First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would imagine by providing the VIN they can accurately determine what batch this build was in and exactly who was working on this part of the build at that exact time.
Sponsored

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would imagine by providing the VIN they can accurately determine what batch this build was in and exactly who was working on this part of the build at that exact time.
If the line control system is any good, it would ensure things like this are either finished (tightened), or it would flag the vehicle as non-conforming so it could go to the repair bay to be resolved. I’ve worked as a manufacturing engineer for 18 years supplying Ford and GM with various assemblies. A lot of time and money gets spent up front to ensure defects never leave the plant, but when there are assembly issues you live and die by the guy working in your repair bay.

My bet is that is where this one was missed.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Several folks are reporting a clunk in the rear when releasing the break pedal, wonder if this could be related? I have the rear end clunk but no vibration at highway speeds, I'll check mine anyway to be sure.
Not to go off topic but is there a thread/resolution for this? I think I am experiencing this now at 5k miles

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to go off topic but is there a thread/resolution for this? I think I am experiencing this now at 5k miles
There is a thread, don't think any resolution yet.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So we basically have to check every bolt and electrical connections...wtf! You seriously just have to laugh at this point😂

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had a problem with loose driveshaft bolts? Four days and 400 miles after I (finally) picked up my Bronco Base, I started to notice a slight vibration in the drivetrain. At first I speculated it was caused by the 33's mud terrains I had just put on or maybe the lug nuts needed tightening. Checked that and NOPE. About 40 miles into the slight vibration I heard a loud bang in the undercarriage. I stopped and crawled under the Bronco and found all the driveshaft bolts either loose or GONE (see pic). I did find one bolt laying on the road that caused the loud bang when came off and hit the underside of the body. Needless to say, after 4 days and 440 miles, my bronco is on the back of a tow truck on its way to the dealer. We will see what they have to say.

I searched the forums and didn't find any mention of anyone else having loose driveshaft bolts, so I am hoping this is an isolated incident. Maybe someone at MAP had a bad trip the night before and just forgot to torque them down? Anyway, I am glad I caught it when I did because I doubt that driveshaft would have stayed together much longer and THAT would have made my day a lot worse. I did see where the Transit Connect van recently had a recall for a similar issue with driveshaft bolts.

So if you start hearing or feeling a slight unidentified vibration on your Bronco, make sure to check your driveshaft bolts. Heck, check them now just to be safe. It wasn't much of a vibration, so beware.

UPDATE: So my dealer just sent me a nice inspection video showing the missing bolts as seen in my original post pic. He also said the flange on the rear differential is damaged as well as the flange on the driveshaft. They are ordering a new differential flange and new driveshaft and hardware. Of course, everything is on back order. They put in an “emergency” request. CRAP!
@Kickit

OP
OP
ApolloU

ApolloU

Base
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
FINAL RESULTS: My dealer's service department pulled a major rabbit out of their hat by “procuring” the needed driveshaft and parts from Ford via the “It's who you know” supply chain (i.e. It pays to live near MAP). My Bronco was ready to roll less than a week after the incident. So, in the end, they took good care of me. Now keeping fingers crossed there are no more surprises like this one.

GSD

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very interesting. I took my Bronco in for an oil change and rotation and they told me I had an axle seal leak. I had to wait 6 weeks for them to get me in and get a loaner. I did notice after the rotation that it shook a lot over 70mph. I took it in to fix and pointed out that they need to balance the tires. 10 days later and I am waiting on the drive shaft bolts to come in. They said they are back ordered. Part # JB3Z 4B496 B. Suppose to arrive tomorrow.
I have a Mar '22 build and went in for 7500 oil inspection and had the same thing - rear driver side axle leaking oil. They tell me that they need to replace the axle. They ordered the axle and went to replace the old one and found that the part is too short. What is going on at Ford?
Sponsored