Sponsored

Best ON-ROAD Ride Quality? Outer Banks or Wildtrak?

bek

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello.

This might sound like a strange question for a Bronco, but I travel across country quite a bit, and more is coming. The Wrangler JK is a rough ride on the tush. The obvious answer on the surface is that the Outer Banks is the luxury model, so surely it must be the best ride quality overall. (I'm going to have the 2.7 no matter what.)

I would enjoy having the Sasquatch package (but not required), and I'm wondering if the high-speed suspension of the Wildtrak might be just as good or better. Also, is the Wildtrak actually two inches wider (I'm thinking more butt room), or is that just the fender flares?

What do you guys think? Would the Wildtrak be just as luxurious for long driving?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup only wider cause of the flares go with the OBX

vicdet

Outer Banks
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport & Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That was my main reason for choosing the Outer Banks myself I do a lot of freeway driving and during the weekends I do a lot of street driving so I would prefer a vehicle that I get better smoother driving experience. Plus the interior is pretty good looking.

side-note I’m upset that they got rid of the rapid read so I had to change my color vehicle to a different color this year but other than that I’m excited and hopefully I’ll get it soon or by 2022. Lol

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the trim levels have the same suspension, width, measurements, etc…, as long as you have the Sasquatch package. The only difference will be in choices of electronic package and seats (leather, cloth, MGV).

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All the trim levels have the same suspension, width, measurements, etc…, as long as you have the Sasquatch package. The only difference will be in choices of electronic package and seats (leather, cloth, MGV).
All things being relatively equal, the 17 versus 18 inch rim and tire selection would be the only other factor affecting the ride. A quiet tread, softer rubber, and wider side aspect would be better but those things are not real clear in the wheel and tire specs.
With the lux package you also get the enhanced sound deadening material in the engine bay, which I find very helpful. Carpet probably has some insulating value as well.
The Bronco sits nice and high. The ride is comfortably stiff. The seats fit me well and they have plenty of positions.

Reactions: bek

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW I’ve actually heard that the OBX rides rougher than the Sasquatch broncos. Totally anecdotally though as I can’t remember what thread, but I believe the standard OBX may have a stiffer suspension.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All things being relatively equal, the 17 versus 18 inch rim and tire selection would be the only other factor affecting the ride. A quiet tread, softer rubber, and wider side aspect would be better but those things are not real clear in the wheel and tire specs.
With the lux package you also get the enhanced sound deadening material in the engine bay, which I find very helpful. Carpet probably has some insulating value as well.
The Bronco sits nice and high. The ride is comfortably stiff. The seats fit me well and they have plenty of positions.
The High package has the extra sound deadening as well.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sasquatch that comes std on wildtrack is more of a softer squishier ride. Like the Cadillacs from the eighties. But the big tires have issues - they’re going to be noisier and vibrate more especially as they wear. The obx tires and wheels are more setup for highway use. The obx is the clear winner here. If you want to you can always swap out wheels, tires, and lift kits.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think both are quite similar.

OBX: 18” wheel, smaller sidewall, smoother tread

Sasquatch: 17” wheel, thicker sidewall, rougher tread

I think OBX takes the cake with the better gas mileage though.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

FWIW I’ve actually heard that the OBX rides rougher than the Sasquatch broncos. Totally anecdotally though as I can’t remember what thread, but I believe the standard OBX may have a stiffer suspension.
Non-Squatch OBX doesn't have the Bilstein shocks. That and less rubber could account for the stiffer ride. OBX has more painted trim and is the only way to get High and Lux without having an upgraded suspension. Also, OBX has more cloth and leather options.

I have opined in other threads that the marketing/ model/ trim packages are messy with the Bronco. I think they should consolidate the trim packages and allow people to have 'appearance' packages for the looks that they desire. Make MGV an option on more models. Same with leather and high/lux packages. Ultimately we end up with compromises.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sasquatch that comes std on wildtrack is more of a softer squishier ride. Like the Cadillacs from the eighties. But the big tires have issues - they’re going to be noisier and vibrate more especially as they wear. The obx tires and wheels are more setup for highway use. The obx is the clear winner here. If you want to you can always swap out wheels, tires, and lift kits.
I have ordered a Wildtrak. I plan to wear out the factory rubber and switch to an A/T tire. People seem to think highly of the BFGoodrich KO2s.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX SAS đź‘Ś

Only thing that really kept me away from the WildTrak was the light colored interior. Figured it would get dirty much easier and show dirt/dust more. I do like the blacked-out wheels, hood decal, and trim on the WildTrak better though.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have ordered a Wildtrak. I plan to wear out the factory rubber and switch to an A/T tire. People seem to think highly of the BFGoodrich KO2s.
I have k02s on my F-350. Good all around rugged tire. There are options that are quieter or more aggressive or better on ice, but the k02 is a good balance.
Sponsored