First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What's the difference? If I get the vinyl (black diamond), will I be disappointed?
Sponsored

Joer

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bunch of BMWs, M5, 135i, x5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m trying to make that same decision. I only planning on swapping on the soft top for the summer so maybe I can get away with the black diamond, but my gut is telling me to cough up the extra dough and get the higher quality one.

For what it’s worth in every thread I found about the subject on the Jeep forums most people seem to think it’s well worth the extra money for the higher quality material.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bought the twill when I got Bestop for my Jeep. Very glad I did. Quality material!

Reactions: LCW

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the twill

It’s quality stuff. Only downside is it might be harder to intially put on. I just installed my trektop today and you really have to fight the windows to get them to snap in place. Because the twill is a much sturdier product it might make it much harder to stretch the windows into place

Also if you do get the trektop listen to everyone’s suggestion and get new hardware from ace or something. I just barely managed to wrench them on in some places without stripping them. Makes me rethink seasonal hard top