Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Big Bear Bronco Bash is So Cal Bronco’s annual Main Event. Now in it’s 21st year, “The Bash” is a long weekend of Bronco Enthusiasts coming together to hit the trails and hang out. This year the event will take place June 9-12 in Big Bear Lake, California. We welcome all of our new Bronco 6G friends to join us on the trails. We typically have around 100 or so Broncos in attendance, and this year we anticipate an influx of new 6G's joining the ranks (I'll have mine there, along with our Early Bronco). If you'd like more info on the event, check out our website at https://socalbroncos.net/bbbb/

We also do an annual T-shirt to commemorate each edition of BBBB. Ordering for this year's version is currently under way, until Sunday night (May 15th) for pick up at the event or shipped to you afterward if you can't make it but just want a cool Bronco T-shirt. For the first time in our 21-year history it has a 6G in the design. If you'd like to order a BBBBXXI T-shirt (or hoodie or ladies tank), you can do so at https://socalbroncos.net/product-category/bbbbxxi/ just remember ordering closes on Sunday night. Here's this year's T-shirt design (printed on black garments):

Ford Bronco Big Bear Bronco Bash XXI - Event Info, T-shirts, etc. BBBBXXI-T-Shirt-BACK-1500sq

Ford Bronco Big Bear Bronco Bash XXI - Event Info, T-shirts, etc. BBBBXXI-Comp-Tee-1500sq

Ford Bronco Big Bear Bronco Bash XXI - Event Info, T-shirts, etc. Feat-IMG-201906-bbbbxviii-headquarters-1024x536

Thanks and we hope to see a few of our friends from the forum there :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im still waiting for mine. I'll see if I stop bye and see y'all and check out the Bronco's.
Looks like a great time to be had!
*** Ah, same weekend as a family gathering, perhaps I can convince them of a day trip. :cool:

Last edited:

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just recently took up residence in Lake Arrowhead, but unfortunately still waiting for my Bronco (reserved July of 2020). Finally got a production date for later this month, great news but too late for the Bronco Bash. I will definitely join y'all next year!!

garrettgraham

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still waiting for my bronco, but plan to join next year. I’m just down the hill in Redlands.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

sweet. In Big Bear all the time. Will come check you guys out.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
NorCal here. If I wanted to attend would there be a place I could store my top and doors for the weekend? Or maybe just the front and doors if I drive down without the back half on my 2dr?

Looks like fun!

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Big Bear Bronco Bash is So Cal Bronco’s annual Main Event. Now in it’s 21st year, “The Bash” is a long weekend of Bronco Enthusiasts coming together to hit the trails and hang out. This year the event will take place June 9-12 in Big Bear Lake, California. We welcome all of our new Bronco 6G friends to join us on the trails. We typically have around 100 or so Broncos in attendance, and this year we anticipate an influx of new 6G's joining the ranks (I'll have mine there, along with our Early Bronco). If you'd like more info on the event, check out our website at https://socalbroncos.net/bbbb/

We also do an annual T-shirt to commemorate each edition of BBBB. Ordering for this year's version is currently under way, until Sunday night (May 15th) for pick up at the event or shipped to you afterward if you can't make it but just want a cool Bronco T-shirt. For the first time in our 21-year history it has a 6G in the design. If you'd like to order a BBBBXXI T-shirt (or hoodie or ladies tank), you can do so at https://socalbroncos.net/product-category/bbbbxxi/ just remember ordering closes on Sunday night. Here's this year's T-shirt design (printed on black garments):

Ford Bronco Big Bear Bronco Bash XXI - Event Info, T-shirts, etc. Feat-IMG-201906-bbbbxviii-headquarters-1024x536

Thanks and we hope to see a few of our friends from the forum there :)

Glad to see y'all post here and open the invitation! I ran into a possible member of yours in Lone Pine who proclaimed to be a part of the "Old Guard" in the Socal Bronco community and owned multiple Broncos. Said all this after letting out a huge laugh at our 6G when I complimented him on his modded 4th or 5th Gen... not so friendly of a conversation. 🤷‍♂️

Look forward to hopefully meeting the friendlier enthusiasts of your group!🤙

Robtw

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't have the Bronco yet but ordered the shirt. Thanks!

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't really get some of the 6g hate especially from OG Bronco folk. Most of us with 6g Broncos grew up in and around Broncos. Which is why the nostalgia hit so hard for us we couldn't help but get one. I remember going to a Bronco event in Big Bear like 15 years ago with my dad in his 86 blue Bronco. I will see if I can get him out of Arizona to attend this year!

Glad to see y'all post here and open the invitation! I ran into a possible member of yours in Lone Pine who proclaimed to be a part of the "Old Guard" in the Socal Bronco community and owned multiple Broncos. Said all this after letting out a huge laugh at our 6G when I complimented him on his modded 4th or 5th Gen... not so friendly of a conversation. 🤷‍♂️

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Funny thing is a don’t see him as part of the old guard. If you’re not running a early Bronco you are not a Bronco fan imo.

Sponsored

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well... as it turns out we have an airbnb for June 12+ where I'm taking 'Burns Canyon' into BBLake from the east. I've never been there - trying to do some solo recon on trails that are chill (have a 3yo and wife that's learning to go offroad) and I'll be loaded down with gear for the week.
BUT maaaaybe I can make that last night events? Just crazy to see this timing sort of line up here.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are several informal groups who call themselves "So Cal Broncos" including the sub-forum of that name here on 6G. So it could be that the guy you encountered wasn't one of ours. We actually have very few 4th and 5th-gen folks in our group, we're mostly Early Broncos, with a growing number of us who also now have 6G's. If that guy was somehow one of ours, I'm sorry he gave you a negative impression.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NorCal here. If I wanted to attend would there be a place I could store my top and doors for the weekend? Or maybe just the front and doors if I drive down without the back half on my 2dr?

Looks like fun!
We can probably figure out a place for you to put your stuff.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

well... as it turns out we have an airbnb for June 12+ where I'm taking 'Burns Canyon' into BBLake from the east. I've never been there - trying to do some solo recon on trails that are chill (have a 3yo and wife that's learning to go offroad) and I'll be loaded down with gear for the week.
BUT maaaaybe I can make that last night events? Just crazy to see this timing sort of line up here.
It will pretty much be over by the night of the 12th (Sunday). We do still have a run or two set up for Sunday but for the most part people are getting up late after the Saturday night party, and packing up to head home.

One of the set-in-stone runs we do have every year on Sunday actually goes out to the same area you'll be coming up. Maybe there's a way you could join in if you're so inclined. We call it the Alan Rowe Memorial Run, and it goes to a place called Heartbreak Ridge, which is off of Burns Canyon Rd. We placed a monument for USMC Major Rowe, one of our members, who was KIA in Iraq back in 2004, at the top of that trail and we run it every year on the last day of the Bash. Burns Canyon is easy, but the Heartbreak Ridge loop is more of a Medium with a couple of tougher spots.

Regardless, you're welcome to check out our trail info for the Big Bear area on our website if it will help you figure out some things to do while you're in the area. You can find the trail info at https://socalbroncos.net/bbbb/#trails

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't really get some of the 6g hate especially from OG Bronco folk. Most of us with 6g Broncos grew up in and around Broncos. Which is why the nostalgia hit so hard for us we couldn't help but get one. I remember going to a Bronco event in Big Bear like 15 years ago with my dad in his 86 blue Bronco. I will see if I can get him out of Arizona to attend this year!
Yeah there's some residual skepticism about the 6G's among some of the EB folks. I don't mind. Some people just don't care for modern vehicles. I'm not one of them. I founded So Cal Broncos and I still love my EB's, but I love my 6G too.

I vaguely remember a dark blue OJB on the trail with us about that long ago, on Holcomb Creek if I recall. I wonder if that was you guys?
Sponsored