First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had one of these on my Jeep gladiator. In my opinion the best item you can purchase. Plan on getting one for the bronco. Hope these items are addressed. I don’t want to fiddle with adjustments.

Reactions: LCW

Irideducs

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had one of these on my Jeep gladiator. In my opinion the best item you can purchase. Plan on getting one for the bronco. Hope these items are addressed. I don’t want to fiddle with adjustments.
Don’t hold your breath. But still worth the few minutes it takes to adjust in my opinion.

I just removed the Sunrider to put the front panels back on for winter and found that I had to move the plates back for the best fit on the hardtop. So the fiddling is just part of the seasonal process.

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just spoke to BT Customer Service yesterday and apparently the issue has been fixed. I've tried what Gloff and the others have suggested here, but the noise is still present :(

• Angry

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t hold your breath. But still worth the few minutes it takes to adjust in my opinion.

I just removed the Sunrider to put the front panels back on for winter and found that I had to move the plates back for the best fit on the hardtop. So the fiddling is just part of the seasonal process.
I just did the same thing and I need to move the plates back as well.

• Sad

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks to this thread I finally SILENCED my Sunrider :) THANK YOU!!

Moved the assembly back, moved the front latch plates forward and applied weather-stripping to the leading edge of the headliner.....Gone windy noises. It really is almost as quiet as the the Hardtop :)

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just installed my Sunrider today. I couldn’t close it all the way at first. Took off went through all the steps again and reinstalled. Was still hard to close but was able to get it and latch it. Now the hooks on the latch won’t clear to unhook and open. Took for a ride and it sounds like airplane it’s so noisy. Didn’t have any issue like this on my Gladiator. So frustrated. I don’t want to be adjusting anything on the Bronco so my panels will still go on as they were from the factory.

I emailed Bestop to see what they say.

I’m ready to return it.

Broncobreath

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just installed my Sunrider today. I couldn’t close it all the way at first. Took off went through all the steps again and reinstalled. Was still hard to close but was able to get it and latch it. Now the hooks on the latch won’t clear to unhook and open. Took for a ride and it sounds like airplane it’s so noisy. Didn’t have any issue like this on my Gladiator. So frustrated. I don’t want to be adjusting anything on the Bronco so my panels will still go on as they were from the factory.

I’m ready to return it.
That sucks, I loved it on my gladiator. I guess I have to second-guess purchasing one of these

dakeldani

Badlands
First Name
Danilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m ready to return it.
Did bestop replied back?

Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I’m ready to return it.
When you unlatch it hold the top down, that will allow the latches to clear. I had the same issue, I was a bit frustrated at first as well but now I just hold the top down, flip the latch and they open right up.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you unlatch it hold the top down, that will allow the latches to clear. I had the same issue, I was a bit frustrated at first as well but now I just hold the top down, flip the latch and they open right up.
Good tip. There are molded grab handles for this.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Installed my Sunrider on Sunday, thanks Gloff for the advice about adjusting the strikers, ended up adjusting both sides. It's hard now to tell if the wind noise is any better or worse than the HT panels which I guess is a good sign. Sunday was a beautiful day here in NC and I was driving around with the top open. Love the convenience of just being able to unhook and flip the top back and not futzing with the panels.

D0A5138A-7F0D-4611-B3FA-34BF868CFEF6_1_105_c.jpeg
me too....oh wait I have a soft top :)

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m returning it.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same here, after you do it a few times you hold the top down without evening thinking about it.
Sponsored