Sponsored

Belt chirp when a/c turns on

Nictaco2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma trd offroad
Just wondering if it’s normal or not but when I turn my a/c on and the condenser kicks on it sounds like my belt is slipping or something’s getting jammed and it’s causing a chirping noise loud enough to hear with the windows up while driving. is it normal/anyone else having this happen to them?
Sponsored

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
It can happen on any vehicle when the compressor load is engaged. If it continues, have your dealer check it out.

OP
OP

Nictaco2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for responding, and It only chirps when I first start it in the morning, and then every time the compressor kicks on when I’m driving it will happen.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I haven’t noticed anything but I’ll keep an ear out for it.

MattAttack

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
I have almost the same thing going on. At cold start-up I'm hearing a belt chirp. Doesn't happen every time though. The compressor also kicks on very hard at idle and it almost feels like a misfire. I wonder if its related to the chirp

Frazier

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma OR
Did you guys ever get a video of this issue? Wondering if I have the same thing going on. Really noisy during cold starts and with the AC on. I also feel the "misfire" but I was just chalking it up as the AC clutch engaging and causing a little shake.

OP
OP

Nictaco2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only does it once in the video becuase I can’t upload a longer video but this happens every time and on cold starts

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Only does it once in the video becuase I can’t upload a longer video but this happens every time and on cold starts

Just experienced this noise today on cold start only.

MattAttack

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Sport
Did you guys ever get a video of this issue? Wondering if I have the same thing going on. Really noisy during cold starts and with the AC on. I also feel the "misfire" but I was just chalking it up as the AC clutch engaging and causing a little shake.
Of course every time I try to take a video, it doesn't happen. I was thinking the same thing with the a/c clutch. I'm going to try and get it in to the dealer soon. I'll report back with their findings.

Frazier

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 tacoma OR
Of course every time I try to take a video, it doesn't happen. I was thinking the same thing with the a/c clutch. I'm going to try and get it in to the dealer soon. I'll report back with their findings.
Yeah keep us posted.

I got a little belt chirp today when turning on the A/C but not haven't had it happen like in the video while the idle is dropping.
Do you guys get a pretty loud clattering/rattling noise while the A/C compressor is engaged? When the A/C turns on mine starts rattling around until disengages the clutch and then comes back when it reengages. Might be just paranoid idk.

PaulT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Taco Sport 4WD
Yeah keep us posted.

I got a little belt chirp today when turning on the A/C but not haven't had it happen like in the video while the idle is dropping.
Do you guys get a pretty loud clattering/rattling noise while the A/C compressor is engaged? When the A/C turns on mine starts rattling around until disengages the clutch and then comes back when it reengages. Might be just paranoid idk.
I got the chirp again today with cold start. I will get an occasional rattle.