Sponsored

Best ON-ROAD Ride Quality? Outer Banks or Wildtrak?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you'll find the ride very comparable. They both will be 1000% better than your Wrangler.

If you're driving cross country often I think the bigger factor should probably be the 2 mpg you'll lose with the Wildtrak because is SAS (lower gears).
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The sasquatch that comes std on wildtrack is more of a softer squishier ride. Like the Cadillacs from the eighties. But the big tires have issues - they’re going to be noisier and vibrate more especially as they wear. The obx tires and wheels are more setup for highway use. The obx is the clear winner here. If you want to you can always swap out wheels, tires, and lift kits.

Shockingly the sas tires are super quite in comparison to other tires of the same family (and by that I mean, made for off road) that I have used/heard.

the top. The top is what is going to make your ride un-enjoyable

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The answer is very easy. The OBx will provide better on road driving than anything Sasquatched simply because of the tire size.

If your ride is rough, try letting out a couple lbs of air.

I run my JK at about 34 instead of the 37 and it makes a big difference in rid quality, especially with the way the jeep handles hitting a bump (doesn't skip).

But I have a Stock JKUR so maybe it drive better.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hello.

This might sound like a strange question for a Bronco, but I travel across country quite a bit, and more is coming. The Wrangler JK is a rough ride on the tush. The obvious answer on the surface is that the Outer Banks is the luxury model, so surely it must be the best ride quality overall. (I'm going to have the 2.7 no matter what.)

I would enjoy having the Sasquatch package (but not required), and I'm wondering if the high-speed suspension of the Wildtrak might be just as good or better. Also, is the Wildtrak actually two inches wider (I'm thinking more butt room), or is that just the fender flares?

What do you guys think? Would the Wildtrak be just as luxurious for long driving?
Sasquatch'd Broncos are going to ride better because of the higher quality shocks and tires with larger tire sidewall that will soak up bumps and road imperfections better. An OBX with Sasquatch and a Wildtrak are going to ride equally good. Option both with Lux and leather and they will be identical with interior comfort.

Reactions: bek

Bjj101

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2020 Lexus RX450
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Before I added these 35in Nitto Ridge Grapplers, my OBX road like a middle to lower high end car. Now there definitely is a difference, which doesnt bother me bcuz its what I wanted but Im also not making cross country trips in it. I have the lux package which also helps. Just depends on what you're willing to tolerate.

Reactions: bek

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak is only wider due to tires and flares.
The tire does not necessarily determine vehicle width. The positioning or "offset" of the WHEEL along with the tire and wheel width determine the total width.
SAS wheels are 8.5" wide with +30mm offset and 315mm tires
OB wheels are 7.5" wide with +55mm offset and 255mm tires
Now you can do the math...

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tire does not necessarily determine vehicle width. The positioning or "offset" of the WHEEL along with the tire and wheel width determine the total width.
SAS wheels are 8.5" wide with +30mm offset and 315mm tires
OB wheels are 7.5" wide with +55mm offset and 255mm tires
Now you can do the math...
Wow, I had no idea tires were on wheels, thank you for explaining that!!!

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would think both are quite similar.

OBX: 18” wheel, smaller sidewall, smoother tread

Sasquatch: 17” wheel, thicker sidewall, rougher tread

I think OBX takes the cake with the better gas mileage though.
They are not similar. I have driven both. The SAS was softer feeling and defiantly floatier at speed.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are not similar. I have driven both. The SAS was softer feeling and defiantly floatier at speed.
Well yeah, but I'm saying as far as smoothness on the highway. A lifted vehicle with large tires will always be a floater.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well yeah, but I'm saying as far as smoothness on the highway. A lifted vehicle with large tires will always be a floater.
The Sas BB model I drove was every bit as smooth as the stock OBX and thought it was just as quiet due to the MIC top with sound insulation (?). The OBX had the rag top. I drove them both on the highway at 75MPH.
I liked the Sas so much that when I reordered my 2022 I switched from BL non-Sas to BD Sas.
I can easily down size the tires with another wheel/tire package with the $3000 I saved if desired.
These's production delays aren't all bad.

Quitefrankly

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dunno Wildtrak w/ Hoss 3.0 is smooth the only thing that all broncos struggle with is complete silent interior. even with SAS it's probably smoother than OBx.

Best part about the Bronco is it's meant to be aggressively driven - not over the top but you don't just supposed to Eco. It's tight handling and great power even as a box.
Sponsored