Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My brother was telling me about foaming car wash rigs you attach to your hose. I’m not familiar. Any recs for the best products? I want something that works with a garden hose; I don’t use pressure washers on cars.

Sounds like a cool solution. Thinking I can foam and rinse the whole rig, then hand wash/detail everything but the soft top and soft windows.

I usually don’t hand-wash cars as often as I did in my youth. I usually maintain a moderate level of clean by going through a touchless pressure wash fairly often and quickly wiping details it didn’t get, then hand-washing completely only every now and then. But I can’t take a soft-top through the car wash.

Also, my lifelong hand washing methods I am realizing are suboptimal. I’ve always squirted Dawn dish soap into a bucket of water and washed with a rag.
Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I dont know about best...when i researched them a while ago all seemed to have 5 star and 1 star reviews...I went with the Chemical Guys model on Amazon and have used their soap and Adams and both work very well...I like it much better than a wash bucket.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The better foam cannons are for use on a pressure washer, not just the regular hose end. Any PH balanced shampoo will do. I use meguiars personally.

And yes please never use dish soap again. LOL

It still doesn't take the place of washing down with a quality wash mitt tho. foaming just loosens the chunks and neutralizes before you start scrubbing.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I use Bilt Hamber auto foam.

Sponsored

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a pressure washer foamer and I use a cheap harbor freight pressure washer. Suprisingly, it has held up for about 3 years.

You will get better (thicker - sudsier) foam with a pressure washer foamer, but for basic use a hose foamer will probably be adequate.

If it is just dusty, then the method of foam and rinse will work. If you have actual dirt you will need some rubbing/washing to remove and clean. The foam cannon will help lubricate the surface and prevent swirls.

The key to preventing swirls is to always use microfiber towels (for washing and drying - especially drying) and I encourage you to look into the 2 bucket method for washing the car. It helps prevent dirt/contamination from scratching your car.

I get all my car care products from Auto Geek (Not affilitated with them). Here is a link to the foam that I use. I like the smell, and am happy with the results. I am sure others work well too.

https://www.autogeek.net/mtm-extreme-cleaner-perfoamance.html

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I plan to spend a relaxing Saturday morning at AutoZone plotting out my new approach. Thanks for the input.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use Chemical Guys with my pressure washer and my good car is ceramic coated all I need and works well.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brother was telling me about foaming car wash rigs you attach to your hose. I’m not familiar. Any recs for the best products? I want something that works with a garden hose; I don’t use pressure washers on cars.

Sounds like a cool solution. Thinking I can foam and rinse the whole rig, then hand wash/detail everything but the soft top and soft windows.

I usually don’t hand-wash cars as often as I did in my youth. I usually maintain a moderate level of clean by going through a touchless pressure wash fairly often and quickly wiping details it didn’t get, then hand-washing completely only every now and then. But I can’t take a soft-top through the car wash.

Also, my lifelong hand washing methods I am realizing are suboptimal. I’ve always squirted Dawn dish soap into a bucket of water and washed with a rag.
You can get them at NAPA or Walmart. Some pressure washers have a car wash setting that is low enough to be fine as well. You can add soap into the soap reservoir and wash it that way.

Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

https://www.chemicalguys.com/torq-s...323.html?gtmListValue=Category: How To Videos

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got one that attaches to my garden hose and works well. Walmart did not have the Chemical Guys one, so I got another brand. Forget the name. Works great.

They also didn’t have the CG soap so I went with Meguiar’s. Washed wife’s brand-new Kia and the Bronco. Both came out well. Foamed first, rinsed, then hand-washed with soapy water (Meguiar’s) and micro-fiber towels.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, for the unaware:
Dawn is a highly recommended product detailers use to strip all the previous coatings off when they are about to start a fresh detail.
It's a great cleaner, but you'll have to re-wax after every wash.

Also, everyone should learn the difference between a polish and a wax/coating product.
Often, the terms are used interchangeably, that is incorrect.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pressure washer foam cannon 100%