First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw 340i, Kawasaki zx6r
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have wildpeaks on my Bronco. I did a lot of research on them before hand. I can say now a year after my Bronco was delivered and I put these on, it was an excellent choice
may I ask, did you go with c load or d load?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just a note for those considering Wildpeaks, the Falken Rubitrek seem to be the same tire internally with just a slightly different Tread for about $100 ea cheaper. I've had a set for a week now in literally all conditions and like them very much, time will tell.
Ford Bronco BFGoodrich KO3 All-Terrain T/A tires are coming soon 20221022_111849

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are they K02s that bad in rain and snow then? I don't want to have to get new rubber right away.
I've had the KO2s on several vehicles including previous Jeeps, 4Runners, and Raptors. Currently have them on my Bronco. Wife and I took a previous truck, a 2018 Raptor to Lake Placid for New Years 2018. We took that thing over every "Seasonal Limited Use Highway" we could find. Cold as hell and snow and ice all around. We never had a single issue. Never got stuck and never lost traction (unless we wanted to, and yes... there is something about doing donuts on a frozen lake that is fun beyond all reason.)

The KO2s have also served well in extremely wet/rainy conditions on every vehicle I've had them on. Fuel mileage has been good. Good ride. Excess of 40,000 miles before replacement was necessary. Only issue I've ever had was getting some dry rot cracks in the tread grooves during one of my overseas assignments when I had my 2018 JL Rubicon stored.

Like most things, I think much of it comes down to the driver. And yes, I know there will always be exceptions to this... and yes, I know there are much better options available, like studded snow tires for those that need them. But for the bulk of what most people need, the KO2s will be just fine.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
may I ask, did you go with c load or d load?
Personally I like to go with the lowest load rating I can get away with. They squat better when aired down, are cheaper and are usually lighter.
E load!
Best winter/offroad/wet tire I've experienced. Super quiet on tbe highway

Ford Bronco BFGoodrich KO3 All-Terrain T/A tires are coming soon IMG_3177

Yamapro

Wildtrak
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been running bfg a/t on my F350’s for over 20 years. They are great everywhere except mud. I’m not sure why people complain about rain because I can hit standing water at 80mph and they don’t flinch.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

are they K02s that bad in rain and snow then? I don't want to have to get new rubber right away.
Always put KO2's on my F15p's and they are great in rain and snow... Look at the surveys on Tire Rack.

Redrockmatt

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Ko2s on my F350 right now and I feel like they are pretty darn good in the snow, for an A/T tire. Up there with the Wildpeaks for snow performance.
I have KO2's on my F350 as well and completely agree with you.

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Traditionally, we've always had to add weight in the back of our pickups due to the weight distribution issue engine transmission passenger weight versus bed weight. Its makes sense regardless of the tires you would have to add weight in the back for better traction in snow.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally like the KO2s. Those that have trouble with them in the rain, do you have too much air in them? The contact patch increases as you lower pressure. If you are not loaded to the max on your vehicle, you can lower pressure 3 - 4 PSI or even more, if it is cold and you are not going 80 mph.