Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Bronco, 89 Grand Wagoneer, 15 Mustang GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is gearshade making a 2 door top yet?? I am definitely getting this for my four door they are much cheaper and they look good
Yes, they have a 2 door version now and I believe it is the same price as 4 door. Looks like their site is down for maintenance but you can call and order

OP
OP
Slimpickens

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That looks like the mesh Bimini and not the canvas. Regardless, you can see it also has the hole on the opposite side of the roll bar pod. So looks like you are good to go and this is a mystery hole.
Yeah but…
Ford Bronco Bestop Canvas Bimini Top - wtf E44D0A8F-1432-4713-8866-4AC34E1D57FC

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah but…
Ford Bronco Bestop Canvas Bimini Top - wtf E44D0A8F-1432-4713-8866-4AC34E1D57FC
I'd love to try and help.
But for the life of me I can't discern what the issue is.

It starts with "and this:", and there are pics.
Ends with "yeah, but" and another pic with an arrow.

Can you describe the conundrum?
Is it whether the canvas goes over top of or in front of the crossmember in pics/instructions vs. reality?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Slimpickens

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, it appears the cut out for the sat radio is on the wrong side. Went to install this morning but with no help to get the MIC top off (yes you can install with top on, in the instructions)… the red arrow is just showing that it should be on the drivers side, it isn’t. When the wife gets home guess I’ll remove the top and see for sure.

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, it appears the cut out for the sat radio is on the wrong side. Went to install this morning but with no help to get the MIC top off (yes you can install with top on, in the instructions)… the red arrow is just showing that it should be on the drivers side, it isn’t. When the wife gets home guess I’ll remove the top and see for sure.
What I don't get is why they even have an opening..? I mean the hard top covers the same antenna with no interruption, strange a fabric top would have an issue without an opening...? :unsure:

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That hole may be there to avoid ripping the top on a small plastic fastener that sticks up in that area. At 75mph, that top will probably move around a bit.

Ford Bronco Bestop Canvas Bimini Top - wtf 1647462589326

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anybody have experience with the soft canvas bimini? I was thinking of getting one as an emergency rain protector if i have the top off. Keep it stored on board, just in case.

Thoughts?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I thought it was an issue on my mesh Bimini at first too, but it's not. I kept thinking I must have it upside down, but that's just how it's made. The top doesn't come back far enough for that hole to be for the antenna anyway. I don't know what it's for and why it's on that side, but it's not an issue.

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anybody have experience with the soft canvas bimini? I was thinking of getting one as an emergency rain protector if i have the top off. Keep it stored on board, just in case.

Thoughts?
UGH! Bought this from:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bimini-top-soft-canvas-for-2-door

I didn't have any problems installing it on my 2 door, but functionally - It's CRAP. Full of zippers that LEAK UNCONTROLLABLY when it rains.
Completely useless! If I only wanted some sun protection, I would have bought mesh... But I live in South Florida, not Nevada or Southern California. It rains here - A LOT

Hopefully someone will respond and tell me I am doing something wrong! If so, I will gladly update...

But for now, can't think of a time I have been more disappointed with a purchase. Do not buy this!

Ricknor353

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered the Bestop canvas Bimini top from ford for $300+, excited to install this morning and this….

Hope you did not get this for rain protection...
Those zippers leak BAD!!
Ask me how I know...
:/

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
Slimpickens

Slimpickens

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I thought it was an issue on my mesh Bimini at first too, but it's not. I kept thinking I must have it upside down, but that's just how it's made. The top doesn't come back far enough for that hole to be for the antenna anyway. I don't know what it's for and why it's on that side, but it's not an issue.
Agreed, once I got the hard top off I saw that. Not very pleased with the top, debating returning it. That center bar makes way too much noise and the zippers in the back are completely useless with the 2 door. The way it’s designed doesn’t allow you to get a real tight fit, the gaps don’t bother me so much it just looks, feels and fits poorly.

ThaSunn

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Mustang GT, 22' Jeep Cherokee, 22' BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
UGH! Bought this from:

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bimini-top-soft-canvas-for-2-door

I didn't have any problems installing it on my 2 door, but functionally - It's CRAP. Full of zippers that LEAK UNCONTROLLABLY when it rains.
Completely useless! If I only wanted some sun protection, I would have bought mesh... But I live in South Florida, not Nevada or Southern California. It rains here - A LOT

Hopefully someone will respond and tell me I am doing something wrong! If so, I will gladly update...

But for now, can't think of a time I have been more disappointed with a purchase. Do not buy this!
Man that sucks, hate to hear that. I was hoping it would work for pop ups and get me back to the house. This does not sound encouraging.

I appreciate the feedback. First real answer ive had for this one.
Sponsored