Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So its 2022 and the market is full of a dizzying array of dash cams .... I'm looking for suggestions on a reliable dash cam that fits the Bronco nicely

Ford Bronco Best dual dash cam for the Bronco? 1645225339786

Need the following:

1. 4K recording not just the camera's ability
2. Front and rear cameras
3. The rear camera needs to be water proof to get mounted outside (i have a soft top)
4. would prefer a Super Capacitor as opposed to a battery (more reliable in the Arizona heat)

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, either on a new or newer setup or an older version that you are happy with.
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nah i dont want to mount it to the roll bar .... its easily mountable behind the spare tire ... besides what do you do every time you put the top down?
I'm confused you do nothing if the camera flash mount with that piece of plastic. All you have to do is clean off the lens I don't believe the soft top sits up that high when you have it down all the way.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm confused you do nothing if the camera flash mount with that piece of plastic. All you have to do is clean off the lens I don't believe the soft top sits up that high when you have it down all the way.
when the soft top is down it sits pretty high .... so much so that the rear view mirror is useless

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't know about waterproof, but I just spent a couple days researching cameras for one of my other cars.

Just ordered the Viofo A129 Pro Dou. Decided on the Pro vs the cheaper Plus because of the buffered parking mainly.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't know about waterproof, but I just spent a couple days researching cameras for one of my other cars.

Just ordered the Viofo A129 Pro Dou. Decided on the Pro vs the cheaper Plus because of the buffered parking mainly.
that one has had super good reviews .... they have a 3 channel one too

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

that one has had super good reviews .... they have a 3 channel one too
Yeah... Its a Korean made one I think. In my initial research, seemed like BlackVue was the top ones, definitely the one for the cool kids... But I ended up with this one. It's supposed to arrive today.

Got the A129 PRO duo, 128GB card, Hard Wire Kit (for parking mode) and fuse box piggy back connections + tax = $306

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blackvue dr900 2ch+

That's what I have been using. Soft top with the rear camera mounted in the roll bar. It is supposed to warm up today so if I get the chance I will put down the top and post a screen grab of the view.

The waterproof requirement is going to limit your options. Sure, they make plenty of waterproof backup camera but not many dash cams

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah... Its a Korean made one I think. In my initial research, seemed like BlackVue was the top ones, definitely the one for the cool kids... But I ended up with this one. It's supposed to arrive today.

Got the A129 PRO duo, 128GB card, Hard Wire Kit (for parking mode) and fuse box piggy back connections + tax = $306
Blackvue WAS the best but not anymore .... if you have a hard top look into this one .... it got rave reviews especially for the inside camera adjustability

https://www.amazon.com/VIOFO-Channe...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Blackvue dr900 2ch+

That's what I have been using. Soft top with the rear camera mounted in the roll bar. It is supposed to warm up today so if I get the chance I will put down the top and post a screen grab of the view.

The waterproof requirement is going to limit your options. Sure, they make plenty of waterproof backup camera but not many dash cams
i would be super interested if you can post a picture of the rear camera VIEW POINT from the roll bar!

Also would super helpful if you can highlight the wiring route

Last edited:

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Haven't tried any 4K cameras, just bought an F200 Pro for when we do finally get our Bronco.

For the sake of aesthetics, I recommend sticking a piece of Oracle 651 matte vinyl to the inside of the windshield. Helps cover the adhesive and looks a little more OEM.

Not the best example as i used two pieces, but both the dashcam and lanekeeping bits in this picture are vinyl. A little dust got under the dashcam piece.

IMAG1981.jpg

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I'm sure there's other posts with more general discussion of this but as usual my forum search skills have not yielded much...

*Where* in the vehicle did you tie in the hard wire kit accessory wire? Any risks to forscan/ecu/etc doing this?
Sponsored