Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't have experience with the OEM top, but have the twill Bestop on my 2dr and I love it! It’s super well made and I like the functionality of it. I know some people don’t like that it doesn’t fold all the way back and sits on the rear roll bar, but I actually prefer it. It’s 100% out of view in the rear view and it doesn’t feel any less open than no top. YMMV on that part though.

it’s also a fair amount cheaper to purchase directly from Bestop than from Ford.

6FA70464-C432-49B9-BB3E-B830ED9452E1.jpeg

E0926D2F-7178-4C90-8AFF-BE77B7821FD8.jpeg
Couldn’t agree more. Having it not block the rear view is a big plus and it feels 100% naked when flipped back. Im also running in safari mode as much as possible

046D16DB-FB37-409B-9E6A-5FE121E740BD.jpeg
Sponsored

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For the Bestop, I love the look in safari mode with the sides and back removed, and it keeps the sun off my bald melon. Wear a hat, full open and it's also great, as it lays on top out of the way of the rear view, unlike the stock top for moar doors. I can also swing the top back, and have side and rear tinted windows in place. I can also remove a handful of fasteners, and rock no top. To me, it's very versatile.
Do you have a 2 door or 4 door?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Steve62

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

Stangnut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks @mikey_photo & @Copperhorse73 for the safari pics. That's how I ran my Jeep TJ almost all the time. Even in the "winter". Just rolled the front windows up and turned the heater on. And even when it rained I stayed dry.

I'd love to see pics of the top down on a 2 door.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks @mikey_photo & @Copperhorse73 for the safari pics. That's how I ran my Jeep TJ almost all the time. Even in the "winter". Just rolled the front windows up and turned the heater on. And even when it rained I stayed dry.

I'd love to see pics of the top down on a 2 door.
This is considered down on the 2 door, I like it because you don’t lose any rear vision

B7EC8600-7E23-4C2E-A21F-BA5B29ABE7E7.jpeg

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd personally avoid it and try finding a OEM soft top through the forums... you'll be happier I believe
I've heard nothing bad about Bestop, and nothing good about the OEM top. The Bestop looks much cleaner without the loose window creating waves in the plastic. What have you seen on the Bestop that is so bad? I have a 2 door and am also looking at a Bestop.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is considered down on the 2 door, I like it because you don’t lose any rear vision

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket soft top? B7EC8600-7E23-4C2E-A21F-BA5B29ABE7E7
Is there any way to secure it so it's a little tightened down so to speak? The side arm looks like it's pretty high in the air and it almost looks like there are alot of folds that would pick up wind and make noise - is that accurate or am I dead wrong? Still hoping that someone comes out with a simple two door option that goes all the way down. In off white!

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there any way to secure it so it's a little tightened down so to speak? The side arm looks like it's pretty high in the air and it almost looks like there are alot of folds that would pick up wind and make noise - is that accurate or am I dead wrong? Still hoping that someone comes out with a simple two door option that goes all the way down. In off white!
It comes with Velcro straps. Ive not had any issues with it getting wind in the folds, but there is an art to folding it properly. After I put it back I always get up on the rear bumper and adjust the folds so it doesn’t sag/droop

Sponsored

long_road

Big Bend
First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
202? 4dr CG Big Bend 2.3 7MT (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if this is useful info, but I have a Bestop Trektop on my Jeep and it's fantastic. It's about 10 years old and still looks brand new. I just keep it clean and spray it down with 303 every few months.

If I were to stick with a 2-door, my plan was to immediately replace the hard top with a Bestop.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've heard nothing bad about Bestop, and nothing good about the OEM top. The Bestop looks much cleaner without the loose window creating waves in the plastic. What have you seen on the Bestop that is so bad? I have a 2 door and am also looking at a Bestop.
I've seen two installs on the Bestop, both times it looked very fragile taking apart and the install was a headache for our tech. Granted, the clips for the rear window on the factory roof are fragile as well.

The biggest complaint from both customers was the functionality of folding it all the way back vs the Bestop stops at the top of the c-pillar - which creates more wind noise. Do I think factory is better? Maybe not, and sorry if I said that in a separate post or here in this section - but it definitely is not worth paying ~$2k for similar functionality or loss of functionality in the opinion of some.

Being a 2-door, it may be beneficial for you, seeing you can't find a soft-top anywhere else

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had high hopes for MyTop electric that goes up and down in less than 10 seconds with the push of a button. But the one on their web site looks fugley. Side windows are too small. So I am still looking, but I have time. No vin no nothing! October 2020 reservation, March 2021 order, October 2021 had to re-order. Are we having fun yet?
That was the first round prototype. Latest version (they are still working on it) has larger windows at the rear (I believe 50% larger).

Max Lider post some videos of it from SuperCel East on their Instagram.

I had it on my rig about a week testing sound and water with it and can say it is way better made than OEM. Double layer top (much quieter) and no door waterfall!

Stangnut

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Ford Bronco Best aftermarket soft top? B7EC8600-7E23-4C2E-A21F-BA5B29ABE7E7
Wow. I see what everyone's complaining about. Thanks for the pic.