Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont think it's amber I think it's yellow - slightly different and way better than amber. Here's another Loren Healy vid from that moab trip and it's got the same thing - I can't imagine all these videos have the same white balance issue. I think they just have a slightly yellow hue and perhaps not on the base.. maybe signature only? here's the link you can see the yellow for sure:

These signature lights are definitely white. There’s been no indication from anyone (official or from the forum) that its possible to run them in amber mode.

And amber is the actually the “official“ term for the color that the DOT mandates for vehicle signaling, etc… what we would casually call “yellow.”

Also, the signature lights are a white slash for DRL that turn amber for indicators… the base only has the amber LEDs, no white… and no trim ring. (Base lights accomplish DRL through the regular headlights.)

OP
OP
luptanpitman

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These signature lights are definitely white. There’s been no indication from anyone (official or from the forum) that its possible to run them in amber mode.

And amber is the actually the “official“ term for the color that the DOT mandates for vehicle signaling, etc… what we would casually call “yellow.”

Also, the signature lights are a white slash for DRL that turn amber for indicators… the base only has the amber LEDs, no white… and no trim ring. (Base lights accomplish DRL through the regular headlights.)
All that said, official terminology or not, why are the rings around lights in all of these videos I see, yellow? Not the color of turn signal but a different color that is yellow.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All that said, official terminology or not, why are the rings around lights in all of these videos I see, yellow? Not the color of turn single but a different color that is yellow.
I think it’s the camera not capturing it correctly… either white balance, or as I’m thinking about it now, it might be a PWM thing? So, we’re not seeing flicker because of shutter speed, but it’s screwing with the color temp in video but it looks white in pictures?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A time traveller from 92 with a bunch of pink and yellow paint and 44s. And a airdam and wing kit?
Honestly, who would want those? I guess there's a market, otherwise why build them?
Sponsored