Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t attest to the bronco version, but the version on my gladiator is great. No more noise than when I have the hard panels on. Maybe they haven’t got the bronco fitment nailed down yet?
Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team Any input on this wind noise with the Sunrider? I have a brand new one sitting in the box and I'm interested in understanding the issue.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team Any input on this wind noise with the Sunrider? I have a brand new one sitting in the box and I'm interested in understanding the issue.
Hi there!
You should not experience much wind noise. A soft top, in general, will be louder but if you have issues with your top please call us 800-845-3567 or send us an email at [email protected] and we can get this issue resolved.

- Eryn@Bestop

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had my eye on one of these, wasn't going to pull the trigger until at least spring so I guess I'll lurk and see if anyone else has this issue.

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update:

I adjusted the assembly rearward using the mounting bolts, and it made it tolerable, this got me thinking. The latch rotates down and rearward to secure. I adjusted the striker forward using the two bolts and that made it feel more solid upon latching. Striker mount bolts in red, the trim doesn't have to be removed, but it does make it easier, the clips to squeeze are circled in green. I loosened it enough that I could tap it with the ratchet to get it to move. Bolts are IP50 which comes in the Bronco tool kit.

I'm going to mess with the seal some to see if I can make it quieter, but it's much better.

Ford Bronco Bestop Sunrider Wind Noise PXL_20220114_015434294~2

Sponsored

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there!
You should not experience much wind noise. A soft top, in general, will be louder but if you have issues with your top please call us 800-845-3567 or send us an email at [email protected] and we can get this issue resolved.

- Eryn@Bestop
Thank you, @Bestop_Team Appreciate you responding and committing to resolve any issues. Sounds like it's time to open up that big box.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Give us a call if you need help with anything else! 800-845-3567

- Eryn@Bestop

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update:

I adjusted the assembly rearward using the mounting bolts, and it made it tolerable, this got me thinking. The latch rotates down and rearward to secure. I adjusted the striker forward using the two bolts and that made it feel more solid upon latching. Striker mount bolts in red, the trim doesn't have to be removed, but it does make it easier, the clips to squeeze are circled in green. I loosened it enough that I could tap it with the ratchet to get it to move. Bolts are IP50 which comes in the Bronco tool kit.

I'm going to mess with the seal some to see if I can make it quieter, but it's much better.

Any further update beyond what you did here? Did @Bestop_Team contact you to assist?

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update, I think it just doesn't clamp down enough comparing the factory soft top (1st pic) to the sunrider (2nd). The secondary seal on the inside barely contacts the top.

Nope, that was the solution, no CS needed.
Moving the strikers closed that small gap in the front of the top? I just installed mine and I’m dealing with wind noise entering

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Moving the strikers closed that small gap in the front of the top? I just installed mine and I’m dealing with wind noise entering
Two things helped:
1st: I pushed the entire assembly rearward as much as possible when tightening the mount bolts.
2nd: I moved the driver's side windshield header striker forward 1/8-1/4 inch. Your results may vary as there is significant space to move them around. Ultimately, the latch wasn't retracting the way it should, that's when I realized the striker was mispositioned relative to the soft top.

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things helped:
1st: I pushed the entire assembly rearward as much as possible when tightening the mount bolts.
2nd: I moved the driver's side windshield header striker forward 1/8-1/4 inch. Your results may vary as there is significant space to move them around. Ultimately, the latch wasn't retracting the way it should, that's when I realized the striker was mispositioned relative to the soft top.
Only the driver side? Passenger side did not need adjusting?
Thank you for the reply! I’ll try when I get a chance today. So the results did close that slight gap in the front where it meets the windshield?

OP
OP
Gloff

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Only the driver side? Passenger side did not need adjusting?
Thank you for the reply! I’ll try when I get a chance today. So the results did close that slight gap in the front where it meets the windshield?
Yes, in my case it was just the driver side. The way the Bestop latch is designed it gets tighter when you move the striker horizontally away from the latch

69BroncoX302

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15, 2021 First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting, my bestop trektop is quieter then my hardtop was.

Dalbus

Wildtrak
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco, Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm having the same issue on my Sunrider 4 door Wildtrak top. Its crazy loud and doesn't seem tight against the rubber gasket above the windshield.
Sponsored