Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just thought I'd post some pics here since I have not seen anybody running the "safari" bimini yet - this one does not have the zippers/middle bar that the other Bestop version has - it's just a super clean, high visibility bimini.

This one fits like a factory product (no gaps, etc), installs super easy with clips and tightening straps, and has a premium build quality to it that you would expect from a brand like Bestop. The flapping at highway/freeway speeds is as minimal as I could imagine a bimini can be - definitely not terrible.

If you want to put your hardtop panels back on, it's pretty quick and easy to loosen the front two straps and the two bolts on the side grommet tabs (2nd pic below). You can actually roll the whole thing up and it fits between the rear hardtop cap and rollbar so you don't have to undo the rear straps and completely remove it every time. The only negative I found was with the hard plastic strap organizers that are included - I found those smack against the rear rollbar at higher speeds so I swapped them out for soft velcro strips which are easier to mess with anyways (see 3rd pic below).

I'm very happy with it thus far as somebody who wanted a simple, functional, and form-fitting bimini. It's a little pricey at $200 but I do think the quality/design is there to justify it.

Ford Bronco Bestop SAFARI Bimini Top Installed PXL_20230607_124917294.MP

Ford Bronco Bestop SAFARI Bimini Top Installed PXL_20230607_125000093

Ford Bronco Bestop SAFARI Bimini Top Installed PXL_20230607_125008562
Sponsored

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be interested in a follow-up where you post your thoughts about how much sun intensity it reduces, or in other terms, at what temperature on a sunny day do you start to get sun-baked. :) Utah summers are probably too hot for this, soI picked up a canvas top, but I'm thinking I might have three modes: hard top on, mesh top on, canvas top on.:)

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has the same problem as the one with zippers. That front edge isn't ridged and it's going to catch air, come up and divert air into the cabin, and flap like crazy. I ended up taking mine off and going JTops. It has a piece of flexible plastic on the leading edge that you tuck under so it can't come up and catch air then flap, plus it has Velcro down the entire length on both sides to help with flapling. Really happy with it.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has the same problem as the one with zippers. That front edge isn't ridged and it's going to catch air, come up and divert air into the cabin, and flap like crazy. I ended up taking mine off and going JTops. It has a piece of flexible plastic on the leading edge that you tuck under so it can't come up and catch air then flap, plus it has Velcro down the entire length on both sides to help with flapling. Really happy with it.
JTops for the win. Those buckle straps in the back are hideous. The front is all wavy too. Then again maybe the Bestop is cheaper?

Sponsored

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just installed mine earlier this week. it does fit well however I had to put some two sided velco on the front leading edge so it wouldn't flap around in the wind.

Eric Det

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JTops for the win. Those buckle straps in the back are hideous. The front is all wavy too. Then again maybe the Bestop is cheaper?
I first had the Bestop and returned it for the JTop. The JTop is way better. Both cut about 80% of the sun off of you.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How is it behaving on highway driving?
Mine is the one from Ford accessories. It flaps really loud above 60mph.
At 80 it sounds like to be about ripping off lol
Also when I fold the front portion back to put the top on, it sags a little bit.

Though normal suburb driving is fantastic. Block the sun going through the top my of sun glasses.
It also retains the raw, beefy look of the truck.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bestop from Ford accessories also has a flaw on the two door design. The metal support brace that spans across the roll cage has plastic pieces in each end. These plastic pieces accept the bolted on metal bracket. These plastic pieces fail from use. When you attempt to contact Bestop you hear nothing. Once you make contact and inform them of the failure under warranty, you hear nothing for months. Then one day a package arrives from them with the wrong part. Attempts to contact them about the error go unanswered. Then one day( this is closing in on a year) you get an email apologizing about not replying to the email you sent two weeks ago,” because I took off on Thursday and couldn’t read my email”. I strongly urge all of you to head o er to J Tops or some other maker. I provide Bestop multiple opportunities to rectify the failure. They failed to deliver. You have been warned.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

This is the safari version at 70 mph exactly. I don't think it's bad at all... not sure what people r talking about with front edge flapping crazy - It has 6 points of attachment along that edge. The audio in the vid is loud but in reality there is no extra noise vs. regular wind.

Obviously it's not gonna sit like a Jtop does... That's not really the point of something like this. It's a $200 simple Bimini. I get why people love jtops but many of us don't wanna spend that kind of money and/or live with the fugly Jtop Velcro all over the roll cage (again, I do understand its purpose and effectiveness) - just depends what is important to you.

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bestop from Ford accessories also has a flaw on the two door design. The metal support brace that spans across the roll cage has plastic pieces in each end. These plastic pieces accept the bolted on metal bracket.
I've also found that the rail is about 4mm too short which makes it a bear to install if you are by yourself.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is the safari version at 70 mph exactly. I don't think it's bad at all... not sure what people r talking about with front edge flapping crazy - It has 6 points of attachment along that edge. The audio in the vid is loud but in reality there is no extra noise vs. regular wind.

Obviously it's not gonna sit like a Jtop does... That's not really the point of something like this. It's a $200 simple Bimini. I get why people love jtops but many of us don't wanna spend that kind of money and/or live with the fugly Jtop Velcro all over the roll cage (again, I do understand its purpose and effectiveness) - just depends what is important to you.
Because they don't realize this is not the Ford version with all the stupid zippers, magnets, and cross rail. And the guy who glued velcro all over his Bronco thinks a few straps are ugly 😂

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd be interested in a follow-up where you post your thoughts about how much sun intensity it reduces, or in other terms, at what temperature on a sunny day do you start to get sun-baked. :) Utah summers are probably too hot for this, soI picked up a canvas top, but I'm thinking I might have three modes: hard top on, mesh top on, canvas top on.:)
It's hard to compare Northern Kentucky summer to Utah summer but it does exactly what I wanted .. takes the harshness away from direct sun, but still feels super breezy/open. I'd say it's about 1/2 way between full open sun blast and parking under a shade tree. I'm guessing canvas is prob a better bet for you but this could be worth a shot.

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you install the velcro for the JTops bimini correctly it is completely covered when you put the top on. Plus, you can put your hard top on over the JTops. You get what you pay for.

OP
OP
Black_Stallion13

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you install the velcro for the JTops bimini correctly it is completely covered when you put the top on. Plus, you can put your hard top on over the JTops. You get what you pay for.
Yes....we all know that but some of us (especially in moderate climates) don't want to run a bimini all the time which obviously would leave the hideous velcro visible.

I know its hard for the fanboys to understand but not ALL of us want a Jtop lol
Sponsored