Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco will be my daily driver. Things are all different with COVID-19, but before all that I had to commute 2-3 days per week. My commute was typically 30 miles on the highway with an 80 MPH speed limit. Right now I drive an F-150 SCREW which does great, and I've driven my sons Jeep Wrangler 4 door which is much less enjoyable. What is the best setup for friendly highway travel? I'm thinking 4 door for the longer wheelbase, 2.7L engine, auto transmission, with stock tires and no Sasquatch? I love the look of the Sasquatch but I definitely don't need it for any offroading I do (unpaved ranch roads, beach, light snow). I like the idea of the manual transmission. Sasquatch or manual/4cyl/35" tires looks great and is fun for around town, but probably not great for the highway commutes.
Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are some options that can reduce the loudness of road noise.
Carpeted, Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner, High Package includes Additional Sound Deadening

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco will be my daily driver. Things are all different with COVID-19, but before all that I had to commute 2-3 days per week. My commute was typically 30 miles on the highway with an 80 MPH speed limit. Right now I drive an F-150 SCREW which does great, and I've driven my sons Jeep Wrangler 4 door which is much less enjoyable. What is the best setup for friendly highway travel? I'm thinking 4 door for the longer wheelbase, 2.7L engine, auto transmission, with stock tires and no Sasquatch? I love the look of the Sasquatch but I definitely don't need it for any offroading I do (unpaved ranch roads, beach, light snow). I like the idea of the manual transmission. Sasquatch or manual/4cyl/35" tires looks great and is fun for around town, but probably not great for the highway commutes.
Outer Banks seems to be the most road focused. In offers a lot of comfort features and few for off roading. That's what I reserved for those reasons.

GreenMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is easy, the best configuration for highway driving will be a 4 door Outer Banks optioned with the 2.7 engine, 10 speed auto (no manual option on 2.7), and the Luxury package (sound deadening on high package which is included, Lux package gives you adaptive cruise control and better sound system for your cruising around). No Sasquatch with mud terrain tires.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would Sasquatch + Lux’s sound deadening be any effect in highway driving noise? Not a huge deal for me, just curious

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m not concerned about outer banks and those fancier packages. From what I have seen for Jeeps the after market hardtop liners and sound deadening is better than the factory options, and I assume it will be the same for the Bronco.

The main things that make the Jeep less comfortable are the solid front axle and the seating position. The Bronco IFS should help a lot, and the pictures of the seating look better that the Jeep.

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Trailblazer / 88.5 Samurai
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are they going to have a marine grade light gray cloth available in the lower grades? I hate vinyl! I would hope they give the option even at an up charge. Don't really want or need all the frills of the Wild track.
Sponsored