Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

so i have a base bronco (non sas) that is built and coming to the dealership hopefully any day now.

to prepare a few months back i bought some sas 35 inch GY tire take offs with 100 miles on them that i heard i can put on my base after removing crash bars.

i think i'm starting to have a change of heart and want to value gas mileage over how big my tire is lol

i have already purchased 17 inch icon wheels to pair with tires and i do not want to part ways with those if i can help it

my question is.. is there the best of both world tire that's got an aggressive pattern that will still give me a good stance but also will help my fuel economy out? or are the GY Sas tires so light it might be worth just rolling with those?

thanks!!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

BroncoHog7

Base
First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@83XLT oh yeah i have those purchased too. icon rebound 17s
that's important info
thanks for making that point

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put 285/70/17 KO2s on my Big Bend. They look and perform great and you can keep your crash bars. May want to check FB Marketplace for some takeoffs. Falken Wildpeaks are on also on FB marketplace at that size too since thy are putting them on Jeeps now.

OP
OP

BroncoHog7

Base
First Name
Price
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@83XLT

have you seen a huge difference in mpg?
also how's she drive with those?

Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These Nitto Terra Grapplers are light and are great for on road driving. I wouldn’t go any taller than 33s if you expect decent mpg. I get 16-16.5 with mine on the highway (65-70 mph 30 miles daily). Base non sas with 2 inch lift and 33s

45B74AA8-DBEE-4259-807B-2C5263AC12F0.jpeg

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey all,

so i have a base bronco (non sas) that is built and coming to the dealership hopefully any day now.

to prepare a few months back i bought some sas 35 inch GY tire take offs with 100 miles on them that i heard i can put on my base after removing crash bars.

i think i'm starting to have a change of heart and want to value gas mileage over how big my tire is lol

i have already purchased 17 inch icon wheels to pair with tires and i do not want to part ways with those if i can help it

my question is.. is there the best of both world tire that's got an aggressive pattern that will still give me a good stance but also will help my fuel economy out? or are the GY Sas tires so light it might be worth just rolling with those?

thanks!!
Find some Black Diamond takeoffs for about $600 and call it good. I have had no issues with my General Grabber AT/X so far.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd vote for the BD take offs or equal. Or, Falken Wildpeak or Rubitrek in 265/75x16 (with base steelies) or 265/70x17 with your after markets. In a Load Range C your mileage shouldn't be much different. With my Load range E's (a heavy tire) I went from 23.5 to 21.5 mpg by the meter.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I vote stick with the Goodyears. They are light for "35's". You only live once, enjoy things the you want. The Bronco fuel mileage is shit no matter what setup you run. If you're going to lose sleep over 1-2 MPG's, the Bronco was never the right vehicle for you.

Sponsored

DerekT

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Door Bronco, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Running with the 2door Black Diamond Trim and 2.3L engine. Comes with 265/70/17 General Grabbers Atx. I currently have over 10k miles on them and have averaged about 20.8 MPG highway/freeway/and few trails off road. Road noise is something I don't hear, mostly just wind noise from the top. First off road vehicle so I can't compare how they are to other tires.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all,

thanks!!
I also have a non-sas base Bronco. I put 17" Method 305s and paired those with Nitto Ridge Grapplers at 285/70/R17 which is at 32.7 inches according to the tiresize website. I do have a leveling kit as well. I did lose about 1-2 mpg on mine. I live in a very hilly area in southern California so that definitely doesn't help. I think before I was getting 19ish mpg combined but now it's more like 17-18 ish mpg. I also updated the tire size and speedo using forscan after so it's more accurate. If you live in a flat area you will definitely get a better mpg than me. Here's a picture of it in Death Valley this past November.

Bronco Death Valley.jpeg

FoxFour281

Black Diamond
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 02 Expedition EB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I helped my mom choose Falken Wildpeak 33's on her Big Bend non-sas. She seems to be happen with the on-road performance. She's not taken it off road yet so tbd on that, lol.

As for me, my General Grabbers have been good except for the nasty clay mud we have out in the foothills.

TommyOFFROAD

Heritage
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tomsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 2009 Wrangler, 2023 Bronco on pre-order
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
"my question is.. is there the best of both world tire that's got an aggressive pattern that will still give me a good stance but also will help my fuel economy out? or are the GY Sas tires so light it might be worth just rolling with those?"

Hey Price, I have really enjoyed having K02's on my vehicles they are a nice aggressive tire and come in a very large variety of sizes. They also do very well in any ice or snow you may be getting into. Definitely worth a look!

83XLT

Big Bend
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 EG Big Bend 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@83XLT

have you seen a huge difference in mpg?
also how's she drive with those?

I average about 18mpg with a 2.7 4-door. I can't compare to the original tires since they were off the vehicle so fast. After these wear out, I may look into taller, skinnier tires which should help with mpg. I wish manufacturers made more tires like a 275/75/17 or 265/80/17. I'd even switch to 18" wheels to get that sort of dimensions
Sponsored