First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Alright. So now I did watch it. I was curious about Section 15 (I think it was) with the Control Link. It's interesting that yours were labelled backward and mine seemed to have the heads on backward. I'd say maybe it was just my labels too but the parts seemed to fit perfectly by how they were labelled in my case--I just had to drive the screws in from the opposite side.

The instructions and parts were great otherwise so I can't really complain.

Anyway, love how you did the video with the section clearly labelled throughout. Great for reference!
Ya that’s interesting how you had to screw from opposite direction than the instructions. Mine were still driven from the correct side, but I had to flip the link around from end to end. With the way I installed it in the video (stickers pointing forward) it was obviously wrong. The top did not lay back all the way, and wouldn’t close all the way.
Sponsored

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya that’s interesting how you had to screw from opposite direction than the instructions. Mine were still driven from the correct side, but I had to flip the link around from end to end. With the way I installed it in the video (stickers pointing forward) it was obviously wrong. The top did not lay back all the way, and wouldn’t close all the way.
Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if maybe it was just my stickers were backward too and it might be easier to close the way you have it. I may re-evaluate them tomorrow. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hmmm. Now I'm wondering if maybe it was just my stickers were backward too and it might be easier to close the way you have it. I may re-evaluate them tomorrow. Thanks.
I was actually unsure if I did it right. There are many different ways you could install those. I sent these pics to Bestop support, and they verified I had it installed correctly, and apologized for the error.

1F6EF3CF-E132-478B-9614-D1B1B814EB61.jpeg
1C15F094-1A6E-47BA-8BA7-10E18C5760AB.jpeg
5FF63577-0D67-4265-B145-6BE089C1781A.jpeg
740A62E9-4750-45CE-98D5-332F4038C40E.jpeg
E3906590-7DFD-4E87-9032-35F8F853EFC5.jpeg
F59ACE5D-C688-421B-889D-3EB500B81963.jpeg
629E9657-1951-40A1-B907-EE12B75417D5.jpeg

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was actually unsure if I did it right. There are many different ways you could install those. I sent these pics to Bestop support, and they verified I had it installed correctly, and apologized for the error.

Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review by Owner ✅ 629E9657-1951-40A1-B907-EE12B75417D5
Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review by Owner ✅ 629E9657-1951-40A1-B907-EE12B75417D5
Yeah. Pretty sure my stickers were on the side that would be higher in your photos (opposite of where your stickers are). I'll still check tomorrow.

Thanks for the additional images and good to know Bestop verified that that's the correct orientation.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks like we installed them the same way. I left my stickers on because I was a little worried about it. I feel better seeing you ended up the same way I did (and verified it with Bestop).
Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review by Owner ✅ 1674340679084

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 Do you happen to know how heavy the package was when it arrived? I know FedEx and UPS usually list in in their shipment notification emails. I am in the process of moving and was going to have it shipped to my brother's place. I really don't want to have to ask him to move a box that's around 100 lbs for me. Any help on this would be amazing.

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Ksjrb03 Do you happen to know how heavy the package was when it arrived? I know FedEx and UPS usually list in in their shipment notification emails. I am in the process of moving and was going to have it shipped to my brother's place. I really don't want to have to ask him to move a box that's around 100 lbs for me. Any help on this would be amazing.
Yes sir. I checked the FedEx app and it has it listed as exactly 50.0 lb package. I carried it from porch to garage by myself, I would of guessed 40 lbs.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes sir. I checked the FedEx app and it has it listed as exactly 50.0 lb package.
You sir are a gentleman and scholar. Thanks for the quick reply (On a Saturday night too!)

Cheers! 🍻

Bigtw99

Base
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like we installed them the same way. I left my stickers on because I was a little worried about it. I feel better seeing you ended up the same way I did (and verified it with Bestop).
Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review by Owner ✅ 1674340679084
My stickers were wrong also, and when installed like bestop says the top wasn’t flush! All you need to know is the bend outward has to miss the side of the rear clamshell, it should not hit or be on top of that rear clamshell.

Bigtw99

Base
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know if there is a Bimini or shade that fits with the skyrider?

Sponsored

Cschorr

Base
First Name
Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 4Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base

I got the Bestop Skyrider - Black Twill version - installed a while back. When I was waiting for my Bronco delivery, I had every intention of purchasing a Sunrider to go with it. Then I got the Bronco, removed the top, and knew the Sunrider would not work for me. I needed a hybrid top over both rows of seats, not just the front. I sent many nice emails and suggestions to Bestop over the next 12 months, reminding them of the great opportunity the 4 door Bronco had for a double Sunrider. Finally, my patience was rewarded, and the Skyrider was born! Here is my review.

Installation

Installation is very straightforward and simple. The instructions are well organized and easy to follow, with good illustrations. The only tool needed Is a ratchet with T30, T40, and T50 bits. The parts are labeled well, and many are marked with arrows facing the front. BUT, as seen in my install video, I had one issue on step 15. The control link arms are labeled with the front facing arrows, but my labels were installed on the wrong end. Realized at a later point and was able to swap them around pretty quick. I was able to install the Skyrider by myself in about 2.5 hours. I could have easily done it in under 2 hours if I had seen a video first, and wasn’t filming my own.

Operation

The Skyrider is very simple to operate. There are two latches up front, a quick pop and release of the handle will release the spring loaded latch. Then you must exit the vehicle, grab one of the arms, and pull it back. The side rails have a spring resistance which keeps the assembly from moving freely, but it opens quick and easy enough. There are only two positions, fully open and fully closed. I tried my best to open the Skyrider from within the vehicle, but that simply is not possible. To close, simply grab an arm, push it forward, enter vehicle, and snap the two latches closed. Less than 10 seconds to open or close. A shorter person might have some trouble grabbing the arms, my wife is 5' 2" and it took her a few tries to find a method that worked for her, tippy toes involved. For reference I demonstrate in the video, and I am 6’ 0”.

Fit/Finish

The fit and finish are simply outstanding. It truly looks and feels 100x better than any top Ford put on the Bronco. No covered wagon flappy top here. In my video I demonstrate how tight the fabric is along the edge of rollbar, I can’t stick a fingertip in, unlike the OEM softtop that you can stick your hand in. You can bounce a T40 bit on this thing, and I do. The edge along the front header looks great. Sewn seams are straight as an arrow. The rear Halo was an ingenious solution to the problem the “notch” caused. I could not find one blemish, and I tried. The Twill fabric feels very thick and substantial.

Noise

There are two types of noise, wind and road. My hardtop was one of the insanely loud ones. It was my biggest complaint about the Bronco. I am thrilled to tell you the Skyrider is unquestionably quieter than my hardtop was, for wind noise. No whistling above my head. I can have Bluetooth phone calls on the highway now, which was impossible before. The Skyrider does let in a little more road noise, but not as bad as I expected.

My hardtop panels were also very chatty. All kinds of random creaks and squeaks and rattles. The Skyrider has eliminated all of those weird noises I was pretty sure were coming from the hardtop. What a pleasure to my ears. The only noise I’ve heard from the Skyrider was a "slap" of the trampoline tight top against the rear bow cross bar. I tightened down the flaps as tight as possible, and that has been all but eliminated.

Color

I know this is a popular topic for the Sunrider and Skyrider. Why doesn’t it match the MIC gray. This was my biggest hesitation, and after living with it a bit, it is a total non issue for me. It is not as dramatic difference as pictures or video can make it seem. Let’s be honest, the Bronco exterior already has 50 shades of gray going on, this doesn’t make it any worse. I have had many compliments on the top, so people have noticed. I will say, my Bronco looks awesome with a black top, which brings back the painful mod top memories....

Seasonal Use

Living in South Texas, there is no such thing as seasonal use, but I know many of you want to go back to the panels for winter etc. As you can see in the install video, you will need to remove some Skyrider rails, and reinstall the OEM brackets. If you want to store the Skyrider completely assembled, it would be a pretty quick removal process. 13 screws and the top assembly and front rails are removed. Reinstall two factory brackets, and remove the bracket from clamshell. I think it would take about 30 minutes to be back to hardtop panels. If you dont have space to store it assembled, the shipping box is high quality and would be great for storing away for the winter. I would expect complete disassembly to take about as long as initial installation.

Overall

I love driving my Bronco with the top off, I removed my entire hardtop at least once almost every weekend. This is a feature I used more than I ever imagined I would. Removing the panels was a bit of a chore, but nothing that would deter me from going topless. Having said all that, I am lazy at my core, so anything that makes my life easier has my attention. I’m also not getting any younger, and that middle panel seems to be getting heavier. Now I’m throwing the top back daily. The OEM soft top is a hard no for me, ugly as sin and I could not deal with the limited cargo access. My interest in the Skyrider is rooted in convenience, and it really delivers on that topless at any moment lifestyle, while keeping the practicality of the hardtop. And it looks amazing. 5 stars from me! Anyone need hardtop panels?
This is amazing, thank you! I’m sold for this for the Midwest spring and summer. Do you have to strap the top down at all when it’s open and when you’re driving?

OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is amazing, thank you! I’m sold for this for the Midwest spring and summer. Do you have to strap the top down at all when it’s open and when you’re driving?
Nope. Just fold it back and the tension on the bow will hold it back.

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if there is a Bimini or shade that fits with the skyrider?
I was just going to ask that question.

@Bestop_Team , can Skyrider be closed over the Access bimini?

Thanks

MontyMoose

First Edition
First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Road Glide, 2018 F-150, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was just going to ask that question.

@Bestop_Team , can Skyrider be closed over the Access bimini?

Thanks
I was wondering if it would work with my sunshade from @JTopsUSA, but based on their answer about other bimini tops, it looks like the answer is no. :cry:
Ford Bronco Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review by Owner ✅ Skyrider FAQ

TootieQuivers

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4DR Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went over the specs this weekend. It's a really cool product, but for $200.00 more I can just get the full soft top, which is the route I will go I think. Great write up on this!!!
Sponsored