Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

reasons:

-I refuse to own a vehicle on Goodyear rubber. Long story….. made the commitment many years ago.

-no offense to the SAS fanboys, but I detest the big flares.

-I wanted the optional beadlocks not the SAS beadlocks

I’ve spent about $500 more than the SAS upgrade and I got exactly the tires and wheels I wanted. Had I bought SAS and upgraded wheels and tires, it would’ve cost me about $3000 more than just the SAS. I’m not paying that much just to keep obtain about 1.4” of total height difference.
That adds up, thanks for the info. She looks great, you nailed it!
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

reasons:

-I refuse to own a vehicle on Goodyear rubber. Long story….. made the commitment many years ago.

-no offense to the SAS fanboys, but I detest the big flares.

-I wanted the optional beadlocks not the SAS beadlocks

I’ve spent about $500 more than the SAS upgrade and I got exactly the tires and wheels I wanted. Had I bought SAS and upgraded wheels and tires, it would’ve cost me about $3000 more than just the SAS. I’m not paying that much just to keep obtain about 1.4” of total height difference.
This is the reason I didn't go SAS. The Goodyears aren't even in my top 5 tires I would choose in 35s.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

31” A/Ts on 15” wagon wheels. Still have the tires in barn (plenty of tread left). I changed them out just last year because I was worried about 25+ year old rubber.
Oh ok, so what made you go with KM3 over KO2, for your Bronco?

OP
OP
soonerbronco

soonerbronco

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh ok, so what made you go with KM3 over KO2, for your Bronco?
I could bullshit you and tell you that the mud terrains are better off road etc……perfecrly honest……. The KM3s remind of the stompers I played with when I was a kid.
Ford Bronco BFG KM3 M/T Tires (285/75/17) Fitted on 2021 Bronco Badlands 1627153447177

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could bullshit you and tell you that the mud terrains are better off road etc……perfecrly honest……. The KM3s remind of the stompers I played with when I was a kid.
Ford Bronco BFG KM3 M/T Tires (285/75/17) Fitted on 2021 Bronco Badlands 1627153447177
Exactly why I put them on Blue! 🍻

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my BL, non-sas, with the optional beadlocks on BFG KM3 285/75/17 Mud Terrains. My goal was a little chunkier look with a more aggressive tread pattern. No rubbing even at full turn. Didn’t touch crash bars. I needed to shave a little off the spare tire rubber stops to accommodate the added thickness. 3rd brake light in original position. I lost a little ride quality and added a little road noise. Exactly the look I wanted.

Bought tires back on Memorial Day when on sale. Paid about $1800 less $70 rebate (Simpletire.com) for 5 tires and $150 for mount/balance (local Firestone).
I've seen a lot of opinion on the forum but I just wanted to point out 100% objectively that this is the correct tire aspect ratio and tread profile for the Bronco. Congratulations ;)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Damn, looking at Tiresize.com info ...freaking Mud Terrains are HEAVY!

Even at that, comparing the GY to the Toyo Open Country 3 AT , the AT's are still considerably heavier.
GY Territory 285 70 17 (C) = 45 lbs
OC3 (SL rated) = 46 lbs
OC3 (C rated) = 56 lbs
OC3 (E rated) = 56 lbs

OC3 285/75 C = 59 lbs
..............................E = 60 lbs

285 75 -17 E MT's
Toyo MT = 69 LBS!!!
BFG MT = 67.2 lbs
The think you have to ask yourself about those Territories is if they are so light (315/70 at 52), and a 295/75 KM3 weighs 67, a 305/70 GY MT/R weighs 64, and a 315/70 Duratrac weighs 61 ... why does the Territory weigh so little, and how long will it last?

RTR wheels weigh about 10 lbs less than optional Badlands and Squatch, so I guess you can add some tire weight and be around the same.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The optional M/Ts are Goodyears correct? I want some tires that work, every Goodyear off road tire I've ever seen or used wasn't worth a flip. I already have RTR wheels sitting in my garage so I'm gonna shed some weight off the stock wheels already and its an off road SUV not a racecar. I'm not worried about every pound I add or take away.
Tire weight has MUCH more of an affect on performance than lighter wheels as it's weight is much further away from the axle. The law of physics. A 22 pounds difference is huge...

What is rotational inertia?
Rotational inertia is a property of any object which can be rotated. It is a scalar value which tells us how difficult it is to change the rotational velocity of the object around a given rotational axis.
Rotational inertia plays a similar role in rotational mechanics to mass in linear mechanics. Indeed, the rotational inertia of an object depends on its mass. It also depends on the distribution of that mass relative to the axis of rotation.
When a mass moves further from the axis of rotation it becomes increasingly more difficult to change the rotational velocity of the system. Intuitively, this is because the mass is now carrying more momentum with it around the circle (due to the higher speed) and because the momentum vector is changing more quickly. Both of these effects depend on the distance from the axis.

NotoriousBDP

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WL74 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
… my BL, non-sas, with the optional beadlocks on BFG KM3 285/75/17 Mud Terrains. … a little chunkier look with a more aggressive tread pattern. Exactly the look I wanted.
Love the more aggressive look this gives your Bronco, and your reasoning for taking a pass on SAS and the GY tires makes a lot of sense.

Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lookin really good man good vision ! Thanks for posting the finished look. For now haha

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

this is the set up i am going with so thanks alot for sharing this. if possible, would love to see more pics from different angles, particularly to show how tucked the tires are- head on shot maybe
as far as performance difference, what have you noticed?
forgot to mention, i have 285/75/17s on my Jeep (with a 2 inch lift) and they are going strong at 53,000 miles - did not notice any performance loss

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You gain .9 inches in diameter and add 22 pounds to EACH wheel over the optional MT’s.

They may look a bit nicer but they’re a real performance killer.
Couldve gone with swampers and atleast got some traction for your horsepower.

Anything is better than K02s. Looks good.