Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Need a language warning on that video. Geez. ?

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Lions backhttps://youtu.be/fpbkTncjEOs
Yeah that's crazy. I'm wondering more along the lines of that Jeep tour group taking out a novice and someone panics right at the beginning and just rolls it down the side? Those tour guides are pretty brave/trusting!

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its my dream to get out there. Hopefully cross country road trip to get there in my Bronco.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was out there about 2 years ago on a company retreat and we did Hells Revenge and a couple of other trails on a guided tour in a H1 Hummer. I was mildly into off-roading then but that trip pushed me all in. Definitely will be taking the family to Moab once the Bronco finally arrives.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is amazing.

I didn't watch the whole thing, just skipped through a bit. Cool to hear her losing her shit at the beginning (No doubt she does. It looks wild!) then click ahead and hear how she relaxes. Instructor really keeps it together.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too much potty mouth for me to watch. F-bombs make me cringe. Those trails can be exciting the first time around and definitely worth the trip. Don't forget to try the mesa on the other side of town. Check the Moab Rim Trail, Poison Spider and Golden Spike. Just make sure you have at the minimum a rear locker and an understanding that the bottom of your rig, at minimum, is going to get banged up. Recommend front and rear locker for the Rim Trail. I completed the Rim in my F-150 but had to be tugged 4 times by my sons built Cherokee.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a hard time hiking parts of Moab. No way would I attempt to drive it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lions backhttps://youtu.be/fpbkTncjEOs
You beat me to it. I was going to look up that video and post it. Although, I think there is a longer one somewhere else.

This just goes to show how important it is to have the right equipment for the job. I wouldn't trust the brakes on that Suburban to stop a Red Ryder wagon going down that hill. :LOL:

OP
OP
Megawatt

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So that lions back video. That trail is now closed to the public, was told it is on private property. The woman driver went back there a couple years ago with a built Wrangler and a guide (like in the thread video). She drove up it, turned around and back down. Hurray for her.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One time i was a passenger in a jeep middle of the night chasing rabbits crested a hill and it was muddy sleigh ride down this super steep hill kapow at the bottom we lived the jeep didnt !
I have to give props to the instructor she has icewater in her veins.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The majority Hell’s Revenge trial is super fun, no biggie for an semi seasoned driver with a lifted / armored vehicle on 34’s / 35’s. Hells Gate (the big notch climb) is legit, I strongly recommend having spotter that is familiar with the trail. You can’t see anything but your spotter. The notch on the Gate is pretty deceiving, stay way way way passenger or you will slip down into the notch and things will get spicy real quick. Trust me. ?. I’ve been up it once in my Tacoma, drifted too far driver and slipped into the notch and got pretty twisted up. I was so close to flopping my passenger side mirror (pulled in) touched the rock with one front wheel way up in the air and the truck resting on the back bumper. With the help of a good spotter I was able to self recover and eventually drive it out to the top, but man was my adrenaline charging! It was a good day. That said I have buddies that have driven up Hell’s Gate so many times they know the exact line and just march right up it no problem. But man, that first time is legit so be prepared. Blows my mind that inexperienced people rent jeeps and drive up that. ?

The Escalator (another feature on Hell’s Revenge) is even more advanced IMPO. It makes the videos of the Bronco going through it (forward and backwards which is insane) seriously impressive. Heads up there are bypasses so both Hell’s Gate & the Escalator On Hell’s revenge are optional.

I can’t stress enough that the Bronco’s Moab videos are impressive and showcase the vehicle’s capabilities well, but the hidden star was their pro spotter.

Stoked for the Bronco next summer!

PEACE.

Last edited:

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The majority Hell’s Revenge trial is super fun, no biggie for an semi seasoned driver with a lifted / armored vehicle on 34’s / 35’s. Hells Gate (the big notch climb) is legit, I strongly recommend having spotter that is familiar with the trail. You can’t see anything but your spotter. The notch on the Gate is pretty deceiving, stay way way way passenger or you will slip down into the notch and things will get spicy real quick. Trust me. ?. I’ve been up it once in my Tacoma, drifted too far driver and slipped into the notch and got pretty twisted up. I was so close to flopping my passenger side mirror (pulled in) touched the rock. With the help of a good spotter I was able to self recover and eventually drive it out to the top, but man was my adrenaline charging! It was a good day. That said I have buddies that have driven up Hell’s Gate so many times they know the exact line and just march right up it no problem. But man, that first time is legit so be prepared. Blows my mind that inexperienced people rent jeeps and drive up that. ?

The Escalator (another feature on Hell’s Revenge) is even more advanced IMPO. It makes the videos of the Bronco going through it (forward and backwards which is insane) seriously impressive. Heads up there are bypasses so both Hell’s Gate & the Escalator On Hell’s revenge are optional.

I can’t stress enough that the Bronco’s Moab videos are impressive and showcase the vehicle’s capabilities well, but the hidden star was their pro spotter.

Stoked for the Bronco next summer!

PEACE.
So, when doing this trail are there ways to go around some of the more difficult places you might want to skip?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, when doing this trail are there ways to go around some of the more difficult places you might want to skip?
Yes, Hell’s Gate, the Escalator and all of the Hot tubs are optional on Hell’s Revenge. It’s not like they’re super clearly marked but it’s manageable, I’d recommend going with a friend who knows the trail.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm good with the vid. Crikeys I can barely even watch!
Sponsored