DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This top doesn't fold all the way down. It folds back as in the video and the sides/rear window come out. We know it can't fold back with the windows in because the side windows are semi-permanently attached to the C-pillar. We can also see in the video there is no lower hinge to fold the whole thing back even if the side and back windows are out.
Although the top looks better than the factory top, the fact that it does not fold all the way down and remains only in a “sun rider” position is a no go for me.
Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One apparent difference is that the factory top lays all the way down outside the rails, while the best top top lays down flat on top of the Rails. Users have reported that the factory top blocks Vision out the back window when it's laid all the way down. But the factory tops rear window is easier to use when loading cargo, or at least the two windows are designed differently for how you can stick stuff out your back window. They are two different designs and which one is better will depend on what you looking for. There's also the question of which is better made or will last longer, since vinyl will apparently age before twill. But to be fair the factory top is pretty cheap. Since my Bronco is still in purgatory I can't speak to any of this first-hand.
I have a JKU and when the top is all the way down you have to use the side mirrors (assuming the doors are on) to look behind you because the folded top obscures the view from the rear view mirror.

KKOSH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS, GT500, EXPEDITION, EXPLORER, EDGE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things that i dont like about this.
1. This system covers the painted roof rails with black mouldings. Takes away from the appearance of the vehicle when the top is back.
2. I dont like the look as well when the top is back as the standard one because it just sits on top of the vehicle and doesnt go behind the cargo area like the stock one.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting. I have the factory soft top but I love it so far. Much better than the soft top that I had on my 97 TJ Wrangler many years ago. And since it's August and hot I like the "safari" position shown here:

Ford Bronco Bestop TrekTop Soft Top & Bimini install (and hardtop removal) video by TFL IMG_1326

Ford Bronco Bestop TrekTop Soft Top & Bimini install (and hardtop removal) video by TFL IMG_1329

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like Bestop, but if you only have half the functionality of the OEM soft top (i.e., it doesn't fold all the way open), you can't really rave about how much better it looks - it is apple and oranges. I also don't care for the fastback look - this is a Bronco, you have to be true to the look.
I am sure when my OEM soft top needs replacement, I will look to Bestop, hopefully by then they will have fixed some of these design flaws.

And just to pile on, its not a Jeep (6:58). Either do it right when you shoot it or fix it in editing. You have to get your video production game out of the garage.

:)
I like the way it looks. I find the back of the 4 door a bit harsh, but the slight angle on the top really makes it more appealing to me. And I like it on the two door too. But to each their own. That’s why good to have a lot of options :)

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for posting. I have the factory soft top but I love it so far. Much better than the soft top that I had on my 97 TJ Wrangler many years ago. And since it's August and hot I like the "safari" position shown here:

Ford Bronco Bestop TrekTop Soft Top & Bimini install (and hardtop removal) video by TFL IMG_1329

Nice ride. Red looks great! Nice choice. This is one of the good bronco colours. You sir have good taste.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Although the top looks better than the factory top, the fact that it does not fold all the way down and remains only in a “sun rider” position is a no go for me.
Completely agree. Not sure why but when I see newer wranglers driving down the road with the roof sitting up high like that it looks like something went wrong. LOL. Windows look much better and quality but wouldn't be able to drive with that top hanging in the wind like that. At least for the factory top it's one more easy step to have it folded all the way back.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice ride. Red looks great! Nice choice. This is one of the good bronco colours. You sir have good taste.
Thanks my friend! Color selection was hard. I have 2015 Mustang GT in Ruby Red and didn’t want to get a similar color. I initially ordered A51 but changed to Rapid Red after seeing great pics of Bronco in this color and seeing some F150s.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does the word bimini pronunciation sync more with "trinity" or "bikini"?

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i'm a fan of this safari position

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this is a great video. But if you have a rattle like the MIC does and you do absolutely nothing via the dealer or the company to fix it, do not keep complaining about it. When they had problems with their Defender, they took it back to the dealer. Gotta throw the BS flag on this one.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the photo. Thats the first time I've had a chance to study the rear-most folding top support. Its got lots of bends and pivots to clear (go around) the rear roof support, so I can understand why Besttop tried to make something simpler. But it lays on top, unfortunately.

Does the rear soft top frame member rub or scratch the red roof support? Is there a scratch pad in there? Does it feel sturdy enough to you? My plan from the start is to have two tops, the MIC for off season, the Soft for Summer (hard to define in Coastal SC).

TonyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the bimini cover fit under the hard top or would it have to be removed before reinstalling the top?

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One apparent difference is that the factory top lays all the way down outside the rails, while the best top top lays down flat on top of the Rails. Users have reported that the factory top blocks Vision out the back window when it's laid all the way down. But the factory tops rear window is easier to use when loading cargo, or at least the two windows are designed differently for how you can stick stuff out your back window. They are two different designs and which one is better will depend on what you looking for. There's also the question of which is better made or will last longer, since vinyl will apparently age before twill. But to be fair the factory top is pretty cheap. Since my Bronco is still in purgatory I can't speak to any of this first-hand.
The factory top lays down on the rails in the first open position, too. Was wondering if the Best Top at a second "all the way down" second position like the factory top. Got my answer to that, thanks.

Yes, the quality of the material and ability to lift the back of the top when accessing the storage area were going to be my next questions. So which top is vinyl and which is twill?

If the Best Top soft top can't be lifted in the back, that's a đź‘Ž in my book. Maybe the overall quality might make up for that, but more access to the storage area is a good thing.

Frankly, the factory top blocking the rear view mirror when lying all the way back doesn't matter much to me. I've had stuff stacked up in the back of the Expedition, Explorers and Edge I've owned that blocked the rear view, too. Just a trade off. Plus, the side mirrors seem more than adequate, and I've read that a couple of Velcro straps to compact the top when lying down helps.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the bimini cover fit under the hard top or would it have to be removed before reinstalling the top?
I don't know firsthand, but I'm guessing that you wouldn't be able to access the hardtop release latches with the Bimini top on...
Sponsored