Balvenie doublewood, but this last bottle seemed entirely flat and without much character. I dunno..... It didn't taste like all the other bottles! And that was the evening before opening the Macallan, so it wasn't just a head-to-head comparison thing. I was not impressed with the Balvenie on it's own merits at the time of sipping.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doublewoods are generally not very smoky with the sherry casking and all.

I have fond memories of the Balvenie doublewood, but this last bottle seemed entirely flat and without much character. I dunno..... It didn't taste like all the other bottles! And that was the evening before opening the Macallan, so it wasn't just a head-to-head comparison thing. I was not impressed with the Balvenie on it's own merits at the time of sipping.
What in the wide, wide world of alcohol olympics have I stumbled into while looking for a place to whine about Broncos? F*#k it, give me a minute to open up Wikipedia, Google, Bing and a nice peaty bottle of PBR and I’ll be right back.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What in the wide, wide world of alcohol olympics have I stumbled into while looking for a place to whine about Broncos? F*#k it, give me a minute to open up Wikipedia, Google, Bing and a nice peaty bottle of PBR and I’ll be right back.
While staying in Cody for a week I did notice that PBR was on the "fancy" end of the Wyoming beer spectrum. Makes sense that it counts as "nice" and "peaty" for you. (full disclosure: I have a briefcase of PBR in the garage fridge, not hating on it's quality!)

Cold-brewed horse piss was readily available as the mid-quality beer at whatever passed for a sundry to you people.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
While staying in Cody for a week I did notice that PBR was on the "fancy" end of the Wyoming beer spectrum. Makes sense that it counts as "nice" and "peaty" for you. (full disclosure: I have a briefcase of PBR in the garage fridge, not hating on it's quality!)

Cold-brewed horse piss was readily available as the mid-quality beer at whatever passed for a sundry to you people.
Amateur......no one cold brews horse piss anymore you Neanderthal (unless you live in Nebraska). Us people in the cowboy state know that horse piss is beach wood aged for 6 hours while plinking on a cowbell listening to Chris Ledoux records.....but by all means, if you prefer the “Nebraska” method knock yourself out.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Amateur......no one cold brews horse piss anymore you Neanderthal (unless you live in Nebraska). Us people in the cowboy state know that horse piss is beach wood aged for 6 hours while plinking on a cowbell listening to Chris Ledoux records.....but by all means, if you prefer the “Nebraska” method knock yourself out.
Too much moonshine in the Nebraska method, hence being knocked out!

I did pay for it all with the Oklahoma credit card, so there's a strong American flavor to all the beers purchased!

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Too much moonshine in the Nebraska method, hence being knocked out!

I did pay for it all with the Oklahoma credit card, so there's a strong American flavor to all the beers purchased!
Oklahoma Credit Card?
Ford Bronco Being stalked by a B6g member! 96748DB8-50B7-4848-89A2-99723355774A

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For a Bottle of The Macallan 18, I'll tolerate a mild sexual assault. I've been holding on to a bottle for 9 years now when it was purchased for just $160, now it is indeed $400. Yes it is open and I sip now and again, but know I'll never buy a bottle of scotch at such a high price.
The MaCallan 18 is down to $330 locally now (not including the additional $40 in tax due to the tariff on non-American whisky that's in effect).

It's also out of stock with no ETA for replenishment. So there's that.

Oklahoma Credit Card?
Ford Bronco Being stalked by a B6g member! 96748DB8-50B7-4848-89A2-99723355774A
Yes indeed! Not too many people get the reference anymore. From the bygone days of fuel shortages. Now we have electricity shortages and people run out to buy electric vehicles. This is progress.
Sponsored