Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

min wondering what everyone’s opinions are regarding which Bimini mesh top isbest for the 4dr Bronco?

I have a soft top as well so want to make sure I get one that can exist under soft top closed
Sponsored

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to figure out which one too. If all that matters is the tightest fit, then the JTop looks like the way to go, but I'm not all that thrilled about having to stick a bunch of Velcro on the paint along the sides of the roll-bar. I don't think it will look good when the shade is off, it may be a pain to remove later and seems like the shade removal is not all that easy.

The Gearshade looks pretty cool. It definitly doesn't seem as tight fitting as the JTop, but it seems better than the BestTop available from Ford. The Gearshade looks like the easiest to take remove and put back on. They also have a solution for keeping it on all the time with both the hard and soft tops, but that requires a couple of drill holes & screws into front handles for the hard top, which I don't know if I am up for doing although it doesn't look that intrusive, just not sure I want to risk my warranty on the top just yet. Hopefully we get more info from people that have some personal experience with these things.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with the gear shade since you don't need to do anything to close the top and it works with the exposed racks that I got so I can still easily transport my Kayak to the lake down the road. I think the Jtops look cleaner but I wanted the function and ease of gear shade more.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to figure out which one too. If all that matters is the tightest fit, then the JTop looks like the way to go, but I'm not all that thrilled about having to stick a bunch of Velcro on the paint along the sides of the roll-bar. I don't think it will look good when the shade is off, it may be a pain to remove later and seems like the shade removal is not all that easy.

The Gearshade looks pretty cool. It definitly doesn't seem as tight fitting as the JTop, but it seems better than the BestTop available from Ford. The Gearshade looks like the easiest to take remove and put back on. They also have a solution for keeping it on all the time with both the hard and soft tops, but that requires a couple of drill holes & screws into front handles for the hard top, which I don't know if I am up for doing although it doesn't look that intrusive, just not sure I want to risk my warranty on the top just yet. Hopefully we get more info from people that have some personal experience with these things.
This is Mike, we have used the 3M hook and loop (Velcro) for years on other products. It is a commercial version designed for automotive and high heat applications. Removing our top takes 2 minutes if that.

Removing the Velcro, if you ever want to, is simple and clean. It’s acrylic and will not leave a gummy residue. A wipe with a product like Goof Off and you will never know it was there.

Thanks for your interest and if you have any questions please ask.
We are always anytime help.

Mike/OwnerJTopsUSA

28E1DA3D-2FB3-4A5E-865B-78B3DF4AFB9D.jpeg

DA81A364-98E3-49F7-B94D-52367985C3EA.jpeg

A87C8688-F4E1-46F3-867A-51C47C43F294.jpeg

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Removing our top takes 2 minutes if that.
Hi Mike, the removal is one big thing that's been holding me back, is there an install and removal video somewhere in real time? I would love to be convinced that I can relatively quickly take this on and off.

Thanks

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is Mike, we have used the 3M hook and loop (Velcro) for years on other products. It is a commercial version designed for automotive and high heat applications. Removing our top takes 2 minutes if that.

Removing the Velcro, if you ever want to, is simple and clean. It’s acrylic and will not leave a gummy residue. A wipe with a product like Goof Off and you will never know it was there.

Thanks for your interest and if you have any questions please ask.
We are always anytime help.

Mike/OwnerJTopsUSA

Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? A87C8688-F4E1-46F3-867A-51C47C43F294

Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? A87C8688-F4E1-46F3-867A-51C47C43F294

Hey Mike. I'm a current soft top with GearShade owner. I'm so-so on the GearShade and I recent acquired a hard top.
I'm patiently awaiting the JTop version that works with soft and hard tops!

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Mike, the removal is one big thing that's been holding me back, is there an install and removal video somewhere in real time? I would love to be convinced that I can relatively quickly take this on and off.

Thanks
There is an installation video but no removal video.

Our criteria was never based on installation and removal. It’s designed to stay in place.
We have 8 years of Jeep shade experience and putting on a shade and taking off a shade it not a feature often requested. I will say that our shades are easier to install and remove than any bungee.

There are so many other factors that must be considered.
We focus on functionality and complimentary design. Highway driving and full sun protection with aps that let in wind and sun are a priority.

There are various other solutions available and that’s what makes the world go around. A bungee top may be the solution for you.

Thanks for your interest.
Mike
Hey Mike. I'm a current soft top with GearShade owner. I'm so-so on the GearShade and I recent acquired a hard top.
I'm patiently awaiting the JTop version that works with soft and hard tops!
We have a prototype but are not happy about all the access ports it requires. Because our top fits edge to edge we need to provide access to all the latches.

It really is more challenging than you might think. Sure we could add another access port, that’s the simple solution. Unfortunately you would not be happy and we would not want to put our name on it. It just does not meet our performance standards. We are in it for the long term and refuse to make something that’s just OK.

We take this as a challenge and we will have something. But it won’t be until we feel it will meet the high expectations of our customers needs and our performance standards.

As soon as it calms down a bit we will have time to devote to moving the design forward. Right now we have to get 500 plus back orders out!
The timeline for availability is sometime in August.

Thanks for your interest and I hope this helps. Any questions or suggestions we are always here to listen and help.

Have a great holiday weekend 🇺🇸

Mike

Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? C7A967A8-349A-4DF9-8B2D-E5C677D9A526

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is an installation video but no removal video.

Our criteria was never based on installation and removal. It’s designed to stay in place.
We have 8 years of Jeep shade experience and putting on a shade and taking off a shade it not a feature often requested. I will say that our shades are easier to install and remove than any bungee.

There are so many other factors that must be considered.
We focus on functionality and complimentary design. Highway driving and full sun protection with aps that let in wind and sun are a priority.

There are various other solutions available and that’s what makes the world go around. A bungee top may be the solution for you.

Thanks for your interest.
Mike

We have a prototype but are not happy about all the access ports it requires. Because our top fits edge to edge we need to provide access to all the latches.

It really is more challenging than you might think. Sure we could add another access port, that’s the simple solution. Unfortunately you would not be happy and we would not want to put our name on it. It just does not meet our performance standards. We are in it for the long term and refuse to make something that’s just OK.

We take this as a challenge and we will have something. But it won’t be until we feel it will meet the high expectations of our customers needs and our performance standards.

As soon as it calms down a bit we will have time to devote to moving the design forward. Right now we have to get 500 plus back orders out!
The timeline for availability is sometime in August.

Thanks for your interest and I hope this helps. Any questions or suggestions we are always here to listen and help.

Have a great holiday weekend 🇺🇸

Mike

Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? C7A967A8-349A-4DF9-8B2D-E5C677D9A526
I get you Mike. The more ports/adds etc the more points of failure, added manufacturing costs and most likely noise.

I'm a manufacturing guy who appreciates simplicity.

Feel free to reach out if you want input.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTops! I've been very impressed with the fit, the looks, and highway running.
Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? IMG_20220701_144005
Ford Bronco Best Mesh top for 4Dr Soft Top? IMG_20220701_143917

Sponsored

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had a gearshade. Its rear straps started eating through the paint. Replaced it with a JTop. 👍🏼

Burgler2112

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco 2.3l Mid Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is Titanium! If you would like samples you can order them for free on the website.

Broncosunshades.com

Mike
I can’t decide what color to go with. I’m picking up my Shadow Black BD on Wednesday. Not sure if I want more black on it or to change up the color.

I was also hoping you were going to get a 4 door version with the Bronco logos to the market, is that still on the horizon?
Sponsored