Sponsored

Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver?

Stingray23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I can daily drive my Raptor, I can daily drive this Bronco.
Sponsored

KJM76

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I intend to use the Bronco for my daily driver. Yes, I don't care that it is complete overkill for the pavement. It is my money and I will buy a fully featured offroad vehicle to run over parking blocks in the mall parking lot if I want to. I don't have a long commute so not a ton of highway miles, just bouncing around town mostly. I will probably get it dirty at some point. With that said, what would be the best package to get? I currently have a BL reserved but I'm thinking about the WT now. I definitely want the 2.7L and probably the squatch, so maybe the WT is the way to go. Which model is everyone else getting for daily driver use and why?

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I intend to use the Bronco for my daily driver. Yes, I don't care that it is complete overkill for the pavement. It is my money and I will buy a fully featured offroad vehicle to run over parking blocks in the mall parking lot if I want to. I don't have a long commute so not a ton of highway miles, just bouncing around town mostly. I will probably get it dirty at some point. With that said, what would be the best package to get? I currently have a BL reserved but I'm thinking about the WT now. I definitely want the 2.7L and probably the squatch, so maybe the WT is the way to go. Which model is everyone else getting for daily driver use and why?
What ever you do get some tube steps or rock rails to protect your doors from parking lot door dings. You can get rock rails standard on BD and BL and tube steps are standard with the Outer Banks.

KJM76

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will most likely get steps or rails. I was more thinking - is there a driving mode that would be better for daily use like sport mode? I was reading somewhere about it being offered at one trim but not another and I was having trouble finding this literature on the Ford site.

And thanks to the admin that moved my question here. I did use the search feature but got lazy after the first page of results.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't listen to anybody (other than me).

Buy what you want and can afford.

If I buy one, it'll be BL, WT, or FE. I don't need any of them.
You gotta Exclude FE now?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Curious why the Bd recommendation for a daily driver.. isn’t it specifically geared toward more off-roading capability?
When Ford says Big Bend is Mainstream Off-Roading Trim. May be people do not know the difference between Mainstream and Adventure Off-Roading.
Ford Bronco Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver? 1598635138978
Ford Bronco Best Bronco Model / Trim For Daily Driver? 1598635206192

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah I may have misunderstood the question, but my idea of daily driver specific doesn’t include Rock rails, steel bumpers, rubber floors, etc. I would opt for a less aggressive Model and more creature comfort optional packages

Sponsored

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Guess this question has different answers for everyone. I personally am STRONGLY leaning toward Big Bend with mid, sasquatch and 2.7. This gives me absolutely everything that i want/need in a vehicle. Also the capability to go virtually anywhere that I would ever want to go. Upside is that it fits right into my budget that i set when looking for a new vehicle.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

O'Carroll

Black Diamond
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camry SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guess this question has different answers for everyone. I personally am STRONGLY leaning toward Big Bend with mid, sasquatch and 2.7. This gives me absolutely everything that i want/need in a vehicle. Also the capability to go virtually anywhere that I would ever want to go. Upside is that it fits right into my budget that i set when looking for a new vehicle.
Running numbers based on the Survey Questions of earlier this week, and leaving the Mid out since you can’t get that on a Base, for a 2 door, with 2.7L, and Sasquatch, it would be a $4,885 upcharge from the base. For that $4,885 you get LED Fog Lamps, Rear Privacy Glass, another G.O.A.T mode (6), and Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel. That’s a big charge for not a lot of options IMO.

Going to the Black Diamond in the same spec would be a $7,050 upcharge from the Base ($2,165 more than the Big Bend); however, for that ~$2k you get the Modular Front Bumper ($800 according to the survey), Upgraded Bash Plates, Rock Rails, Rubber Floor with drains, an extra G.O.A.T. Mode (7), MOLLES Panel, and Marine Grady Vinyl. Only thing you lose is the LED fogs.

The wheels and tires are a wash since you’re going Sasquatch, and the Mid Package is $100 less on the Black Diamond as well. For me, I see value in going to the Black Diamond, but not the Big Bend.

Now, budgets are budgets, so that’s absolutely a factor, plus there could be deal-breakers involved for you as well (not wanting vinyl, or desperately wanting fog lamps); plus the white elephant is that any of these prices could change from the survey, but I’ve spent three days looking over my monstrous spreadsheet and the more and more I look at it, the more I want to stay with the Base. I do like some things in the Mid though, and if I were to jump, it would be right over the Big Bend and into the Black Diamond.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Running numbers based on the Survey Questions of earlier this week, and leaving the Mid out since you can’t get that on a Base, for a 2 door, with 2.7L, and Sasquatch, it would be a $4,885 upcharge from the base. For that $4,885 you get LED Fog Lamps, Rear Privacy Glass, another G.O.A.T mode (6), and Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel. That’s a big charge for not a lot of options IMO.

Going to the Black Diamond in the same spec would be a $7,050 upcharge from the Base ($2,165 more than the Big Bend); however, for that ~$2k you get the Modular Front Bumper ($800 according to the survey), Upgraded Bash Plates, Rock Rails, Rubber Floor with drains, an extra G.O.A.T. Mode (7), MOLLES Panel, and Marine Grady Vinyl. Only thing you lose is the LED fogs.

The wheels and tires are a wash since you’re going Sasquatch, and the Mid Package is $100 less on the Black Diamond as well. For me, I see value in going to the Black Diamond, but not the Big Bend.

Now, budgets are budgets, so that’s absolutely a factor, plus there could be deal-breakers involved for you as well (not wanting vinyl, or desperately wanting fog lamps); plus the white elephant is that any of these prices could change from the survey, but I’ve spent three days looking over my monstrous spreadsheet and the more and more I look at it, the more I want to stay with the Base. I do like some things in the Mid though, and if I were to jump, it would be right over the Big Bend and into the Black Diamond.
The only thing preventing me from BD is the seats. I am torn on whether or not I want the vinyl seats. For the rare occasion that the cloth seats will get dirty, I am thinking that they will be a lot more stable temperature wise with summer heat and winter freezing here in Michigan. I also have a very good carpet cleaner and a steamer if they get too dirty.
Sponsored