First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the look, but it looks like it sags some and can get in the way of the rear passengers? Is it a problem in your opinion?

E29A8A45-66F0-46E1-9268-BF8620439389.jpeg
Somewhere around the 9:30 mark in the video. Also if you end up using a Bimini top the sagging get's supported by the shade so not as noticeable
Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2D BL on order for a year, but I will want to take the top down all the time. I wish you could actually pull the top off the frame easily and quickly and throw it in the garage when you know you do not need it for that day, etc.

The biggest concern I have is that the top does not go all the way down on the 2D. It might be acceptable, but extremely hard to find pictures of the top all the way down without rear windows attached, etc. Someone just posted this the other day and I might get used to it, but would rather it just come down normally like it does on the 4D.

1655336310622.png

1655336686969.png

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...folded-down-and-doors-off.46049/#post-1457691
I just installed it on my 2 door last week and I think there might be a plus to it sitting up top like that which is easy to overlook. I think it acts kind of as a wind deflector for the front seats.

I was really surprised when I had the top back how little wind turbulence there was in the front seat. It was much less turbulent than when I'd drive with the entire top off, so I think the top sitting in the back like that could be the reason.

I definitely recommend it overall. Very very happy with it.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let me start by saying that I really did not mind my Ford Factory softop. I worked fine. However, I really liked the look of the Bestop and middle construction. Living in the NC mountains with snow and high winds, I wanted to have a top that was stronger. When I had the factory softop I only put it all the way back two times. I have no problems with the middle position. Here are some tips and pros / cons from switching tops.

Pros:
- Looks much better (windows / back )
- Less air noise
-No bars in truck area (hated them)
-Back window opens completely (VERY EASY)

Cons:
-assemble can be very challenging. Make sure you take your time with the screws and line them up perfectly. Do not use wrong screws. Two person job (trust me)
-harder to bring back to middle position (Still, not a problem for me)
-Does not go all the way back (But blocks back window- Problem for me)
-$1,800 to go from soft top to Bestop (For me it is worth it- still might not be for others)

Overall:
- I love this top. The look and how sturdy feel is enough for me. No regrets!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

8F79656E-362F-440F-979E-11E49565CDF2.jpeg

D0367858-5A3F-4722-86E4-70ECD05415D4.jpeg

647FBF00-75CB-496A-A4A5-7E1D13D4DB40.jpeg

C9C87D4B-57C8-480A-8236-AE196CAE0383.jpeg
Loving mine!
Count me in as a Bestop Trektop believer!

1655327051574.png

1655326985710.png

I can echo what some others have said.
  • It just looks so much better overall than the OEM top (IMO)
    • I love the fastback look (though I know others don't)
    • It has a better overall fit and finish
    • It looks and feels higher quality
    • It doesn't have the wavy windows
    • It doesn't have that saggy covered wagon look the OEM has
  • It's not hard to put together so long as you take your time. having an extra pair of hands helps
  • Easy to open and close.
  • I love that instead of a kick-stand-type mechanism that only allows you about 12" of additional access to the cargo area... the Trektop back window can easily fold up and out of the way to give you complete access to the cargo area.
  • I didn't like how the OEM blocked the rear view when fully back... but the easy fix there would have been just don't go fully back so it wouldn't have been a deal breaker.
  • I have noticed it is quite a bit noisier than my hard top. I've seen so many people say they are about equally quiet, but that is not the case in my case. Maybe the hard top without the sound-deadening liner is equally quiet to the Trektop, but the hard top with the liner is quite a bit noticeably quieter than the Trektop. I expected that (I've owned other convertibles so it's not a surprise).
  • And as someone else has mentioned... I'm getting about 1mpg better gas mileage from the Trektop than I was getting with the hard top. My 2.7L Sasquatched Badlands was routinely getting 19 with the hard top. Now I'm finding myself getting closer to 19.5-20 with the Trektop.
I'm sure it will be a bit of a pita to swap seasonally between the hard top and Trektop... but I can't imagine it taking more than an hour each time so 2 hours a year to have the best of both worlds... I'll take it. Had I ordered the soft top instead of the hard top... I'd still in a heartbeat swap it out with the Trektop. They each have their advantages, but I find those advantages of the Trektop (coupled with looks) far outweigh the looks and advantages of the OEM soft top.
Agreed. I DID order the soft top, to avoid the additional wait of the hard top, almost certainly losing out on AMB. I still opted for the Bestop, and sold my factory soft top.

20220415_172442.jpg

Sponsored

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sagging makes me go..hmmmm.!! My rear seat passengers will love this.! I know there are instructions for pulling this out, BUT, will it stay there with buffeting wind.? My OEM soft top with the IAG lift struts is the most practical set up. Cost and functionality considered. LOVE how I simply open the rear gate snap the two latches and the rear top lifts up by itself and stays there while loading stuff. Extremely easy "full down" to "full up" process.
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 783B0E98-ECBC-4EE0-B7F0-64FC3FA0C3ED

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sagging makes me go..hmmmm.!! My rear seat passengers will love this.! I know there are instructions for pulling this out, BUT, will it stay there with buffeting wind.? My OEM soft top with the IAG lift struts is the most practical set up. Cost and functionality considered. LOVE how I simply open the rear gate snap the two latches and the rear top lifts up by itself and stays there while loading stuff. Extremely easy "full down" to "full up" process.
Ford Bronco Bestop Trektop Slantback Soft Top (Replaced Factory Soft Top)- Great!! .. Love it!! .. but be careful.. Pros & Cons Review 783B0E98-ECBC-4EE0-B7F0-64FC3FA0C3ED
Agreed. That was the first time I went out. Pulled the fabric back and it was totally out of the way. Like several people mentioned already on this feed.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It only looks like that if you want it to look like that. Otherwise it takes 5 seconds more to open the back door and adjust the "fold". It folds back up under the rest of the top and sits between the weight of the top and the roll bar. If you just flip it back and don't take the few seconds to "properly fold" it. It will look like this. But it looks GREAT if you take the few seconds more to fold it properly.

TheCrow11

Wildtrak
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser, 2020 Chevy Tahoe midnight edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Jwwells62

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible 2019 Subaru Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It only looks like that if you want it to look like that. Otherwise it takes 5 seconds more to open the back door and adjust the "fold". It folds back up under the rest of the top and sits between the weight of the top and the roll bar. If you just flip it back and don't take the few seconds to "properly fold" it. It will look like this. But it looks GREAT if you take the few seconds more to fold it properly.
Takes more than 5 seconds for 1 person but you can definitely tuck and pull it to make it look better. My issue with Bestop is they market and cut video so that you have no idea on it till you own it.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I replaced my 4dr hardtop with the trektop for the warmer months and I LOVE it! Pretty much everything that I have read is spot on. One thing that nobody has mentioned, though, is the issue of access to the cargo compartment. With the hardtop, you can just open the tailgate and flip the rear window up. With the OEM soft top, from what I have seen, you can prop up the rear portion of the roof. I don't know how easy that is to do (never having the factory top), but it is doable. With the trektop, you can't do anything but remove the rear window. That said, it is easy to remove the rear windows, but if you want to load or unload groceries, you're gonna be leaning in through the tailgate. IMO it's a trade-off. I am willing to submarine for my groceries in exchange for sporting Bronco hair with the flip of two switches. Your mileage may vary, though!
I have the windows out of my Trektop, so I can't show it, but the rear window easily flips up and out of the way.

Just undo the sides of the rear window, then lift the tailgate bar and set it on the roof. The flexible window will lift up completely out of your way, allowing full access to the bed.... Much more access than propping up the OEM Soft top.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Takes more than 5 seconds for 1 person but you can definitely tuck and pull it to make it look better. My issue with Bestop is they market and cut video so that you have no idea on it till you own it.
For me... I've gotten my process down pretty quick. I unlatch the two latches, step out onto my side step, fold it back, and before I lay it fully down I tuck my head in through the back door, hold it up with my right hand and tuck it in with my left. It's all one motion for me and is quite simple and quick. For those who don't have the side step it might take a little longer than 5 seconds, but with that side step... it really is just that quick.

I noticed the sag the first time I flipped it back. Studied it for a bit, tried opening and closing it several times in a row until I got the motion and tuck down and now it just comes naturally.

Mayflower2010

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the look and the ease of use of the Bestop softop. My only complaint so far is that my windows have creases and small "dimples" in them. due to weather i haven't taken the windows out that many times and I'm extremely careful when I have, so not sure how this happened or if there is a easy fix.

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flipping it back is a little stiff the first few times, but now it flips back and closes with very little effort. I can step out on my rock sliders at a traffic light and have it flipped back in 30 seconds.

The sag, as others have mentioned, is quickly eliminated by tucking it toward the rear of the vehicle. Both sides tuck quickly. Someone mentioned that the top will train and tucking the fabric manually won't be needed. Mine must be untrainable. But really, the entire open and close process is much faster than the factory top in my experience.

It is marginally quieter than the factory top. It resists cross winds better. It is sleeker and tighter fitting than the factory top. Gas mileage improvement? No - haven't seen that. But I try my best to ignore gas mileage. :)
Sponsored