First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 F150, 2x4, SB, L6, 5spd; '07 Liberty 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The instant torque available from electric motors is too enticing to be ignored in off-road vehicles for much longer. We'll all see how it actually pans out in the 4xe though. And the Rivians. Tank turn anyone?
Yes, I think Rivian's tank turn makes Bronco's Trail Turn Assist look like a 'next best thing' kind of solution. Don't get me wrong, I REALLY like Bronco and am glad they did the Trail Turn Assist. Hopefully, the Bronco will be too successful not to electrify.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that coal gets a worse wrap than it deserves. It's like people think that those plants are just an open burn barrel or something. I used to live across the lake from a nuke/coal combo plant. People commented that it heated the water up too much for the fish, but the lake was built AS A RADIATOR for the plant, lol. I want electric and believe it is coming, but I'm not going to try to pin an eco-hero badge on it or anything.
Agree also, coal is burning pretty clean now, and natural gas ..well even better.

At this point however, when comparing the average 10 pump gas station taking an average of 3.5 minutes to fill a tank, it would take a parking lot the same size as Walmart to handle the same amount of cars charging for 30 min to full (Which is not available at the moment)

Because there are so few electric plug- in vehicles at the moment it works, but if scale is reached, even if full charges can be accomplished in 15 min..would be a cluster. California is already having blackouts for a week or more for powerplant shutdowns ..the electric car owners were screwed. When more and more electric cars hit the system, brown outs will be even more common.

I see this more as a novelty than something we will move towards in the future.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
California is already having blackouts for a week or more for powerplant shutdowns ..the electric car owners were screwed. When more and more electric cars hit the system, brown outs will be even more common.
Not sure where you are getting your information but that's not accurate

The states not perfect but your statement above is pure fiction
Sponsored