John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Would look a lot better if it would go all the way down in the back if it doesn't go all the way down what's the point of having it
Agreed! And wait until someone tries pulling into a standard size garage and it gets ripped off. Not making fun, just warning people. I did that with my Ford soft top in the 1/2 way position. It wasn't pleasant. Now I only keep the top all the way down or all the way up.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious as to how easy it is to swap between hard and bestop soft tops? From the video I saw seems like there’s a lot of little parts and brackets with the bestop. Would you be able to leave those on when the hardtop goes back on?
Yeah, that install video was nuts. Especially because the OEM top is just six bolts.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve been thinking about getting this top for the warmer months. I’m so glad I didn’t get the twill through Ford accessories. Nice $620 mark up through Ford haha, $1,700 is much easier to digest than $2,319.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading reviews on the Jeep tops I found one reviewer who explained the quality difference nicely. Ford/Jeep is going to put on a top that is the quality you would expect from a mainstream auto manufacturer because they are mainstream auto manufacturer. Bestop is going to give you a top of the same level of quality as you would see on a luxury manufacturer. So its like comparing the soft top on a Mustang Convertible vs. a convertible made by Mercedes or Audi.
That doesn't make sense because OEM Jeep tops are made by Bestop

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That doesn't make sense because OEM Jeep tops are made by Bestop
Yes, but do they use the same quality of materials in the OEM tops vs. the aftermarket tops?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really can't fathom how/why people are buying stuff before they even get their vehicle. Seems like a waste of money/time to have something sitting their waiting when you have no idea when you'd get your actual vehicle.
My vehicle is on the train... So one might assume that it should be in short order. It's better than my vehicle getting here next week and finding out today that soft tops are not even going to be available until the end of December.

Anyway, when my Bronco shows up, I won't have to wait on stuff to show up and I will have it set up just like I want by the end of the week it arrives. I just hope putting the soft top on mine won't void the engine warranty. ;) Plus I already know that the chances are very high that the hard top will be defective on arrival.

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm.....not feeling it. I like Bestop stuff, but these aren't working for me.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the reply I might get the slant back one of my mic top is shit but what I really wa t forget the name of the company but they are making a slant back hard top should be out in 22 just waiting for price before I decide. Best case scrnerio is I get a mic 3.0 but I have no faith in that top
I believe the maker of the hard top fast back was Patriot Fastbacks.

Sponsored

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone here tell me if Bestop bimini is the best or there are other manufacturers that have better solutions for a 2 door bimini top? Thank you!

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why replace the MIC clamshell? Seems like the design everyone will want IS the front half of the fastback model fit up to the MIC. Then I can just swap out the front three panels every spring and never touch or have to store the MIC clam shell.

not a fan of the sunrider that only covers the front row.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like the design everyone will want IS the front half of the fastback model fit up to the MIC.
If by everyone, you mean "you", then okay...I'll give you that. I would have no intererst in that type of half baked solution. I either wan the top all the way back / off, or all the way on.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by everyone, you mean "you", then okay...I'll give you that. I would have no intererst in that type of half baked solution. I either wan the top all the way back / off, or all the way on.
Knock yourself out there tiger. You essentially said both designs are half measures so you’re not getting one either. My point is they have a one panel sunrider when everyone wants it to retract over both panels, OR a top that goes all the way down. Both tops miss the mark.
Sponsored