BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Since only I wash my bronco by hand I was looking for a faster and better way to dry it. I looked at one of the car blow dryer things on amazon and Im sure they are quiet n all but $300+ no thanks. I told my wife about it and she said "just use the gas power yard blower". I then began reciting our wedding vows all over again...god I love her lol.

Skip ahead to the end of wash. I pull bronco in garage and said F it...Im doing it. Well I am here to tell you guys I have found the jewel of the nile here in the desert. Also pissed I didn't do sooner. I have never enjoyed using my blower quite so much. It worked perfectly everywhere minus the hood (just the angle or lack thereof with lift on 37s). So I suggest wiping hood and top of your top by hand before and after blowing. I would do a quick spray wax whole car after blowing too.

I didnt take pics of my blower lol but its an old echo handheld, not backpack style. I used it to even blast out my shocks on my 3 inch lift. So good.

I dont know what else to say other than it worked great and saved me at least 30 minutes dry time. Try it. You will love. Plus if soft top, its great to blow out all the trapped water over the side windows!!
Advertisement

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Bronco
Badlands
2.7L+Long straight road…

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
2.7L+Long straight road…
Haha. Yes. Well here in the desert its so dry and hot with zero shade unless sun down or in my garage, you will have hard water spots form in about 2 minutes...long before you can reach highway speeds.

Ps-love my 2.3 Inline sleeper MT :) Be careful pushing the 2.7...couple folks have dropped a valve in theirs, thus, full engine replacement. Wife saw vid of one on "bronco babes" fb page yesterday. Stay strong mighty 2.3!!! Lol

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Bronco
Badlands
Haha. Yes. Well here in the desert its so dry and hot with zero shade unless sun down or in my garage, you will have hard water spots form in about 2 minutes...long before you can reach highway speeds.

Ps-love my 2.3 Inline sleeper MT :) Be careful pushing the 2.7...couple folks have dropped a valve in theirs, thus, full engine replacement. Wife saw vid of one on "bronco babes" fb page yesterday. Stay strong mighty 2.3!!! Lol
Ah, here on the PMW, we don’t have HARD water spots , just Grunge and rain! lol 👍

OP
OP
BossBronco

BossBronco

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco MT
Bronco
Badlands
Ah, here on the PMW, we don’t have HARD water spots , just Grunge and rain! lol 👍
You must be NW, bc im on left coast too in Cali where, especially in desert, it never rains!! If we get a drop we celebrate haha

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta st
Bronco
Black Diamond

Well if the engine is going to grenade, better do it early under warranty!

Go_Galt

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Leaf blower drying is a known technique that I wouldn't be able to live without.

Not only is it fast, but it's the 'safest' drying technique when it comes to being fastidious about keeping your clear coat nice.

My current daily has now been through three years of weekly hand washes and air-dries, and the clear coat still looks awesome.

Hand washing with good 2-bucket technique + air drying + good clean microfibers for final spot check of water = the way.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 1987 and 1996 Broncos, 2021 Tacoma TDR OR
Bronco
Badlands
The Milwaukee M18 electric leaf blower was perfect for drying my ceramic coated 2020 Raptor.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Bronco
Base
I have a long wand and a rubber tiped nozzle and i use the compressor,first spray with wax as u dry to prevent waterspots 👍

BBoyM3

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Bronco
Badlands
I don't know if anyone else has tried this product, but it's awesome. I do like the orignial poster said and use the leaf blower to get 99% of the water off. The water just runs on the truck. I finish it by going over everything with a barely damp microfiber cloth or Bead Maker. It really helps prevent water spots (hard water in San Antonio). Saves me a lot of time and gives excellent results. I'm sure there are other products out there like it, but I know this one works well. One interesting note is that the areas of the driveway that get the product on it, the water beads and runs of the driveway as well. I'm considering using it on the house windows.

1634302786659.png

Advertisement

Holley (Ford Fest banner)
Advertisement