Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those are ALMOST as cool as guys from AZ named Mike! Is it 100% confirmed that doors will be Aluminum?
Yes.
The fenders too.

I'm considering a clear vinyl wrap.
Or just a total repaint in Grabber Lime or Calypso Coral.
Sponsored

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

White hides scratches and scrapes as well as dirt very well.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why would you want to mask your stripes? Scratches give character, so does mud or sand everywhere.

Embrace your imperfections as they illustrate your strength.

Thats about all the philosophications I got for ya.

You're welcome! ?

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sooo.... what exactly is desert pinstriping? Is that when you get microscopic scratches from sand brushing against the vehicle??. In all seriousness I say go white. It will show less scratches

Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Always has been white or silver, but white takes on the color of desert sand if it gets worked in.

OP
OP
AZMikeL

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo.... what exactly is desert pinstriping? Is that when you get microscopic scratches from sand brushing against the vehicle??. In all seriousness I say go white. It will show less scratches
Desert pinstriping is what you get when you head down a narrow trail with lots of desert shrubbery. Pretty much every plant you brush up against here will scratch the paint. Not a huge deal, but really shows on darker paint. Colors of rigs I've pinstriped over the years:

White - hides pretty well
Grey primer (73 Bronco) - hides really well
Red - shows
Yellow (67 Bronco) - So/So
Gun metal grey - Shows everything like in the pic (grabbed off the internet - not my truck) This is my current truck which is an F-350, so wideness play a big factor here.

With all these new colors for the Bronco, just trying to see what options might be best. Guess I should just choose the color I like and show 'em proud! Afterall, a truck without dings and scratches isn't really a truck, is it?

Pinstripes.jpg

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Desert pinstriping is what you get when you head down a narrow trail with lots of desert shrubbery. Pretty much every plant you brush up against here will scratch the paint. Not a huge deal, but really shows on darker paint. Colors of rigs I've pinstriped over the years:

Red - shows
Gun metal grey - Shows everything like in the pic (grabbed off the internet - not my truck) This is my current truck which is an F-350, so wideness play a big factor here.

With all these new colors for the Bronco, just trying to see what options might be best. Guess I should just choose the color I like and show 'em proud! Afterall, a truck without dings and scratches isn't really a truck, is it?

Ford Bronco Best color for hiding "desert pinstriping" Pinstripes
That sure is some purty pinstripes. Lol Makes sense now. I’ve never been to the desert (want to go hopefully next year) so just figured it was wide open areas but forgot about those little bastard bushes that are out there. My Red truck shows them pretty well. This time I’m thinking grey or Cactus grey for my Bronco as I love blue and red but those will definitely show up major.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes.
The fenders too.

I'm considering a clear vinyl wrap.
Or just a total repaint in Grabber Lime or Calypso Coral.
wait what? the fenders are Aluminum?? I thought they were molded plastic

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Red - shows

Ford Bronco Best color for hiding "desert pinstriping" Pinstripes

SILVER hides the best

Sponsored

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
With B&P going live tonight, I'm at the point of HAVING to pick my color soon. I like the Cyber Orange and Cactus Grey (of course I would - look at my avatar!) but I'm thinking CG would hide the desert pinstriping much better. Let's face it, there WILL be scratches on this rig, so I might as well get a color that hides them a little better.

Thoughts?
I had a 68 fj40 I restored and painted it khaki tan lacquer. Each winter I'd get busy and refresh the bad spots. Always looked good. I'll post photos if I can figure out how.
Oh yeah...put a 68 350, Th400. Rear air locker. Used it many years elk hunting in wyoming.
Paul in AZ
Sponsored