BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ridge Grapplers are slightly heavier (at 37's) than the MT AT's, but both are great tires.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a fan of BFG AT based off some bad experiences I had with KO’s in the early 2000’s right after they were released. I admittedly have never run KO2’s and they might be and probably are much better than reflected during my experiences with the KO’s. I suspect the KO3’s will be even better than the KO2’s so they might be worth a look when the time comes.

That said I switched to Toyo tires after my bad experiences with the KO’s and they’ve treated me well for 20 years. I’m currently running AT3’s on my truck and they’ve been great so far but I’ve been looking for a little more aggressive and sturdy tire for the Bronco. Toyo just released a new Rugged Terrain Trail that looks impressive and those might be what I replace my stock Goodyear when I’m ready.

Lastly, I’m sure it’s not news to many but I did learn through one of the reviews on the new Toyo that Nitto tires are owned and manufactured by Toyo.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/toyo-open-country-rt-trail-tire-review/

yokayyb

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 340i, Kawasaki zx6r
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyo open country RT trail looks promising. Released today

RaceRedOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
KO2’s are terrible on the highway in water. I live in south louisiana and neither my wife nor I liked them in the rain esp standing water.
I am in north louisiana and will agree that I hated my last set of K02's in rain! I was always slipping when taking off from a stop and they would get squirrely in standing water on the roads. I swapped to cooper AT3 and have been much happier with wet traction.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in north louisiana and will agree that I hated my last set of K02's in rain! I was always slipping when taking off from a stop and they would get squirrely in standing water on the roads. I swapped to cooper AT3 and have been much happier with wet traction.
I went to rubitrek on her jlur (much better but not as AT either
Geolandar g005 on my bronco
Has not rained yet on geolandar

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
are they K02s that bad in rain and snow then? I don't want to have to get new rubber right away.
I hear people say that from time to time but I live in the Pacific North West and deal with rain and snow. I have had studded snow tires and that is the best but the KO2s are pretty good in snow and rain and I have been through a lot of other tires. Seems like people are maybe thinking the KM2s are the same. Now KM2s suck in rain and shallow snow. Deep snow they are great.

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not a fan of BFG AT based off some bad experiences I had with KO’s in the early 2000’s right after they were released. I admittedly have never run KO2’s and they might be and probably are much better than reflected during my experiences with the KO’s. I suspect the KO3’s will be even better than the KO2’s so they might be worth a look when the time comes.

That said I switched to Toyo tires after my bad experiences with the KO’s and they’ve treated me well for 20 years. I’m currently running AT3’s on my truck and they’ve been great so far but I’ve been looking for a little more aggressive and sturdy tire for the Bronco. Toyo just released a new Rugged Terrain Trail that looks impressive and those might be what I replace my stock Goodyear when I’m ready.

Lastly, I’m sure it’s not news to many but I did learn through one of the reviews on the new Toyo that Nitto tires are owned and manufactured by Toyo.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/toyo-open-country-rt-trail-tire-review/
There is a huge difference between Kos and KO2s. Duratracs were a far better tire in the snow then the KOs. BFG improved the KO2 to be on par. For snow (we are talking on hte road and not snow wheeling) the Coopers do seem to be the best.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is a huge difference between Kos and KO2s. Duratracs were a far better tire in the snow then the KOs. BFG improved the KO2 to be on par. For snow (we are talking on hte road and not snow wheeling) the Coopers do seem to be the best.
Cooper at3 xlt or cooper rugged trek?

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Cooper at3 xlt or cooper rugged trek?
It was the AT3s. Also when looking the M + S rating is a joke. The Three peak snowflake is the real deal. really also depends on what snow driving you are doing. I am mostly talking about Snow road driving semi plowed. Mountains with deep snow then going a MT would be better. MTs on plowed road I have not seen any do great. Have not had experience with the Baja Boss but great company and like the looks.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had Wildpeaks on my wrangler - they were some of my favorite tires and great in the snow and rain. Lasted an incredibly long time as well.
I have wildpeaks on my Bronco. I did a lot of research on them before hand. I can say now a year after my Bronco was delivered and I put these on, it was an excellent choice

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is good news. KO2 is average, but that’s all, and QC can be terrible (near impossible to balance perfectly, wildly differing weights).

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have wildpeaks on my Bronco. I did a lot of research on them before hand. I can say now a year after my Bronco was delivered and I put these on, it was an excellent choice
They’ve gotten ridiculously expensive!

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have had a set of just about everything thats a mt ,not sure what the gold standard tire choice would be but it isn't the ko2👎
Sponsored