Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did a few more upgrades and went to one of the nicest places by my area to see the sunset.. Water-Rock Knob -BR parkway.

C9F2DAEA-42AE-42DC-B8A6-090BE33564BB.jpeg

252ABFBE-E7FD-4FC3-AE09-A44DAC2FB3AB.jpeg

D88186B4-4D0A-43A6-AF0C-488BD5C51E56.jpeg

A4AEC431-F288-4450-9F68-3206CDA255CA.jpeg

7E61E3A5-3318-44E4-A799-957891704214.jpeg
Sponsored

Quicksilver98

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just installed the Trektop on my 2 Door Base Model. The 1.5 hour install time they estimate is for a professional. If this is your first time installing a soft top of any kind, allow 4 times as much time. It's a lot of parts and pieces and the fabric or vinyl is not stretched yet for the perfect fit. Also, I have the sunshade installed too. Cool thing is that is can remain in place and the soft top goes right over.

I also made a dolly for storing my hard top out of scrap aluminum frame, works well and allows me to move the hardtop around the garage as needed.

Soft top.jpg

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn't agree with you more.....and LOVE your Velocity Blue! :LOL:
Paid for the install directly on the Bestop site, at home install....definitely worth it!

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 279629323_5044706218912488_2738258059536975923_n (1)
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 20220512_131813 (1)

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know Iā€™m one of the select few that this would bother but after placing my order for the Trektop, I learned Bestop moved from the very suttle Bestop tag on the passenger rear of the top to ā€˜BESTOPā€™ with their logo boldly above the rear window of the top. All tops being manufactured now have this so if you recently ordered this is what youā€™ll be getting. Bestop acknowledged the images on their website and other vendors needed to be updated. Bestop stated they could not send it without the change and have a ā€˜logā€™ of customers who have called in complaining about the misrepresentation. I want my Bronco to maintain a factory appearance and I am not interested in having a top with BESTOP in big white lettersā€¦due to this along with the loss of being able to fold the top all the way back and remove itā€¦I am cancelling it.

I realize some may consider this a mute issue but wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the unadvertised change.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got a picture? Sounds horrid from your description.

Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I imagine a lot of people will end up either sending them back or breaking out a Sharpie. šŸ˜‰

Might be better if they could find a square black twill or vinyl patch and glue it on. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got a picture? Sounds horrid from your description.
I havenā€™t seen one in person yet but the rep from Bestop said it was around 6 inchesā€¦found this picture online. I just want a plain black top like the OEM without doing their marketing. Again the suttle tag with Bestop was fine but the bold and obvious name/logo ruins it for me.

C85CD10E-9FB2-4A86-AEC9-ECE4D23A60D8.jpeg

1BEF6E61-0229-45AF-882E-D88D65F4BEA3.jpeg

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just do not think Bestop is a good option for the 2D. I just think it looks weird when the top is all the way down and folded up high, and I did not know they had some cheap branding they were stitching into the windows as well. I am canceling my order and just hoping that someday they make some changes and I can buy a standard factory looking top that folds all the way up and down. It would not be near as bad if there was a decent bikini top for the Bronco, but not seeing anything decent at all.

toddtrain

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I guess I got lucky with the old tag. The install for this was horrid. I hope someone comes up with a video of the EASIEST easy to remove this turd on the fall. It does look good though

5E1D2450-B6EA-4BFF-9552-26CFE49A23A9.jpeg

Interior guy

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone wanna sell their factory soft top assembly and hardware ?

Sponsored

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I havenā€™t seen one in person yet but the rep from Bestop said it was around 6 inchesā€¦found this picture online. I just want a plain black top like the OEM without doing their marketing. Again the suttle tag with Bestop was fine but the bold and obvious name/logo ruins it for me.

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 5E1D2450-B6EA-4BFF-9552-26CFE49A23A9

Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 5E1D2450-B6EA-4BFF-9552-26CFE49A23A9
Yowza šŸ¤®
Glad I got mine when i did if this is really how they are making them now.
wonder if this is difference between twill and vinyl or whatever

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was my original concern as well. I can assure you though that from the cockpit it's actually better and more like having no top on. It is totally out of your line of vision from inside since it's sitting on top of the roll bar.
On the 2D trektop, is it possible to actually remove the top(canvas from the harness) decently easy? I think most Bronco owners are content with having the top half way down, but I would love to actually remove it and throw it in the garage on a clear day when I know I do not need it. Guessing that is not an easy option and would take 30 minutes..., but if there is a way to pretty easily unattach it from that frame let me know

Bucker

Base
First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Loving mine!

Agreed. I DID order the soft top, to avoid the additional wait of the hard top, almost certainly losing out on AMB. I still opted for the Bestop, and sold my factory soft top.

How much did you sell your soft top for? If you don't mind me asking.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My gas mileage improved over 1 MPG when I switched to the Bestop lol. I guess lower weight and slightly better pressure recovery with the fastback shape. Was getting 17ish before and now getting high 18s.
#placebo ā˜ŗ

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport