Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I need my bronco to have clearance and tires that are best suited for handling snow. Originally I thought I would go with a non Sasquatch Badlands To get the 33” At tires.

But I don’t plan on doing any rock crawling. Only going to do light trails and gravel roads. So I really don’t need the hard core off road equipment that is included on Badlands.

i do like steel bumpers. I like vinyl seats, but can live with cloth. Would like a nav system. Have to have 2.7L auto. So I’m thinking that maybe Black Diamond would work.

But if I go Black Diamond or Base, should I Sasquatch it or just add my own lift, wheels and tires?

i see that base and bd have high clearance suspension as an option. Curious if this is a la carte or part of Sasq. If I can just get the high clearance lift from Ford, then I could Just get my own wheels and tires.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think the poorly informed majority opinion these days is that the suspension upgrades only come with Sasquatch. I like the BD for the summer alloys and winter steelies myself, but to each their own.

HankG13

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Subaru WRX, 1990 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need my bronco to have clearance and tires that are best suited for handling snow. Originally I thought I would go with a non Sasquatch Badlands To get the 33” At tires.

But I don’t plan on doing any rock crawling. Only going to do light trails and gravel roads. So I really don’t need the hard core off road equipment that is included on Badlands.

i do like steel bumpers. I like vinyl seats, but can live with cloth. Would like a nav system. Have to have 2.7L auto. So I’m thinking that maybe Black Diamond would work.

But if I go Black Diamond or Base, should I Sasquatch it or just add my own lift, wheels and tires?

i see that base and bd have high clearance suspension as an option. Curious if this is a la carte or part of Sasq. If I can just get the high clearance lift from Ford, then I could Just get my own wheels and tires.
Get the Outer banks and you're halfway to the 2.7 with an already included 10spd auto. Has good clearance with the biggest (diameter) wheels available and has 32", or so, tires. Plus you get some included creature comfoets standard.

Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

^What he said. You don't need a $50k+ rig unless we're talking Jackson Hole in the middle of January mountains of snow. A decent set of winter snow tires on a Base would handle 90% of what most people would encounter.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran all over the Cascades in the Pacific Northwest in my 91 Bronco with 31” Michelin A/T tires. I had chains, but never used them. Any of the new Broncos will do well, but the full time 4wd transfer case (Badlands or Wildtrax) and a set of actual snow tires (255/75/17 maybe? Narrow and tall) would probably be unstoppable other than high centering due to depth. It would also let you leave it in 4wd in mixed conditions. Now that you ask that question, it is odd the OBX does not have the option of full time 4wd. Seems like a more Lux than hard core off road option.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good question, hadn’t even considered it. Are all terrain tires suitable for snow and ice or would I have to buy my wife some snow tires?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good question, hadn’t even considered it. Are all terrain tires suitable for snow and ice or would I have to buy my wife some snow tires?
Suitable? Yes. Ideal? No. Not even close

Last edited:

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For snow I would go for lowest curb weight. 2dr BB 2.3 stick locker. Maybe toss some tall skinnies on it.

I had a Samurai and the thing was a beast in the snow, would pull/push itself over or thru drifts an ruts like no other. Used it to tow full sized suv out that had high centered on a snowbanks in a blizzard.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
95% of driving in snow is tires and driver competence.

I have an RS on badass Michelin snow tires and a lifted Super Duty on 37" Toyos. Guess which i prefer in snow?

Hint: not the truck

Ford Bronco Best model setup for snow 20190204_132656
Ford Bronco Best model setup for snow 20200212_102430

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Contemporary all-terrains with the 'Three-peak mountain snowflake rating' (severe winter service) are pretty good. They'll be noticeably more capable than a typical all season, and given a competent driver, will work fine in most situations.

They're not even close to the capability of a dedicated winter tire, though. How much you care about the better braking distance/ grip off the line/ cornering is up to you.

I have an RS on badass Michelin snow tires and a lifted Super Duty on 37" Toyos. Guess which i prefer in snow?

This guy gets it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I drove a RWD 2013 Camaro on blizzaks in snow for 4 years, never missed a storm. Was funny chugging along up hills no issue in 12+” of snow while everyone else was sliding all over.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are surprisingly good in the snow, and so are the BFGoodrich K02s. My wife’s Acura has dedicated snow tires for the winter, but the Duratrac tires on my Jeep are “almost” as good. You can go to Tire Rack, and see how each tire is rated for light snow, deep snow, and ice.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contemporary all-terrains with the 'Three-peak mountain snowflake rating' (severe winter service) are pretty good. They'll be noticeably more capable than a typical all season, and given a competent driver, will work fine in most situations.

They're not even close to the capability of a dedicated winter tire, though. How much you care about the better braking distance/ grip off the line/ cornering is up to you.

This guy gets it.
Gotcha, have they confirmed what the Bronco comes with? If my wife can drive a Cruze with all seasons, I don’t think she would have an issue with something comparative and 4WD if need be.
Sponsored