Sponsored

Best takeoffs for base 2 door in Shadow Black?

What takeoffs should I get for my base 2 door in Shadow Black?

• Total voters

TS0323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walking
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just bought a base 2 door which was exactly what I wanted other than the wheels which I am intent on upgrading.
I'm seeing Big Bend and Outer Banks takeoffs for sale for $500 near me which is a fantastic deal in my mind.
From what I can tell, they're very similar wheels/tires and are both 32" overall, but the OBX wheels are slightly larger and the tire sidewall is slightly shorter when compared to the BB.

Between these two options, which will have better handling and road noise? I'll be doing some off-roading but nothing crazy.

I've considered Badlands takeoffs as well, but those are closer to $1500-2000 and I think they'd be overkill for my needs.

If I get Big Bend takeoffs, I'll likely get some red lettering for my Bronco grille and go for a subtle red/black aesthetic. If I get the Outer Banks takeoffs, I'll probably get silver lettering and maybe add a silver Bronco emblem to both sides.
Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all relative to your color taste . this is what I'm doing

I have a big bend HPR and I'm putting OBX wheels with black sidewall tires (no color letters) just black

yours is shadow black , my opinion is OBX . make that black bronco pop ! with the black and polished wheels

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wildtrak

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Bend.

17" wheels have basically become the standard size for off-road vehicles these days—and even for non-offroad vehicles it is still a very common size. All of the Broncos have 17" wheels except for the Base (16") and Outer Banks (18"). Given the Big Bend has 17" wheels it will give you the widest amount of choices for future tires upgrades.

BUT, if you know you won't be off-roading much and like the look of Outer Banks wheels or 18" wheels in general, then go for it.

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walking
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Big Bend.

17" wheels have basically become the standard size for off-road vehicles these days—and even for non-offroad vehicles it is still a very common size. All of the Broncos have 17" wheels except for the Base (16") and Outer Banks (18"). Given the Big Bend has 17" wheels it will give you the widest amount of choices for future tires upgrades.

BUT, if you know you won't be off-roading much and like the look of Outer Banks wheels or 18" wheels in general, then go for it.
Thanks, this helps a lot. I didn't realize 18" wheels are not nearly as standard, so I'll probably go with the Big Bend so I'll have more options later.

Although, someone did just list Badlands takeoffs for $1200 near me.....I love the look of those so still decisions to be made.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can get Badlands take offs for $1200 (wheels and tires), I'd say that's the best bet.

You'll surely want to upgrade tires on either of the Big Bend or Outerbanks wheels I'm sure. You'll be spending more than $700 on tires for either choice, so you are already at more than $1200 if you choose either of those options.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, this helps a lot. I didn't realize 18" wheels are not nearly as standard, so I'll probably go with the Big Bend so I'll have more options later.

Although, someone did just list Badlands takeoffs for $1200 near me.....I love the look of those so still decisions to be made.
If they come with sensors that’s a pretty solid price, and those are 17” too.

And 18” wheels are also pretty common… didn’t mean to make it seem like it is uncommon. But just about all off-road oriented tires will have sizes that fit 17” wheels. Usually goes something like this for truck/SUVs:
  • 17” - Off-road oriented wheels
  • 18” - Everyday wheels. Basically the best combo of looks/function/price for most vehicles. The vast majority of pickups and most SUVs sold today will have 18” wheels
  • 20” - Luxury wheels. Higher-end trims on pickups and SUVs will have 20”+ wheels. They look ridiculous on the Bronco IMO, but the look is popular in some areas of the country (particularly Florida for some reason)
Cars & crossovers usually do 16”/17”/19”.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OBX are 18” wheels might hinder tire selection they are also pretty narrow. Keep your eyes open I bought a badlands set for $1200 for all five and sensors. And sold them for the same money a few weeks ago when I upgraded.

Rigsurly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just bought a base 2 door which was exactly what I wanted other than the wheels which I am intent on upgrading.
I'm seeing Big Bend and Outer Banks takeoffs for sale for $500 near me which is a fantastic deal in my mind.
From what I can tell, they're very similar wheels/tires and are both 32" overall, but the OBX wheels are slightly larger and the tire sidewall is slightly shorter when compared to the BB.

Between these two options, which will have better handling and road noise? I'll be doing some off-roading but nothing crazy.

I've considered Badlands takeoffs as well, but those are closer to $1500-2000 and I think they'd be overkill for my needs.

If I get Big Bend takeoffs, I'll likely get some red lettering for my Bronco grille and go for a subtle red/black aesthetic. If I get the Outer Banks takeoffs, I'll probably get silver lettering and maybe add a silver Bronco emblem to both sides.
Here is something am considering for a black Base from US Wheel
Ford Bronco Best takeoffs for base 2 door in Shadow Black? US Wheel Picture 2

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's my vote. I bought a set of 5 Badlands wheels/tires with TPMS for $1500 months ago -- and my Base isn't even scheduled to be built for another two weeks. Lol! Remember, Outer Banks and Big Bend models have passenger car tires, while the Badlands have light truck tires.
Sponsored