bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
What brand oil is the best to use for the 2.7...
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Per reviews Motorcraft is. I’ve used valvoline for the last 30 years and normal air in my tires.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had an 1989 Mercury Cougar 250K plus miles. I used a black bottle of "Motor Oil", bought in bulk from an auto parts store. No brand name, cheap stuff. Change your oil and filter regularly and you'll be fine. Your going to get the gotta use amsoil, motul, royal purple, etc. I don't believe any of that is truly necessary. But be prepared for the endless oil/filter debate.

But I use pennzoil synthetic and Motorcraft filters.

Last edited:

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amsoil is the best! Google motor oil tests, and watch Project Farm's YouTube video. Amsoil vs. Pennzoil, which wins Championship. There's some good information online about motor oil. You can't go wrong with any of the top full synthetic brands. But there are differences.

Sponsored

TABadlands

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT; 2022 Two Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another good YouTube video is Phoenix Synthetic Lubricants, LLC. Amsoil vs. Everything Else.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually use Amsoil signature full synthetic on my vehicles. Not sure if that is recommended for the bronco though.
It does not meet the Ford spec WSS-M2C961-A1 which is essentially API SP. I think they have too much calcium. I have 12qts I plan to use at some point but it technically does not meet the manufacturer's standard in the manual.

OP, pick just about anything on the shelf and change it regularly. There technically is no "best" oil, just a lot of opinions.

Castrol Magnatec used to produce some good used oil analysis results on ecoboost engines but has been discontinued. If you want my recommendation, Quaker State Full Synthetic is one of the cheapest ($21.xx for 5qt jug) at Wal Mart and has a healthy additive package. Here is a virgin oil analysis:

Ford Bronco Best oil for 2.7??? E9F266F2-944F-41E8-9BBB-7412BDB6F560

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/quaker-state-full-synthetic-5w30.354314/

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll have to see if Costco's full synthetic still meets the newer requirements -- I know it's good for my 3.5EB and at $26 for 10qts it was a hell of a deal compared to Valvoline

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If it is a vehicle I am going to keep, it gets Mobil 1. For typical lease vehicles, standard oil is fine with me.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to see if Costco's full synthetic still meets the newer requirements -- I know it's good for my 3.5EB and at $26 for 10qts it was a hell of a deal compared to Valvoline
I put the Kirkland oil in my wife's new Palisade. It was $32 for 10qts last year but I think it has gone up to $36. Still a good deal. Same blender that makes wal mart super tech and amazon basics oil. All perform fine and API SP, Dexos1 Gen 2 rated.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am firmly convinced that anyone who starts a "Which oil is best" thread on the internet is just a mega-troll who will laugh for weeks and months at the people getting into rage posts against one another for 300 pages.

Go with the specs the manufacturer recommends and you will be fine with any oil that meets or exceeds them.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any dinosaur juice will do. Seen cars with Mobil one and amsoil blow up. Seen cars with no name gas station oil go forever. There is no magical brand that’s going to give you some special super powers in these. It’s not high performance or cutting edge. Just get what brand you’ve always used. I’ve used valvoline my whole life. Never had anything fail from it. I’ve also never helped someone on the side of the road saying “I got some bad oil” either.

Kind of like asking what air should I put in my tires. Am or pm, city or country, mountain or valley?
Sponsored