Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just curious, have you driven with the stock hardtop above 70MPH before? Reason I ask is because I have driven both and the hard top and trektop are about the same dB level on my 2 door. Both super noisy lol
Our 4 door isn’t very loud at all. I can keep the stereo volume at about 6 or so, hear the song playing and my daughter in the back seat talking at normal volumes.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you able to prop up the back section like the OEM version? How does that work for rear cargo access?
on the 2 door, you pull it out from the bottom and flip it over the top. Super easy and fast.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, have you driven with the stock hardtop above 70MPH before? Reason I ask is because I have driven both and the hard top and trektop are about the same dB level on my 2 door. Both super noisy lol
Of course, I started with the Hardtop on my 2 door, and the Bestop is way louder than my hard top (even before I modified it to be less noisy).

I suppose that it's a feature that I can't hear my girlfriend over the wind noise. However, she was semi-joking about getting aviation headsets (or fighter helmets) to hear each other.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our 4 door isn’t very loud at all. I can keep the stereo volume at about 6 or so, hear the song playing and my daughter in the back seat talking at normal volumes.
Ya, I can do that at 35.

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Installing mine this weekend! Can’t wait.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sucks to hear its louder than the hard top. I don't find the factory soft top on my wifes 4door that noisey but the hard top on my 2 door has some nasty wind noise and the dreaded whistle at speeds over 50.if its windy out and you are going 70 or more its loud and hard to have a conversation. I have a 67 bronco with a soft top, V8 and no insulation and the 2 door hard top is only a little better at highway speeds than the 67.

I was hoping the trek top would be an option but if its louder and cant fold all the way flat like the 4door factory top I am out. Looks like I will be making the mods to make my hard top better. Some other company or bestop needs to make a 2 door top that folds flat like the factory 4door top and is quiet like the jeep tops. Oh dam did I say that!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sucks to hear its louder than the hard top. I don't find the factory soft top on my wifes 4door that noisey but the hard top on my 2 door has some nasty wind noise and the dreaded whistle at speeds over 50.if its windy out and you are going 70 or more its loud and hard to have a conversation. I have a 67 bronco with a soft top, V8 and no insulation and the 2 door hard top is only a little better at highway speeds than the 67.

I was hoping the trek top would be an option but if its louder and cant fold all the way flat like the 4door factory top I am out. Looks like I will be making the mods to make my hard top better. Some other company or bestop needs to make a 2 door top that folds flat like the factory 4door top and is quiet like the jeep tops. Oh dam did I say that!
So, I love how the 2 door top folds, sure, it sits high, but folds all the way back.

I have a dB meter on the way to get a more quantifiable measurement of wind noise, but I know that it's north of 80 dB. Having a way to measure it will help both with measuring how bad it is, but also how much progress I make in reducing the issue. I should have the dB meter on Thursday.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course, I started with the Hardtop on my 2 door, and the Bestop is way louder than my hard top (even before I modified it to be less noisy).

I suppose that it's a feature that I can't hear my girlfriend over the wind noise. However, she was semi-joking about getting aviation headsets (or fighter helmets) to hear each other.
Lightspeed sierra headsets are what I use, and all you'd need beyond that is a Flightcom IISX portable. You can bluetooth the headsets to your phone or go line in to the intercom for music. Guarantee you won't hear wind or road noise, and would work great if you ever go full luxury prerunner mode...

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would only go with twill, the quality of the material is well worth the extra coin.
I will say this, the twill looks excellent and I have no complaints about fit and finish other than the noise.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lightspeed sierra headsets are what I use, and all you'd need beyond that is a Flightcom IISX portable. You can bluetooth the headsets to your phone or go line in to the intercom for music. Guarantee you won't hear wind or road noise, and would work great if you ever go full luxury prerunner mode...
I almost don't want to know what that will set me back, BUT, I bet it would be a sweet setup for prerunner mode.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you have the black twill or black diamond? I have the two door and looking for info.
I have the Twill and it looks great.

I would also agree it’s louder than the hardtop, especially in strong headwinds or side noise when passing trucks. If you’re a road warrior like @mpeugeot and drive 50K a year mostly highway, a soft top might not be a good fit. If you‘re mostly driving around town or backroads its not a problem at all.

Last edited:

Rolandfj40

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr FE, Camry
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ran this top on my 2 door last summer and loved it. I don’t have the noise you have though..

I will say this, the twill looks excellent and I have no complaints about fit and finish other than the noise.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking this will be the next mod I do, really starting to like the look of it on the 2 dr. I don't care about wind noise, I'll have the top retracted most of the time anyway.
Sponsored