Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, but gotta wonder why they didn't answer questions like retail prices, and whether the soft top can be laid all the way back down like the factory soft top. Yes you can take the windows out, but does it lay all the way down?
It’s a Ford accessory. I don’t think Best top can sell direct to consumers yet.
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TFLtruck (or anyone who has the Trektop already)- Have really enjoyed your videos and was really excited to hear about this one in particular as I have been wanting to see the TrekTop in action. There were a couple of areas I was hoping you would cover, but unfortunately did not, and am hoping you can address.

- How easy/quick is it to detach and flip up the back window to have full access to the rear? I do not think the factory soft top lift ability will be high enough for maneuvering my bikes in, so need full height for convenience).

- I want to go with MIC top for colder months and Soft top for warmer - am presuming that ALL of the soft top hardware has to be removed to go back to the MIC, including the seals. Can you confirm this?

- The factory soft top requires you to lay the back and side window flat which makes keeping them with you (in case of changing weather) difficult. Do the Bestop windows allow you to roll them up in a more compact way (presuming a protective sandwich layer)?

Thanks!

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I suspect the clicking TFL noticed could have been fixed with a tiny shot of silicon spray. But there's no reason to fix that when you can get a free top from a sponsor.
Tommy commented on this in another thread when someone else made the same suggestion. They tried silicone, and it had no effect on the sound.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly this Bestop IS NOT an improvement over the factory top unless you wanted seamless integration with the Bimini or the slightly wavy Ford windows bug you.

The installation is very intrusive, it doesn't look any better minus the windows, and it doesn't have the same functionality of the factory ST.

All the people barking about how "bad" the factory soft top is might just realize how many tradeoffs and compromises need to be made to accomplish a certain goal. This aftermarket top doesn't offer enough value yet to outweigh the OEM option from my perspective.

Also - this top will most likely still not be enough to sway people who are willing to wait for MIC 2.0. They're really not comparable solutions.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly this Bestop IS NOT an improvement over the factory top unless you wanted seamless integration with the Bimini or the slightly wavy Ford windows bug you.

The installation is very intrusive, it doesn't look any better minus the windows, and it doesn't have the same functionality of the factory ST.

All the people barking about how "bad" the factory soft top is might just realize how many tradeoffs and compromises need to be made to accomplish a certain goal. This aftermarket top doesn't offer enough value yet to outweigh the OEM option from my perspective.

Also - this top will most likely still not be enough to sway people who are willing to wait for MIC 2.0. They're really not comparable solutions.
I agree with that and also think MIC is a tradeoff for the mod top I really want.

Sponsored

TFLtruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Gladiator, Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@TFLtruck (or anyone who has the Trektop already)- Have really enjoyed your videos and was really excited to hear about this one in particular as I have been wanting to see the TrekTop in action. There were a couple of areas I was hoping you would cover, but unfortunately did not, and am hoping you can address.

- How easy/quick is it to detach and flip up the back window to have full access to the rear? I do not think the factory soft top lift ability will be high enough for maneuvering my bikes in, so need full height for convenience).

- I want to go with MIC top for colder months and Soft top for warmer - am presuming that ALL of the soft top hardware has to be removed to go back to the MIC, including the seals. Can you confirm this?

- The factory soft top requires you to lay the back and side window flat which makes keeping them with you (in case of changing weather) difficult. Do the Bestop windows allow you to roll them up in a more compact way (presuming a protective sandwich layer)?

Thanks!
Hey thanks for watching! The back window operates the same as the factory Wrangler top. It is held in position on the sides by a plastic guide rail and you peel it (detach) off the rail from both sides and then fold it up to access the trunk. I personally find it more convenient than the Webasto clamshell on the factory top because it offers access to the whole rear end, not just 18 inches of upwards travel (or however much it is) like the factory soft top. It does take a little longer though than the two quick releases on the Webasto.

They told me the seals can stay where they are at when you go to replace the MIC, but I will have to confirm to be sure. Really not that many added per instruction. Interestingly enough there is a bracket on the top of the sports bar on the factory MIC that stays where its at so its not too much hardware removed. I had this same top on a JK a while back and ran it 4 seasons here in Colorado. The material is THICK.

All three rear windows come out, just like wrangler so you can do that "pagoda" look. They are held in using the same rail track system.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey thanks for watching! The back window operates the same as the factory Wrangler top. It is held in position on the sides by a plastic guide rail and you peel it (detach) off the rail from both sides and then fold it up to access the trunk. I personally find it more convenient than the Webasto clamshell on the factory top because it offers access to the whole rear end, not just 18 inches of upwards travel (or however much it is) like the factory soft top. It does take a little longer though than the two quick releases on the Webasto.

They told me the seals can stay where they are at when you go to replace the MIC, but I will have to confirm to be sure. Really not that many added per instruction. Interestingly enough there is a bracket on the top of the sports bar on the factory MIC that stays where its at so its not too much hardware removed. I had this same top on a JK a while back and ran it 4 seasons here in Colorado. The material is THICK.

All three rear windows come out, just like wrangler so you can do that "pagoda" look. They are held in using the same rail track system.
Many thanks! I was hoping they would do this one like the ultra trektop and take the extra fold down, but it still seems like what I want vs the other.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would like to see a video of you guys taking off the soft top and putting on the hard top. Maybe when it gets colder, you'll do one. :) This would be helpful to see how much time and effort will be needed switching between the two every spring/fall.

stuston

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, 7.3L Excursion, Multiple TDI's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frankly, the factory top blocking the rear view mirror when lying all the way back doesn't matter much to me. I've had stuff stacked up in the back of the Expedition, Explorers and Edge I've owned that blocked the rear view, too. Just a trade off. Plus, the side mirrors seem more than adequate, and I've read that a couple of Velcro straps to compact the top when lying down helps.
I sit high, and the factory soft top only blocks about half my view. The spare blocks 2/3 of what I need to see while driving anyway. The backup camera is there for the rest. It really isn't a problem.

we are a funny species. I mean the level of expectations, thinking and rethinking and overthinking going on is bananas. stuff and more stuff on something that had an appeal for being removed in the first place. I found a Bimini that is easier to install when I put the top down - it's a fabric piece that has some holes on top for breathability and a lid to protect your face from the sun. it's dope I put it on and take it off at will. I even have more than one. When my top is pulled back, the bronco looks kinda silly but I'm driving it from inside the truck so I dont have to look at it. I try not to get too embarrassed by what it looks like to the stranger walking down the street.

OK light me up.
Damn skippy. I don't know why people come here just to complain.

I think the best solution and the one I wanted is keep the hardtop and put a Sunrider top up front. In this case, it would likely cure the clicking noise issue, allow the top to easily be opened as with the TrekTop and also keep full access to the cargo area that the TrekTop makes difficult.
I wanted a 'convertible', and I'm enjoying the OEM soft top. However, it think that a hybrid option may work better in many cases -especially those that think they need the added warmth or security of the hard top at times.

They really don't have to be that flat. This isn't that difficult, at least not as difficult as people make it out to be. They're going to get scratched, this is an offroad vehicle.

I hate to sound like a Bronco fanboy here, but I think the BestTop looks like garbage. I like my OEM softtop way better. The only thing I don't like is the way the rear window works (or doesn't). The BestTop doesn't improve on anything IMHO, and the hardware looks sketchy as hell compared to the OEM top. If you like it, more power to you. I just don't understand all the people trashing my top, I like it.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Visually, I think that looks great.
With the amount of work required to install it, I almost wonder if anyone will put their other top back on. These are durable enough, where you do not need to.

The fact that you can run the bimini with it, is also cool.
Sponsored