First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
California and it's no contest. Complain all you want but you can literally be a couple hours from skiing to surfing. We have King of the Hammer and Rubicon.

If you think you can't afford it the pay is way better. Most the union labor guys I deal with came for a job and stayed.
I'm for sure biased but as far as the wild west region goes I'm gonna argue it's a contest with Vegas based on criteria

Love the beach and skiing but neither are far (can ski within 45min if I really need a low-level fix)

Can get to alot of Cali offroad spots within a few hours

Offroad in S. Utah a half dozen times or more every year, again a few hours away

AZ not far

Lots and lots of great desert runs, dunes, and some decent rock gardens all within 45min of my driveway

Traffic much better for now and cost of living much, much lower than Cali (thus the massive influx of Californians to Vegas over last couple years 😉)

You can say pay is adjusted accordingly but i don't think that is 100% accurate, esp with certain industries
Ford Bronco Best State To Live and Off-Road? 20210814_181724

Last edited:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Definitely not Jersey, unless ya own land.

There’s nothing wrong with living in California. I’ve lived here my whole life.
it’s just more expensive because y’all don’t like the weather where you live. HAHA.
i really don’t think I could live anywhere else.
I hear there's a New Cali movement going on. If it works out, I'll move there

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I say look around where you‘re at first. I know Jersey is densely populated, but I’m sure theres some woods and where there are woods there are trails.

Upstate NY has good wheeling, so does New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.

North Carolina and East Tennessee are my favorites due to the topography, but don’t sleep on Virginia which is a great state to live and situated near lots of off roading.

Yes, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico are great as well if you want to stay below the snow belt. Sure, California has the best due to.It’s size, but living there, as others have said, is a no go.

PACNW is also very nice from what I hear and can see. Colorado may have the most diversity of options, but has gotten expensive.
We're kinda in the middle of all those, not quite as scenic, but a good home base with some local trails.

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm for sure biased but as far as the wild west region goes I'm gonna argue it's a contest with Vegas based on criteria

Love the beach and skiing but neither are far (can ski within 45min if I really need a low-level fix)

Can get to alot of Cali offroad spots within a few hours

Offroad in S. Utah a half dozen times or more every year, again a few hours away

AZ not far

Lots and lots of great desert runs, dunes, and some decent rock gardens all within 45min of my driveway

Traffic much better for now and cost of living much, much lower than Cali (thus the massive influx of Californians to Vegas over last couple years 😉)

You can say pay is adjusted accordingly but i don't think that is 100% accurate, esp with certain industries
Use to be South West of you in Mojave Area, I don't miss the desert. I also don't miss the weather.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

California? He said LIVE, not just off road :ROFLMAO:
I was going to say. Anyone that says California needs to reread the OP. It's got to be the worst state to live in.

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I say look around where you‘re at first. I know Jersey is densely populated, but I’m sure theres some woods and where there are woods there are trails.

Upstate NY has good wheeling, so does New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.

North Carolina and East Tennessee are my favorites due to the topography, but don’t sleep on Virginia which is a great state to live and situated near lots of off roading.

Yes, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico are great as well if you want to stay below the snow belt. Sure, California has the best due to.It’s size, but living there, as others have said, is a no go.

PACNW is also very nice from what I hear and can see. Colorado may have the most diversity of options, but has gotten expensive.
all great points. 👍🏻

Its only really dense near the major city’s. & Philadelphia. NYC. Etc.
Splitting the state into 3 regions (the lines are disputed) South, Central, North.

South is farmland and mash. That’s where I am. the Vibe here is more county than city.

Believe it or not NJ is very good about access to public lands and trails and we have plenty of them throughout the Pine Barron’s and to a lesser extent the more Mountainous NorthWest/NY State area. There also the TNJT route.

I have access to the best NJ has to offer, however, the terrain isn’t challenging and there only so much Sand & Pines a man can take. 😂

2hrs away in PA are some of the East Coasts largest off-road parks. AOAA, Rauche Creek, Famous Reading Outdoors. But it’s pay to play. Add to that the travel time.

New York State/New England doesn’t have as much public access as you might think. Most is privately owned or Class X roads. and for some reason the public land isn’t open to motor vehicles.

The south as you mentioned has a lot of beautiful public access. Great mountains. Good people.

I’ve lived on the East Coast for 50 years. I’ve done just about everything it can offer over that time. No complaints. I love the East Coast. From Maine to Florida. It’s been good to my family. But I’m ready for a change.

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to say. Anyone that says California needs to reread the OP. It's got to be the worst state to live in.
Everybody throws shade at NJ so I tend to disregard it when it happen to other states. But is the entire state really that bad? I’m asking seriously. because if it is, that’s a shame. It looks like a beautiful state with a lot to offer. (no politics) What’s the real deal with CA?

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever floats your goat, I've just learned from a lifetime of state hopping that my quality of life is better when I'm around like minded people.
Nah, I get it. there’s truth in it. Which is unfortunate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely not Jersey, unless ya own land.
Check out Wharton State Park. Aston. Belleplain. also, unless it’s marked otherwise, you're allowed to drive on the WMAs. (You’re “bird watching” “hunting” whatever)

The more south you get the more open public land there is. Theres a few active groups on FB that do runs regularly.

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Defiantly not Colorado. Yes, it’s beautiful. However the gates around here are closed from Dec > June-ish in most areas. Plus everything is Off camber and narrow so IMPO snow wheelingIs sketch balls USA.

If I were choosing a place to live I’d say anything south-west of Colorado or someplace that doesn’t lock the gates in winter.

ColoRADo is a great place to visit & wheel July > Sept.

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Massachusetts sucks…no redeeming qualities.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Washington and Idaho have a ton of forest service roads.
Sponsored