Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at a company called Webasto, building a brand new factory in Michigan supposed to be done by end of this year supplying an unknown Component to Ford from their Roof Systems division. They specialize in modular roofs, glass tops and convertibles etc.

They have built other products for Ford from their electric battery division as well as for FCA.

They would have no problem making these tops in any color at the same price for Ford, but I'm guessing white and body match colors will be offered with the modular roof only. Looks like they will be painting those rather than molded in color on the regular hard tops.

Here is an example video of some Jeep roof components they built.

Ford Bronco Best guess..Ford will offer a white roof made by this Webasto IMG_2260
Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looking at a company called Webasto, building a brand new factory in Michigan supposed to be done by end of this year supplying an unknown Component to Ford from their Roof Systems division. They specialize in modular roofs, glass tops and convertibles etc.

They have built other products for Ford from their electric battery division as well as for FCA.

They would have no problem making these tops in any color at the same price for Ford, but I'm guessing white and body match colors will be offered with the modular roof only. Looks like they will be painting those rather than molded in color on the regular hard tops.

Here is an example video of some Jeep roof components they built.

Ford Bronco Best guess..Ford will offer a white roof made by this Webasto IMG_2260
White tops and fender flairs are factory options on the interactivegarage.com website.

Ford Bronco Best guess..Ford will offer a white roof made by this Webasto 1598829076695

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not really a secret anymore so I'll confirm, the new Webasto plant in Plymouth is making the hard top for the Bronco.
1. Is Webasto also making the "molded in grey hard top" ?
2. Are they only making the modular "painted gloss black hard top" ?
3. Most importantly, do you know if Ford is still going to have the "painted body color hard top" for all models ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not really a secret anymore so I'll confirm, the new Webasto plant in Plymouth is making the hard top for the Bronco.
In addition to supplying the factory....will you make any aftermarket tops as well?

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

White tops and fender flairs are factory options on the interactivegarage.com website.

Ford Bronco Best guess..Ford will offer a white roof made by this Webasto Untitled
It's more of a fan site and not 100% confirmed, I would LOVE if they were though

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate that they refer to it as grey as it is most certainly not. It's something between black and grey with a bit of a blueish tint, at least to my eyes.
Doesn’t Ford officially refer to it as “carbonized grey”? If so, that could explain the odd blue-ish tint. No clue why Ford chose this “unique” color for the molded top, black looks better in my opinion. Now if they offered several color options (such as white) for the MIC top, that would be fantastic.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Webasto as in the company that makes my diesel hot water/tent heater for my camper?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure why they refer to it as grey as it is most certainly not. It's something between black and grey with a bit of a blueish tint, at least to my eyes.
It would be FABULOUS if you guys could sell a swatch....seriously. Can you give me a name to call? I'm sure you'd want to get Ford's OK - but I can't see them objecting.
Sponsored