Sponsored

Bestop needs to package their shipments better...

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2 Door Shadow Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a Bestop Sunrider for my 2-door Bronco from AutoAnything. I'm not sure if AutoAnything and Bestop are the same company, but the Sunrider was shipped directly from Bestop, so I'm inclined to think this is their issue.

Unfortunately, the Sunrider was packaged pretty badly. A corner of the box was bashed in which was Fedex's fault not theirs, but the Sunrider itself was only wrapped in a non-protective plastic bag, so the box damage split the plastic on the Sunrider and completely broke off a piece of it as you can see in the photo.

I've filed a claim and am waiting to hear back, and I'm sure Bestop/AutoAnything will make it right. But this could have been avoided if they packaged their items better to begin with...

F6E0642A-3306-4E93-A04C-08A9AE48E786.jpeg

5EF88A7F-6007-4A6C-BCB8-3A242EB82208.jpeg
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My box looked similar but thankfully wasn't damaged. Can you still install it and wait for a replacement part?

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My box looked similar but thankfully wasn't damaged. Can you still install it and wait for a replacement part?
Unfortunately not, because the door rail needs to be bolted onto the part that's broken off.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They could wrap it in 47 layers of bubble wrap and UPS/FED ES would find a way to F it up. They literally THROW sh$t around in the depots. I’m sure it’ll be rectified but this ain’t on anybody but FedEx. Trust me, I ship/ receive product everyday.

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed that FedEx is the most to blame, but a bit of bubble wrap wouldn’t have hurt. You can see in this photo where the piece broke off and pierced through the plastic bag. They added in a little foam padding but that was only on the underside so it didn’t protect this part at all.

I’ve sold a ton of items on eBay over the years but never had an issue because I wrap everything with at least some bubble wrap.

Ford Bronco Bestop needs to package their shipments better... 3C438551-3ED3-4AF3-A61D-91F801B2422E

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a Bestop Sunrider for my 2-door Bronco from AutoAnything. I'm not sure if AutoAnything and Bestop are the same company, but the Sunrider was shipped directly from Bestop, so I'm inclined to think this is their issue.

Unfortunately, the Sunrider was packaged pretty badly. A corner of the box was bashed in which was Fedex's fault not theirs, but the Sunrider itself was only wrapped in a non-protective plastic bag, so the box damage split the plastic on the Sunrider and completely broke off a piece of it as you can see in the photo.

I've filed a claim and am waiting to hear back, and I'm sure Bestop/AutoAnything will make it right. But this could have been avoided if they packaged their items better to begin with...

Ford Bronco Bestop needs to package their shipments better... 3C438551-3ED3-4AF3-A61D-91F801B2422E

Glad you took pictures. If they decline the claim you have picture proof.

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I've learned to cover my ass haha.
AutoAnything's damage claim system required photos, so hopefully that'll help make the exchange a (relatively) painless process.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I've learned to cover my ass haha.
AutoAnything's damage claim system required photos, so hopefully that'll help make the exchange a (relatively) painless process.
Yah I'm sure they will. Just coming from a large eBay seller, picture proof is everything. Plus it makes it easier on them to file a claim with FedEx if that's what they're doing.

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is how the brake kit I got for my Chevy ll showed up. Company’s don’t seem to care much anymore 🤷

05BFAE96-02DC-4E4B-96D2-C6136F2621E6.jpeg

F496B187-D057-4AE8-B663-A3F53BC60BEC.jpeg

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still waiting to hear back from AutoAnything's damage claim department. Hoping they get back to me tomorrow...

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And this is why I buy ALL car parts using a credit card that has a very solid protection plan. If anything goes wrong, I contact them, and have them investigate. If the retailer/seller doesn't make it right, they'll do a chargeback and then you're not out your hard earned money.

JR

OP
OP
TS0323

TS0323

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
And this is why I buy ALL car parts using a credit card that has a very solid protection plan. If anything goes wrong, I contact them, and have them investigate. If the retailer/seller doesn't make it right, they'll do a chargeback and then you're not out your hard earned money.

JR
Agree completely! I'm glad I put this on my Amex since they're pretty good about that sort of thing.

Still waiting on a response from AutoAnything btw...I did confirm that they received my damage claim so hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

edit: AutoAnything just put in a replacement order for me -I’m supposed to hold on to the damaged shipment for 3 weeks in case FedEx reaches out. So seems like it’s getting worked out!
Sponsored

Last edited: