Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Black Diamond is best combination of comfort and capability. Based on estimates from other threads my 4-Door, Cactus Grey, 2.3 Turbo, Soft Top, 7-Spd MT, Vinyl, Aux Switches, Steel Bumpers, Rear Locker, Rock Rails, Bash Plates, Mid Package & AOD 4X4 will list at $42540. This is very reasonable compared to the JLU Wranglers. Can't wait to wail on it!
My setup will be very similar. But I'll be upgrading from the steelies and putting 33's on it. I also want a hard top and I'm hoping white will be an option. One question....where did you see the cost estimate for AOD 4x4? I haven't seen that listed anywhere.
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t think there is truly a best bang for the buck. Many have shown that similarly optioned models end up within a thousand of each other. Get what you need/want and try To avoid models that include stuff you don’t care abt. That’s the best bang for your buck

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
41K + tax & tags
X-Plan

2Dr Base
2.7L
Auto
Sasquatch
Tow Package
HD bumper
Brush Guard
M210
Aux Switches
Roof Rack

Was looking at BB for Cactus Grey but can't justify the BB value at the build I want. I would jump to OB Sasquatch ( drop a few options ) for 46.5K + tax & tags before I did BB with Mid Package.

KingDoggy23

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My setup will be very similar. But I'll be upgrading from the steelies and putting 33's on it. I also want a hard top and I'm hoping white will be an option. One question....where did you see the cost estimate for AOD 4x4? I haven't seen that listed anywhere.
I'll dig it out and post the link. It's all guesswork, but the numbers looked fairly accurate.

KingDoggy23

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

41K + tax & tags
X-Plan

2Dr Base
2.7L
Auto
Sasquatch
Tow Package
HD bumper
Brush Guard
M210
Aux Switches
Roof Rack

Was looking at BB for Cactus Grey but can't justify the BB value at the build I want. I would jump to OB Sasquatch ( drop a few options ) for 46.5K + tax & tags before I did BB with Mid Package.
This is basically my build! Still 3.5 months to flip-flop between that and Mid or Lux Cyber Orange Wildtrak! Go big or go BaseSquatch I guess! Anything in between doesn’t seem to be worth the cost difference to me.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is basically my build! Still 3.5 months to flip-flop between that and Mid or Lux Cyber Orange Wildtrak! Go big or go BaseSquatch I guess! Anything in between doesn’t seem to be worth the cost difference to me.
At this point its about the interior. On one side I like the High Level Instrument dash on the OB but I am concerned about failure and damage ( $$$ ) from running open top /doors over the long haul. Hopefully the base interior is not too ordinary.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I went OB because it has LED lighting, auto trans (for the wife) and mid package (heated seats, climate control, blind spot, lane keeping) all built in which are must haves for us in a vehicle this expensive. I doubt you can add those features to a BD for the same price. I like the black painted grill too but those side steps have got to go. Maybe would make more sense to go BB and add Mid package and Auto but I want the 12" screen (and hate the gray grill).
I'm considering OBX too. Others have mentioned about the LED lighting. What does this do exactly? Is is just for better looks or is there better functionality/driving experience?

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I originally voted BD but I'm leaning outer banks for everyday use. (that's also what I reserved)
I reserved OBX too, but it comes with cloth seats? So, I might move to Black Diamond because I really don't want to worry about rain on the seats/interior. I also will be using the Bronco mostly for everyday use. Do you think the Black Diamond will not be a good DD? I'm still trying to figure that out...what specifically helps the OBX be a better DD?

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved OBX too, but it comes with cloth seats? So, I might move to Black Diamond because I really don't want to worry about rain on the seats/interior. I also will be using the Bronco mostly for everyday use. Do you think the Black Diamond will not be a good DD? I'm still trying to figure that out...what specifically helps the OBX be a better DD?
I'm wanting at least the high package and would love the vinyl option for the OBX. but the main reason I'm going OBX over BD is tech.

Sponsored

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm wanting at least the high package and would love the vinyl option for the OBX. but the main reason I'm going OBX over BD is tech.
Me too. What tech specifically is important to you that the OBX offers?

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Me too. What tech specifically is important to you that the OBX offers?
really like the big screen as well as the upgraded lights. I also want the sound system but lux is probably gonna be outrageous.

bronchalen84

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

really like the big screen as well as the upgraded lights. I also want the sound system but lux is probably gonna be outrageous.
I like the upgraded lights too. Not sure how important the 12 inch screen is to me. the only problem w/ the OBX is I think I'll have to get leather which depending on price may push my budget too high because my 'must haves' are hard top, towing. waiting for b&p!

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands has the lux as an option. OBX doesn’t appear to offer more if vinyl a prerequisite

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

41K + tax & tags
X-Plan

2Dr Base
2.7L
Auto
Sasquatch
Tow Package
HD bumper
Brush Guard
M210
Aux Switches
Roof Rack

I thought I saw that you can't get the tow package on the base. Its probably cheaper to get one aftermarket though given it's only some wiring and a poorly thought-out hitch.
Sponsored