Sponsored

Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior?

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
What kind of scratches? How deep?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I traded in my Ram for the Bronco. Lol.
The point stands :)

What have you been doing to the interior that it's scratched badly enough that you need to remove them? I can't say I've been doing doors-off off-roading (it's winter here, brr) but I've got not scratches from using my Bronco as a daily driver since I bought it back in Sept.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of scratches? How deep?
All over the spectrum in the back. Some scuff marks too. Probably impossible to temove

The point stands :)

What have you been doing to the interior that it's scratched badly enough that you need to remove them? I can't say I've been doing doors-off off-roading (it's winter here, brr) but I've got not scratches from using my Bronco as a daily driver since I bought it back in Sept.
Throwing snowboards in the back wasn’t the best decision in the world. They rubbed on the sides of the back tailgate area while driving causing scuff marks and scratches to the plastic.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Throwing snowboards in the back wasn’t the best decision in the world. They rubbed on the sides of the back tailgate area while driving causing scuff marks and scratches to the plastic.
Doh, should put your snowboards in bags before putting them inside (I know this is great advice after the fact, lol)

Bronco67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. Interior scratches easily. Can confirm with my own wonderful scratches all over the cargo area. Anything plastic or harder will mar or scratch the Bronco interior.

It won't be a problem for grocery runs, but packing up for outdoor adventures will surely leave you with scratches and marks .

I bought my vehicle to use, so not worried. But I am excited for that laser cut MOLLE paneling for the cargo area to finally get released.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking of pulling the panels after a while and doing a bedliner spray or coating on them. The factory plastic will scratch and look like crap eventually no matter how careful one is. If I had a base model I’d probably consider using the same bedliner on the carpeted floor right over the carpet. Usually the worst looking spot on my truck is the driver’s side door panel where I kick it when getting out.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rhino liner 😎

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously - I have a 7 year old Land Rover LR4 that i have driven & used in the same way I do the Bronco & it doesn't look anywhere close to this in the cargo area. These scuffs & scratches occurred after one weekend camping trip. Not sure there is any repairing these - going to buy some adhesive rubber strips and place them in the areas that my storage bins touch the panels.
Pretty cheap plastic for sure.

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed.jpg

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Removing scratches from that sort of stuff: I've not found a way. In theory you could sand them down but you'll take the finish off everything and you pretty much can't get that flat by hand so it will have waves/marks.

If you had deep scratches then I use a fresh razor blade to remove the peeled up side and create the negative space and fill with epoxy that's close in color.

I am curious if you took a horse hair brush with short nap and an interior cleaner if you could vigorously agitate the surface and get some of the top marks off. Would shy away from using nylon or boars hair for this purpose (nylon can scratch, boars hair is too soft/expensive).
Sponsored