Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜88 911,ā€˜15 Chevy 2500, ā€˜24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the Bestop for the fastback look and it's rear quarter windows versus the factory soft-top rear quarter windows with their permanent wrinkles look like they belong on a 1974 MGB.
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Customer input after reading responses. First, this top looks great, love the fast back appearance and the excellent windows.

1. I struggle to see the value of pulling the MIC clamshell. The small incremental value of being able to remove the windows isnā€™t enough to pull the entire top off and replace the seals each time. Iā€™d just assume leave the MIC clam shell and buy a cheaper bikini top that folds back to the same position.

2. Add an integrated Bimini like sun shield that can be rolled or sipped back to the larger top when flipped open. Now, I could go from covered, to fron half open with some shade to wide open all with one solution.

just my thoughts

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Customer input after reading responses. First, this top looks great, love the fast back appearance and the excellent windows.

1. I struggle to see the value of pulling the MIC clamshell. The small incremental value of being able to remove the windows isnā€™t enough to pull the entire top off and replace the seals each time. Iā€™d just assume leave the MIC clam shell and buy a cheaper bikini top that folds back to the same position.

2. Add an integrated Bimini like sun shield that can be rolled or sipped back to the larger top when flipped open. Now, I could go from covered, to fron half open with some shade to wide open all with one solution.

just my thoughts
Yeah, I agree on not removing the clamshell. I will probably never take that thing off.

For the 2-door, I'm going to add the Bestop front-row-only retractable soft top. I'll leave the panels on through the winter and garage them in the summer, replacing them with the Bestop.

After watching this, I'm seeing where a bimini for the front row only would also be nice for the shade. Don't see that in the B&P yet.

Gamecock2010

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealerā€™s demo unit was a factory soft top, and then one of the salesman had the Bestop for his Bronco. So I can answer some of these.

You can switch back and forth, but itā€™ll probably take a good 15 minutes or so, and youā€™ll probably want to replace the seals every season.

It took the saleman and I a good 30 minutes to figure it out, but it was our first time and we spent a lot of the time talking about the quality/materials

We didnā€™t have the Bimini, so canā€™t say for certain. But after watching the TFL video, my hunch is the answer is no.

If you can, itā€™ll be a rather tight fit.

I think the Bestop windows are MUCH better than the factory windows. That said, the factory windows have to be a little less ā€œstiffā€ by design to accommodate the clamshell/kickstand feature.

The Bestop doesnā€™t have anything like the kickstand/clam shell feature on the factory top. So if you want to load anything you have to unfasten & flip up the rear window like a more traditional soft top.
super helpful. thanks for the insight. I would be fine with a more traditional soft top opening in the rear if it made the back quarter windows better. Overall, its all tradeoffs and I think both have good and bad.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the factory top and I like putting it all the way down. Yes it does partially block the view from the rear, but that has caused me no problems at all since there is a rear camera for backing up.
Plus with the top all the way back, you're not catching wind and bugs (on the inside of the top, no less).

I was seriously considering this top, but I'll have to see if it can fold all the way back on the two-door before I commit. There used to be a canvas bimini listed, but it disappeared before ordering and now only the mesh top shows, which is a bummer.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is a great video. But if you have a rattle like the MIC does and you do absolutely nothing via the dealer or the company to fix it, do not keep complaining about it. When they had problems with their Defender, they took it back to the dealer. Gotta throw the BS flag on this one.
I agree . And to this point . . . did Ford SPECIFICALLY indicate that the squeaks, pops and rattling will be addressed in newly designed and sourced MIC? All I kept hearing about was appearance. I will not be able to live with ANY top that makes noise as featured in this video. I do not want a soft top and a constantly popping or rattling hard top is a no-go for me!

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree . And to this point . . . did Ford SPECIFICALLY indicate that the squeaks, pops and rattling will be addressed in newly designed and sourced MIC? All I kept hearing about was appearance. I will not be able to live with ANY top that makes noise as featured in this video. I do not want a soft top and a constantly popping or rattling hard top is a no-go for me!
Fortunately, I have not heard of the snap-crackle-pop syndrome from any other source including the members of B6G who have taken delivery thus far of the MIC. Fingers crossed.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this is a great video. But if you have a rattle like the MIC does and you do absolutely nothing via the dealer or the company to fix it, do not keep complaining about it. When they had problems with their Defender, they took it back to the dealer. Gotta throw the BS flag on this one.
I get the feeling this video was more of a sales ad for Bestop. :)

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ā€˜21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

we are a funny species. I mean the level of expectations, thinking and rethinking and overthinking going on is bananas. stuff and more stuff on something that had an appeal for being removed in the first place. I found a Bimini that is easier to install when I put the top down - it's a fabric piece that has some holes on top for breathability and a lid to protect your face from the sun. it's dope I put it on and take it off at will. I even have more than one. When my top is pulled back, the bronco looks kinda silly but I'm driving it from inside the truck so I dont have to look at it. I try not to get too embarrassed by what it looks like to the stranger walking down the street.

OK light me up.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, but gotta wonder why they didn't answer questions like retail prices, and whether the soft top can be laid all the way back down like the factory soft top. Yes you can take the windows out, but does it lay all the way down?
It does not go all the way down. Biggest draw back.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So - am I interpreting this correctly? If you swap between soft top and hardtop you need to replace adhesive seals around the rear cargo area? Seems like an awful lot of extra parts/bolt-ons to deal with for the soft top experience - I guess I just assumed it was a reasonably quick swap and this video did not make it seem so.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wonder how the back opens on bestop?
There's a video around someplace. You need to remove the window panels. It doesn't lift like the Ford soft top does.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
we are a funny species. I mean the level of expectations, thinking and rethinking and overthinking going on is bananas. stuff and more stuff on something that had an appeal for being removed in the first place. I found a Bimini that is easier to install when I put the top down - it's a fabric piece that has some holes on top for breathability and a lid to protect your face from the sun. it's dope I put it on and take it off at will. I even have more than one. When my top is pulled back, the bronco looks kinda silly but I'm driving it from inside the truck so I dont have to look at it. I try not to get too embarrassed by what it looks like to the stranger walking down the street.

OK light me up.
Huh?? Sounds like you are just talking about a baseball cap. :ROFLMAO: Hard to imagine what you are referring to . . . have photos?
Sponsored