Sponsored

Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I vote heat gun and just enough to re melt the chalky areas. No idea how it will react but may have a panel from a wreck we're working on to try.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My interior gets scratch just by finger nails putting on seat belt removing the covers to unbolt the roof. It really is the easiest stuff I’ve ever seen to scratch. In the past I’ve used a great gun gently to help. Have tried on the bronco yet.

tompytel

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used a Prismacolor Premier marker applied indirectly to cover up small scratches. Apply to a finger and gently dab on the scuff/scratch. Take your time and apply in layers. Photos of the marker included. It should only be used on the black interior plastics, and you should test it in a less obvious place. Worked for me and I’m a bit OCD about keeping the interior looking new. I’ll post a video on Instagram, so give me a follow @wickedflyrod.
Ford Bronco Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior? IMG_0085
Ford Bronco Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior? IMG_0084

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My interior gets scratch just by finger nails
FORD TSB: Improper trimming of finger nails can lead to interior damage.

Customers should be informed to trim their nails, cut their hair, wear a mask, and to take precautions when around vehicle surfaces containing plastic. For on-going protection, do not attempt to look at the plastic. Wear safety goggles and cotton gloves when entering and exiting the vehicle. To avoid risk of accidental plastic contact, remove all clothing while operating the vehicle. Contact the Posion Control Center if accidental ingestion occurs.

;)

Bronco_OBX23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve used a Prismacolor Premier marker applied indirectly to cover up small scratches. Apply to a finger and gently dab on the scuff/scratch. Take your time and apply in layers. Photos of the marker included. It should only be used on the black interior plastics, and you should test it in a less obvious place. Worked for me and I’m a bit OCD about keeping the interior looking new. I’ll post a video on Instagram, so give me a follow @wickedflyrod.
Ford Bronco Best way to remove scratches from the cheap plastic interior? IMG_0084
Great idea! Do you have any before and after pics?
Sponsored