Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a MY22 Bronco on 12/04 (2 Door OBX Area51 w MIC, Aux, High Pkg). I talked to my sales guy and he said a lot of people ordered through the dealer I ordered through so I'm just assuming it will be quite the wait so I'm still looking around my area for Broncos coming into dealerships. I found one this morning which was a 4 Door Big Bend in Cactus Grey w/ Mid Pkg and dealer is selling it for MSRP. I'm not a hardcore off roader at all.

So my question here is, do I opt for the more expensive 2 Door OBX which can take a year for me to get,
or
Get the 4 Door Big Bend that's cheaper and available now for MSRP.

Most people will probably say to wait for the one I want, but to be honest I ordered just to secure one for the future if I don't come across some right now.

EDIT:
I like them both.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean... if you are happy with the Big Bend then I'd take the Big Bend.

Chances are the Bronco will hold its resell value, especially given that the component shortages will likely persist throughout 2022. So if you want you can just keep your order and trade in the Big Bend once your OBX arrives.

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a MY22 Bronco on 12/04 (2 Door OBX Area51 w MIC, Aux, High Pkg). I talked to my sales guy and he said a lot of people ordered through the dealer I ordered through so I'm just assuming it will be quite the wait so I'm still looking around my area for Broncos coming into dealerships. I found one this morning which was a 4 Door Big Bend in Cactus Grey w/ Mid Pkg and dealer is selling it for MSRP. I'm not a hardcore off roader at all.

So my question here is, do I opt for the more expensive 2 Door OBX which can take a year for me to get,
or

Most people will probably say to wait for the one I want, but to be honest I ordered just to secure one for the future if I don't come across some right now.

EDIT:
I like them both.
The 4 door base is best value. Then find cheap take offs. Done.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As said, buy the BB until the OBX arrives then decide which one to keep and which one to sell or maybe keep both.

At minimum, you’ll break even on the BB with in next 1 or 2 years depending on the future Bronco demand and market insanity.

FJ3OdycUcAEfNIH.jpeg

ScottyScooter

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Toyota MR2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you really believe that there is a Big Bend that is just sitting around on a lot at MSRP, waiting for you to make a decision on whether or not you want to buy it? If such a vehicle exists, It would be sold the very first day it was listed which means it would already be parked in somebody else's driveway at this point.

If something like that really is available, I would suggest you buy it. It seems like Ford is pretty far behind on getting the two door broncos to their customers. I would guess that the resale will still be good enough by the time your two door comes in that it actually wouldn't cost that much to drive this four door big bend around while you're waiting and then sell it once your order comes in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Bend soft top seems to be almost the only thing Ford is pumping out, if you are looking at resale when a 2 door is available, a big bend might not hold the value you hope compared to another model as it will be, by far, the most common model out there. Who knows what the future may bring though.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
2door >4door
Big bend>obx
🤷‍♂️

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what was your reason for ordering a 2-door?

Can you let go of the reason of owning a 2 door to justify owning a 4 door?

OP
OP
aa10cruzz

aa10cruzz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

what was your reason for ordering a 2-door?

Can you let go of the reason of owning a 2 door to justify owning a 4 door?
I honestly think it’s the best looking and the 2 door obx that i ordered will be a lesser price than the 4 door big bend. I just think the OBX with the High Package and the Signature LED Lights complete the Bronco.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd say go for the BB now to hold over till you get the one you want

a year is a long time to wait, might as well enjoy the BB till then

I'm biased on the 2 door so order what you want and have fun with the BB till then

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

or

EDIT:
I like them both.
the time you was taking writing this post and thinking about if you should buy or not someone else well buy it.

FrankenRodz

Base
First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base 2 - Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t see 4 door Broncos holding value. They’re already everywhere for resale. Broncos were 2 door, so the appeal is Ford’s modern interpretation.

BattleBornBronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best value is the one that makes you the happiest. They all have excellent resale value. Smiles per gallon buddy.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You're in b c, eh. You need advanced automatic.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me...The one that's in my driveway. Value is extremely subjective, too many variables based on individual needs and wants.
Sponsored