First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
540i, Rubicon, Bronco, TRX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all! Finally received my 2 door white Outer Banks. I originally ordered a Wildtrack with Sasquatch but wanted to personalize it and liked the painted fenders so I switched to the Outer Banks. The stock tires are surprisingly tall, but narrow. I like the look of 33x12.5 tires on the 2 door and want white letters out so that limits my choices a bit. The closest thing to a 33" tire on a 17" wheel that fits my wants is the BFG KO2 in a 305 65r 17 size. Has anyone tried that size as I can't find any threads with pics or discussions? I've seen 275's and 285's, which look great, but I want a little more width. I also want to keep the crash bars as my wife will be driving it too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You won’t be able to fit those tires without removing the crash bars unless you plan to at least put a level kit on. I put 295/70R17 KO2s on mine and had to remove crash bars, especially the rears as they rubbed the most.
I’m assuming your Outer Banks is non-squatch?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In addition to the very possible crash bar rub you will also be extremely close to rubbing the upper control arm if using the 305s on the stock OB wheels.

bronK1TT

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium w/ Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The closest thing to a 33" tire on a 17" wheel that fits my wants is the BFG KO2 in a 305 65r 17 size.
Aren't the OBX wheels 18's?

OP
OP
JAricB

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You won’t be able to fit those tires without removing the crash bars unless you plan to at least put a level kit on. I put 295/70R17 KO2s on mine and had to remove crash bars, especially the rears as they rubbed the most.
I’m assuming your Outer Banks is non-squatch?
Yes, my OB is a non-squatch. Your experience is exactly what I'm looking for! Your tires "measure" 33.3" in height and the size I'm considering are 32.6". In your opinion, with those measurements, will they fit w/o removing the bars?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JAricB

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Aren't the OBX wheels 18's?
Yes, but I'm getting different wheels also. Probably a 17x8.5 in a +20 offset. I like a little "poke".

OP
OP
JAricB

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In addition to the very possible crash bar rub you will also be extremely close to rubbing the upper control arm if using the 305s on the stock OB wheels.
I'm going to get aftermarket wheels in a 17 with less offset (17x8.5 +20 ish).

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but I'm getting different wheels also. Probably a 17x8.5 in a +20 offset. I like a little "poke".
Oh, if you're getting a +20 offset rather than the stock +55 then you can probably avoid the crash bars as long as you stick close to 33"

If you want a wider tire, 305/65R17 is basically about as wide (12") as you are going to be able to get on All-Terrain tires that are around 33". There are a handful here and there but not a whole lot of choices.

If you are willing to do mud-terrain... Milestar Patagonia M/T has a 33x12.5R17 tire with white lettering... and I'm sure there are others. The downside is you'll be reaching a point where you'll start sacrificing snow/ice performance by going with a wider tire.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, my OB is a non-squatch. Your experience is exactly what I'm looking for! Your tires "measure" 33.3" in height and the size I'm considering are 32.6". In your opinion, with those measurements, will they fit w/o removing the bars?
In my opinion, your tires won’t clear the back bars. They might be ok in the front. My rims are 17x8 with 0 offset and the tires rubbed the fronts barely but the rears pretty bad in reverse

Perk 22

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

JAricB did you get those tire and wheel combo to fit?

OP
OP
JAricB

JAricB

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
JAricB did you get those tire and wheel combo to fit?
Went with the factory Goodyears in 35” and Fuel wheels. Looks great and rides no different.
Sponsored