Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way to verify that they did/did not do the work: $5 tire crayon at AutoZone. Mark the inside of each tire 1-5. Make a note of it before you drop it off.

Thats a great idea
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a word of warning to those that live in a area with mandatory inspections,you may get a fail on your tires at year 5.

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All this heated discussion bout tire rotation and including a spare and here I am not used to rotating tires pretty much at all anymore since I kinda can’t on most my vehicles, cause 4 motorcycles and a vehicle with different width wheels front/rear and no spare. technically side to side rotation is possible as tires are asymmetrical but not directional, but I do plan to change the staggered wheels/tires to a squared setup once these wear out so didn’t see much point in side to side swapping. Still won’t have a spare to carry as a full size tire won’t even fit in the “tire” well, but could rotate 4 tires at that point.

Gotta say though, love it when I see wranglers with huge tires still carrying the stock tire size spare on the back. I’m sure there will be a new bronco sporting that look at some point.

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is hotter than BL vs Sasq suspension...

ZomboMeme 31032021054251.jpg

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The correct answer is G. Less complicated than F.
And YES YES YES, you do need to rotate that 5th tire, your tires will last 20% longer that way. Do the math.
Some of us (OBX) are trying to wear out the tires as quick as possible to justify new ones :)

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have decided that I cannot convince you to rotate your spare tire in.

You are going to overpay for your second set of tires and you are going to do that change earlier than you should, but it its not my money and hopefully it will keep the nice people at Discount Tire employed.

Carry on...

SevoSandman

Raptor
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, Porsche Cayenne GTS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so when it’s time to replace tires, now you have to replace 5 instead of just 4 since you put the spare in rotation...
IE...it costs 20% more.
Lol

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How should I rotate my directionals?
Should I carry two , side specific, spares?

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have decided that I cannot convince you to rotate your spare tire in.

You are going to overpay for your second set of tires and you are going to do that change earlier than you should, but it its not my money and hopefully it will keep the nice people at Discount Tire employed.

Carry on...
See...that’s the difference

1) I’m not trying to convince anyone to do 4 tire vs 5 just giving you 5 tire people a different perspective
2) your math will never add up....if we both replace 5 tires at some point, why would mine cost more because i didn’t rotate 1?
3) another math...tread wear will never be even on 5 tire rotation...even your first rotation, you will automatically have 1 different than the 3 on the ground. On your 5 rotation, i will give you a slim “Maybe” They’ll be even but that’s only if you drive the same roads every single day and rotate exactly at the same mileage every single time. Not sure about you, but i like to go to random places every now and then and definitely will not be pulling over just to rotate at the exact mileage just to say i got 20% more out of my tires..
4) lastly....i will not put a used ugly tire on the back for all to see on a beautiful vehicle like a bronco...

Enjoy your travels and stop worrying about the extra 20% you’re trying to squeeze out of it.

username1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2) your math will never add up....if we both replace 5 tires at some point, why would mine cost more because i didn’t rotate 1?
Enjoy your travels and stop worrying about the extra 20% you’re trying to squeeze out of it.
I think they were referring to the cost of traveling x miles, not net $ spend. The dollar spend is neutral but rotating 5 is more efficient. Rotating 5 you will travel more miles for the same $ resulting in a lower $/mile avg.

Very passionate discussion in here and I can see the reasons for choosing both but I like the tradeoffs rotating 5.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
See...that’s the difference

1) I’m not trying to convince anyone to do 4 tire vs 5 just giving you 5 tire people a different perspective
3) another math...tread wear will never be even on 5 tire rotation...even your first rotation, you will automatically have 1 different than the 3 on the ground. On your 5 rotation, i will give you a slim “Maybe” They’ll be even but that’s only if you drive the same roads every single day and rotate exactly at the same mileage every single time. Not sure about you, but i like to go to random places every now and then and definitely will not be pulling over just to rotate at the exact mileage just to say i got 20% more out of my tires..
4) lastly....i will not put a used ugly tire on the back for all to see on a beautiful vehicle like a bronco...

You're fine doing 4 if you KNOW you won't be changing tires when you buy new ones...I would never want to be locked into that. You also have to keep that back tire lubed up all the time, and since it is not rotated, it will look like crap anyway most likely, especially sinc you are only going to buy 4 apparently when you buy new tires. So, to avoid basically no extra cost or real labor difference you: 1) Have to buy new tires in more frequent intervals 2) You lose flexibility in being able to change to another brand or size tire (without also changing and wasting an unused tire). So two cons, no real pros to only rotating 4.....and that treadwear thing you are claiming just doesn't hold water. It all evens out and you won't be able to tell the difference in the tread once they've all taken a turn on the back...from someone who has always rotated 5 when I had a tire exposed on the back.
Sponsored