David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Worst design ever! I took it off yesterday and will be returning it.

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think I saw somewhere that the zippers are there to provide access to the latches bw the front panels and the rest of the hard top in case you want to just take the front panels off. Another fail because I am pretty sure you're supposed to be able to fasten the canvas top back to some snaps if you want to open up the front all the way, but all that did was sag down onto my head. Maybe I had it connected wrong. I don't know...

Sponsored

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why does it have the zippers?
What are they for?
I think I saw somewhere that the zippers are there to provide access to the latches bw the front panels and the rest of the hard top in case you want to just take the front panels off. Another fail because I am pretty sure you're supposed to be able to fasten the canvas top back to some snaps if you want to open up the front all the way, but all that did was sag down onto my head. Maybe I had it connected wrong. I don't know...

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Worst design ever! I took it off yesterday and will be returning it.
Agreed. Its not a great design. I have this on currently and man, its loud and flappy at 50+mph. And yes, its cinched down as tight as possible. Damn Bernoulli effect. The two magnets in the front are useless.

For the two-door, you need to bolt in the crossbar using the included bracket plates and screw down in the same hole that is used to secure the hardtop.

When you put the hard top back on (leaving the shade installed), you obviously need to remove the bolts, and lower the hardtop and its front brackets onto the bimini bracket and bolt down. Here's the issue. When putting the t-tops back on, it's noticably higher along the hard top edge due to the two bracket plates (the bimini and the hard top) and bolt/washer. Makes for closing the t-tops tough and wonder if its even water-tight. What I did is just rest the hardtop bracket on the the bimini bracket and not bolt them in. The weight of the hardtop keeps the crossbar in place and the other 8 bolts keeps the hard top in place.

I might check out @JTopsUSA 2-door offering.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ordered the Bestop canvas Bimini top from ford for $300+, excited to install this morning and this….

CAEC6C8A-1175-4874-9419-EBA063530E57.jpeg

B6BFD8E3-AE25-4CF4-B6A8-DF9642675AF7.jpeg
How did you go about returning the top? The dealer says to contact customer relations. They and marketing refer me back to the dealer. I ordered mine when I ordered the vehicle.

Syndister

Big Bend
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Harley Road King Special, '23 Bronc
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

UGH! Bought this from:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bimini-top-soft-canvas-for-2-door

I didn't have any problems installing it on my 2 door, but functionally - It's CRAP. Full of zippers that LEAK UNCONTROLLABLY when it rains.
Completely useless! If I only wanted some sun protection, I would have bought mesh... But I live in South Florida, not Nevada or Southern California. It rains here - A LOT

Hopefully someone will respond and tell me I am doing something wrong! If so, I will gladly update...

But for now, can't think of a time I have been more disappointed with a purchase. Do not buy this!
Good to know...I was just hoping I would see another Floridian try this in our rain before I bought it...and you did.
Sponsored