Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Moab going in May, also want to hit AZ for Grand Canyon where in AZ do you like to off road?
Hiking the Grand Canyon is a life-memorable experience--at least it was for me. (Done it twice!). If you ad that to your itinerary, plan well in advance for your hiking permits, and read up on camping, hiking protocols, and the availability of lodging and food at Phantom Ranch. Just remember--every step you take down calls for a matching step up!

Happy treking, and Godspeed!
Sponsored

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love CA - great place to visit. I could never live there, I'd have to leave half my guns/mags at the border. I do agree that for sheer beauty and outdoor recreation, it probably tops the list.

Last edited:

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nobody can dispute CA has beautiful scenery, diverse climates and great off-roading.

Itā€™s the ā€œliveā€ part that I just canā€™t wrap my head around.

Even if you get away from the high-crime/insane traffic population centers like LA and San Franā€¦you canā€™t escape the high taxes. Weird motor vehicle laws. And even weirder gun laws. (to name but a few)

Most CA folk are no different than me or any of my friends here. Thereā€™s not a damn thing wrong with 90% of that state. But that 10% really screws up the entire state.
I am in the suburbs of LA. No more homeless than other parts of the country. My city always ranks top 10-20 safest city in the nation. I am 40 minutes to ocean. 1.5 hours to mountains. About 10 minutes to wheelin. You can hunt, fish and do all of the outdoor things. I have more firearms then I need. My property taxes are fixed from when I purchased 14 years ago.

House was $400k back then...now worth a million (high point during COVID). Housing has some dips...but generally a rocket up.

Excellent food, diversity and I make a pretty good living. Arguably the best weather in CA (San Diego).

A flight to Hawaii is less than $300 if you buy a month or so ahead.

As of right now...no complaints from me. For reference, I have been to 37 states. Maybe something better in the last 13?

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love living in CA - we have an abundance of beautiful places to visit, drive, explore, vacation, etc

meetup.jpg
DJI_0081.jpg
MJB06070.jpg
MJB06266.jpg
MJB06042.jpg
MJB06330.jpg
IMG_7809.jpg
DJI_0113.jpg
MJB06524.jpg
IMG_4771.jpg
truck rear hdr.jpg
untitled-81.jpg
untitled-34.jpg
untitled-395.jpg
untitled-22.jpg
untitled shoot-122.jpg
untitled shoot-007-Edit.jpg
DJI_0140-Edit.jpg
Stunning, simply stunning shots. Even with the Chevy! Bravo.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering when PNW would get some love. Snow wheeling, Elbe Hills, Walker Valley, Moses Lake sand, and that crazy rock ravine in eastern WA that almost ruined @Tricky Dick 's rig. Also, has Oregon really not been mentioned? Lots of rock and sand off-roading there, including beach running. Politics too extreme?
There is definitely tons of great wheeling nearby. The living part though, I don't enjoy it.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is definitely tons of great wheeling nearby. The living part though, I don't enjoy it.
Whatā€™s there not to like in the PNW?! Itā€™s awesome here!

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stunning, simply stunning shots. Even with the Chevy! Bravo.
thanks ... the Chevy was to hold me over until I got my Bronco :) allowed me to start playing around with a 4x4 and get my feet wet with off roading ... it was a great truck - all the same goodies as the badlands with the exception of sway bar disconnect ... it had front/rear lockers, 4 hi/lo, full skid plates, DSSV shocks, etc .. .
and, I'm a photographer, so I love going off roading to get me to places to get cool photos :)

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Arizona is horrible, there is no good wheeling and the weather sucks. Those other places are where people should go. :unsure:
Not sure what your beef with AZ is. I've been living here for over 20 years and yeah the heat sucks and other things about the state suck too. However, it's beautiful right now and there are definitely plenty of trails and surprisingly alot of variation. Just takes a bit of research and maybe a recreation fee.

Not sure if you're trying to avoid more people moving to AZ like the Michigander post šŸ˜… but AZ's not that bad IMO.

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure what your beef with AZ is. I've been living here for over 20 years and yeah the heat sucks and other things about the state suck too. However, it's beautiful right now and there are definitely plenty of trails and surprisingly alot of variation. Just takes a bit of research and maybe a recreation fee.

Not sure if you're trying to avoid more people moving to AZ like the Michigander post šŸ˜… but AZ's not that bad.
Sar Chasm; the void between you and the joke.

Sponsored

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

bronc0000

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Wilderness
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ARIZONA, Red Rocks of Sedona, Flagstaff and obviously more desert running than you can take! And just plain more land use designated for off roading!

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spent a couple of years living in CA while I was in the Marines and it's awesome. I flew to mammoth mountain a few years ago and the snow was amazing. I visited again this summer for a wedding and stayed at mission beach for a few days and again it was amazing. I wish I had more time to check out the off-road trails and definitely hope I can make the drive out someday.

CA is expensive, there's no doubt about it but ignore most of these folks that say it's some kind of dystopian hell hole because that's all political. CA gets a lot flak because it's deep blue. Unless you're one of those that can't avoid bringing up politics every second or can't have a civil discussion with someone that disagrees with you, I'd say go for it.
After living in NorCal from 1998-2018, I agree that CA has a lot to offer and I also agree that you can train yourself to mostly ignore the politics. The 39.6 million others in the state often make outdoor recreational activities too crowded for my liking. We had a condo in Lake Tahoe and I spent 45+ days each winter skiing and summers boating/camping in the mountains around Lake Tahoe. I also went Jeeping with some of my neighbors every summer and fall on the many trails(such as the Rubicon) in El Dorado County where we lived. I donā€™t regret living in CA for two decades but are damn glad we are no longer there, if that makes sense.

We moved back to our native Minnesota 4 years a go and couldnā€™t be happier. We are big boaters and the lake country where our retirement home is Godā€™s country and I donā€™t have to share it with millions of others. Plentiful places to boat, hunt, or anything else you like in the world class lakes and wilderness. I havenā€™t yet done a bunch of summer off-roading yet but was recently introduced to some great fire roads/off road trails only 10 minutes from our home. RZRā€™s, ATVā€™s, and snowmobiles are the thing here and after a few days in a RZR Pro last summer, Iā€™m getting one this spring. They are incredibly fun to drive and will give me my speed fix when my snowmobiles are in storage.

Anyone into serious rock crawling or desert running obviously should stick to living in CA or other states in the SW. We donā€™t want anyone else moving to MN and our cold winters do a great job of keeping most everyone from even considering our state. If we had even 25% of the population of CA, everything would be ruined. States like AZ, TX, NV, ID, and MT having Californians flocking in, hopefully they stay away from MN. We are very strange here with our fond embrace of winter activities as this scene from a lakeside restaurant shows. :)

Ford Bronco Best State To Live and Off-Road? D17439D3-5EAB-4859-AFFD-E3F8E1B2D0E0
Sponsored

Last edited: