Sponsored

bestop is garbage. dont give them money (update , not garbage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Got back on the phone as early as i could. Was still 19 in line and had to wait 30 minutes which is better than 4 hours and spot 80. I can confirm that they have a ghost crew for customer support and need at least 10 more agents.

After explaining the problem i asked if they could simply send a new top upon arrival of the old top and they said yes , why this wasnt suggested in the first place is curious. But all is well. If you have problems with your new arrived bestop in the box dont bother asking for new parts just have them send a new one.

Ordered a trektop for my 2 door. Sent me a clearly re-sealed box.

Inside the box was a damaged window panel , 10 missing hardware pieces , and no "sealer stickers" you need to start installing the thing

Was told last week they would send out replacement parts "within the week"

Today got on the phone with a woman saying its going to be 4-6 weeks for everything.

Put in a return for this garbage.

was told impolitely "this is the result of 2 years of supply chain shortages"

A reminder that china is quickly going to replace american manufacturing because they actually source their own shit and dont need to hold shipping for BOLTS. Made in USA doesnt mean anything anymore and in 10 years its going to be an inverse of what it used to mean
Sponsored

Last edited:

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Inside the box was a damaged window panel , 10 missing hardware pieces , and no "sealer stickers" you need to start installing the thing

Today got on the phone with a woman saying its going to be 4-6 weeks for everything.

Pics, please.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Pics, please.
pics of what? 10 bolts are missing from the box , the window is severely gouged/marred , and the sticker seal things that go on the back are gone.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

pics of what? 10 bolts are missing from the box , the window is severely gouged/marred , and the sticker seal things that go on the back are gone.
Yeah, anything to support your case ā€” e.g., clearly re-sealed box, damaged window panel, shipped hardware vs required hardware list/diagram/installation instructions, description or drawing referring to the missing sealer stickers. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I have considered ordering a Bestop, but youā€™re telling me theyā€™re garbage and I shouldnā€™t give them my money. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know you, and you havenā€™t presented any evidence to backup your claim, but I have personal friends that own Bestops ā€“ they rave about them ā€” and I have examined them up close. They seem to be a high quality manufacturer.

TL;DR ā€” Convince meā€¦ Pics or it didnā€™t happen. šŸ§

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

was told impolitely "this is the result of 2 years of supply chain shortages"

A reminder that china is quickly going to replace american manufacturing because they actually source their own shit and dont need to hold shipping for BOLTS. Made in USA doesnt mean anything anymore and in 10 years its going to be an inverse of what it used to mean
That sucks. This goes back to my nobody has good customer service now. Its just typical of most companies now. Definitely need pics to back this claim up though of the damage.

Sponsored
OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Yeah, anything to support your case ā€” e.g., clearly re-sealed box, damaged window panel, shipped hardware vs required hardware list/diagram/installation instructions, description or drawing referring to the missing sealer stickers. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I have considered ordering a Besttop, but youā€™re telling me theyā€™re garbage and I shouldnā€™t give them my money. Unfortunately, I donā€™t know you, and you havenā€™t presented any evidence to backup your claim, but I have personal friends that own Besttops ā€“ they rave about them ā€” and I have examined them up close. They seem to be a high quality manufacturer.

TL;DR ā€” Convince meā€¦ Pics or it didnā€™t happen. šŸ§
im not ripping apart a box i just reorganized for return just to take pictures

How about this.

If you get your best top and it has all the correct pieces and none are damaged , you are good to go.

if it doesnt , you are fucked with a 4-6 week wait

Make your decision yourself.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
That sucks. This goes back to my nobody has good customer service now. Its just typical of most companies now. Definitely need pics to back this claim up though of the damage.
The window is buried in the second box i really dont want to take it out to take pictures for the forum.

Its a 2000 dollar top. it should have no damage

So 1 of two things happened

1. The slob who puts them into the box does not inspect them or is blind
2. It was damaged during shipping which is even worse meaning bestop has a systemic quality problem

Northridge4x4

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base
little harsh coming off this way. Not backing them if a CS rep over there dropped the ball on follow up but Bestop is a solid company without a doubt. They even supply the Ford part if you go that route so not much choice for you to go elsewhere right now. I honestly think if you wrote a well mannered email and left the aggression out they would send you a label for the kit you have and send a whole new one. Hit them up on that idea and give them a chance.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im not ripping apart a box i just reorganized for return just to take pictures

How about this.

If you get your best top and it has all the correct pieces and none are damaged , you are good to go.

if it doesnt , you are fucked with a 4-6 week wait

Make your decision yourself.
Got it. šŸ˜„ I hope creating this thread was cathartic for you. (y)

As for your thread titleā€¦

Ford Bronco bestop is garbage. dont give them money (update , not garbage) A6CA9599-F78A-471D-A567-FB77540D9E9A

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
little harsh coming off this way. Not backing them if a CS rep over there dropped the ball on follow up but Bestop is a solid company without a doubt. They even supply the Ford part if you go that route so not much choice for you to go elsewhere right now. I honestly think if you wrote a well mannered email and left the aggression out they would send you a label for the kit you have and send a whole new one. Hit them up on that idea and give them a chance.
hey 100% agree with you

except besttop makes you wait on the phone for 4 hours every time you call

I was willing to forgive the damage

was willing to forgive the missing pieces

Was willing to forgive the 4 hour wait

not all three though , bad company

Sponsored

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The window is buried in the second box i really dont want to take it out to take pictures for the forum.

Its a 2000 dollar top. it should have no damage

So 1 of two things happened

1. The slob who puts them into the box does not inspect them or is blind
2. It was damaged during shipping which is even worse meaning bestop has a systemic quality problem
I cant comment too much on your issues, I can tell you out of all the ones we have sold there has only been two documented as a problem with our warranty dept.

If you decide to give them another shot we have 10 in stock and can rectify the wait portion of your issue.

Northridge4x4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Jeeps and one lone Bronco (so far)
Your Bronco Model
Base
hey 100% agree with you

except besttop makes you wait on the phone for 4 hours every time you call

I was willing to forgive the damage

was willing to forgive the missing pieces

Was willing to forgive the 4 hour wait

not all three though , bad company
prob none of the damage and missing parts their fault. Tons and tons of times shippers will damage boxes and tape them back up themselves thinking all is good but now its missing parts and parts got damaged. Bestop is very strict on how stuff ships out and we even stock stuff here too and the boxes look solid but hey shit happens and maybe it did ship that way. Still best for things like this is an email showing the damage since they have their protocols and wants to document what happened before fixing the problem and as long as they get the info and you sent them the pics they would normally jump right on it. if youre done with this situation then just be done I guess but an email not a phone call would be so much better and most likely quicker. Just some helpful tips

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The definition of good quality control = The customer returns and the goods donā€™t.

Sorry for your hassle.
100%

My neighbor has a top from them that got a hole in it and they duck taped it shut and every time it rains it floods the car.

For the longest time i asked myself why they dont just call them up and get a new window part , assuming maybe it wasnt in the budget and not asking them myself,

I have a feeling that has nothing to do with it now.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I cant comment too much on your issues, I can tell you out of all the ones we have sold there has only been two documented as a problem with our warranty dept.

If you decide to give them another shot we have 10 in stock and can rectify the wait portion of your issue.
hey thanks thats awesome. But i cant give them money going forward , even if its through you guys.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.