Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
I priced a Big Bend that has the ALL Black Diamond capabilities except seats and flooring. SURPRISINGLY, the Big Bend is CHEAPER and LOOKS BETTER than the Black Diamond. See the photos and pricing and decide which looks better. Here's why I think the Big Bend is better.

Big Bend has
- Better looking grille
- Allows Signature headlights ($795)
- Optional Rear Diff Locker (BD Std)
- Optional Heavy Duty Bumper (BD Std)
- Optional Rock Rail (BD Std)
- Optional Aux Switches (BD Std)
- Aluminum wheels Std
- Cloth seats & carpet (preferred for me in Miami Beach, don't care much one way or the other)

Black Diamond
- No Signature headlight option
- Ugly grille (imo)
- Steel rims Std (BB Std, optional pictured $995)
- Vinyl seats & rubber floors (others prefer this)
- AT tires Std

I added all options to Big Bend that are standard on the Black Diamond which included EVERYTHING necessary for off-roading. Also added the pretty headlights and Aux switches. Added aluminum rims to BD. I'd ride BB street tires and replace with ATs later. Don't you think the BB looks a lot better??

Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! Big Bend A51
Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! prici
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am hoping that is something is added later. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be. But honestly the regular lights have grown on me. I think I would opt for Big Bend if the signature headlights also got the LED taillights.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any trim pales in comparison to the BB grill ?. Many have criticized the BB for having carpet vs the washout interior. It all depends on your usage. It seems as there is a regular contingent that tromps through mud without concern. And then there are others where washable mats suit their need. To each their own. (Note: Are you sure the rock rails are included on the BD? I know originally they were listed as standard, but some noted that they became optional in the B/P. I plan on adding rock rails aftermarket for a cheaper price. Ford's are only body mounted. I can get the same rail for $200 cheaper. )

cdoublev

Black Diamond
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a heads up. You’re missing the rock rails on the BB so if you add those to be equal with standard BD equipment then they’ll pretty much break even

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Any trim pales in comparison to the BB grill ?. Many have criticized the BB for having carpet vs the washout interior. It all depends on your usage. It seems as there is a regular contingent that tromps through mud without concern. And then there are others where washable mats suit their need. To each their own. (Note: Are you sure the rock rails are included on the BD? I know originally they were listed as standard, but some noted that they became optional in the B/P. I plan on adding rock rails aftermarket for a cheaper price. Ford's are only body mounted. I can get the same rail for $200 cheaper. )
Rock rails are standard on Badlands and Black Diamond, but appear as a paid option on B&P contrary to the standard features that are documented all over the place. I believe this is a bug in the B&P release that will be corrected.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • Banned
Just a heads up. You’re missing the rock rails on the BB so if you add those to be equal with standard BD equipment then they’ll pretty much break even
Look again on my price list. Rock rail on Big Bend is there.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rock rails are standard on Badlands and Black Diamond, but appear as a paid option on B&P contrary to the standard features that are documented all over the place. I believe this is a bug in the B&P release that will be corrected.
I knew they were standard in the literature, but many were surprised to have to pay for them as an option at the BD trim. BB doesn't include them, but they can be optioned. I won't. RKR Rails

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dude. I'm with you. I wanted to go BD, but after pricing it out and comparing... As of today, I'm all in BB. The LED headlamps are the big driver for me. And I went tube steps vs rock rails. But yeah man. I agree.

Next do a BB, with all added options, comparison to a "stock" OBX... Pretty much same car, but BB is like $3k cheaper.

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it wrong for me to assume that if you wanted the signature lighting a year or two down the road that would be an easy do it your self up grade?
Not sure how much they would charge, but seems like you could pop the old ones out and hopefully they have the same wiring connection.
A little more complicated than changing the grill but probably not much.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would probably stay with the standard bumper and rock rails on BB because aftermarket will have so many more options to choose from.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'll give you the cost point on this, and some of the things from BB I do prefer.. OK well it's really just the signature lights.

What the BD does for me over the BB is the interior. I prefer MGV over the cloth. And NEITHER one has wheels or tires (too small) that if keep longer than to just drive home.

It's going to come down to which specific items you want, and which you can do without. I think both trims have their plusses, but neither makes the perfect Bronco for me @ that price point (which is where I am)

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll give you the cost point on this, and some of the things from BB I do prefer.. OK well it's really just the signature lights.

What the BD does for me over the BB is the interior. I prefer MGV over the cloth. And NEITHER one has wheels or tires (too small) that if keep longer than to just drive home.

It's going to come down to which specific items you want, and which you can do without. I think both trims have their plusses, but neither makes the perfect Bronco for me @ that price point (which is where I am)
I hear you! At this price point, I'd take the BB grille/headlight combo w/cloth as I don't want to sweat in vinyl in S. Florida.

I'm actually mostly set on the Badlands, but to be fair to myself and my wallet, I need to identify and consider my best cheaper alternative. Mine used to be the BD, when I wanted Cyber Orange, but now I'm A51 and really like the face of this BB. Rear diff lock is the thing I really need on these lower trims.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all have opinions
I love the BD grille, I think the BB has the ugliest one and worse wheel combos

I like the BD has an upgraded wheel selection and for what I do the MGV is a must have
Sponsored